Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New UL QBs will get opportunity to play right away

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Montana and Brady are products of the system they played in, "system quarterbacks", albeit talented ones.

Marino, Elway, Unitas and Manning are all better quarterbacks than those two.
    Very much in agreement with this. He had all day to throw from the mid 3rd quarter on, after the Falcons rush disappeared, and still had to be bailed out on the should-be pick and miracle catch. There are many quarterbacks in the league who could have done what he did in the comeback Sunday. Yet, he is hailed as the best ever now? I'm not an expert by any means but I'm not buying it.

I do agree he is top 10 all time, but definitely not the best ever. Jmo

Default Re: New UL QBs will get opportunity to play right away

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    When Stokley ran Jake out there, I was thinking he had lost his mind and should be ashamed putting that skinny kid at risk. Then Jake started slinging it around the field. That was awesome.
    If I remember correctly, the student section was chanting for Jake to be put in, and erupted when he finally ran on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Remember the first time Brady ran onto the field for Michigan. I thought the same thing when I saw Jake run onto Cajun Field.

My God, they are going to break him in half.

Imagine a taller, just as skinny version of Jake. That was Brady.
    Sounds like Cox ... from what I've read.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    If I remember correctly, the student section was chanting for Jake to be put in, and erupted when he finally ran on the field.
    The decision was made at halftime between Louie and Stokes.... we wern't gonna wait long to see if the others could get it done.... remember, our asses were on the griddle after 3 straight losing seasons.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    1-Brady
    2-Marino
    3-Elway
    4-Unitas
    5-Montana

All of these guys had more physical skills than Manning. Brees is better than Manning. Montana was the greatest benefactor of the "system" than the others. I think Marino was the most talented.

Tom Brady is the best combination of talent, leadership, intangibles, success, etc. than any other QB, ever.
    It's like arguing about the top 5 best looking women in the world. I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers... and before you ask... I'm referring to the best looking women. I'd definitely kick Joe Montana out of bed for eating crackers... afterall... he went to Notre Dame and should know better.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    The decision was made at halftime between Louie and Stokes.... we wern't gonna wait long to see if the others could get it done.... remember, our asses were on the griddle after 3 straight losing seasons.
    That was such a cool game. I wasn't living in Lafayette at the time, so I wasn't even aware of Jake Delhomme. A little kid sitting in front of me at the game says, "look dad... Jake is putting on his helmet"... I'd already heard the kid telling his dad something about Nelson saying that if Jake was wearing a red hat that he would be redshirted. Well, 5 interceptions in the first half (as I recall it) and Jake goes in. It was really cool to watch how Jake operated under center. You could tell he was all about reading the defense, barking out signals, and doing what it took to move the chains. But didn't he actually throw an interception on his first pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That was such a cool game. I wasn't living in Lafayette at the time, so I wasn't even aware of Jake Delhomme. A little kid sitting in front of me at the game says, "look dad... Jake is putting on his helmet"... I'd already heard the kid telling his dad something about Nelson saying that if Jake was wearing a red hat that he would be redshirted. Well, 5 interceptions in the first half (as I recall it) and Jake goes in. It was really cool to watch how Jake operated under center. You could tell he was all about reading the defense, barking out signals, and doing what it took to move the chains. But didn't he actually throw an interception on his first pass?
    Yes.....but Jake had "it" just as Brian did....leadership and huddle presence. Players believed in both of those guys. They always had that gut feeling that Brian and then Jake, when the chips were down, would lead them down the field. It's hard to explain but you just know when a QB has it.

Yes.....but Jake had "it" just as Brian did....leadership and huddle presence. Players believed in both of those guys. They always had that gut feeling that Brian and then Jake, when the chips were down, would lead them down the field. It's hard to explain but you just know when a QB has it.
    BB wasn't that year supposed to be Tyjuan Hayes' SR yr but he just up and left after the season? If that is accurate which if memory serves me correctly that was the same year. If Hayes dosen't leave does jake red shirt?

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: New UL QBs will get opportunity to play right away

Hayes had three years prior to Jakes freshman year. He's not listed in that year so his absence wasn't because of eligibility for years played.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    BB wasn't that year supposed to be Tyjuan Hayes' SR yr but he just up and left after the season? If that is accurate which if memory serves me correctly that was the same year. If Hayes dosen't leave does jake red shirt?
    He graduated early.....Jake would have beaten him out

I'm going to say something here.....I like both QB signees from this 2017 class....I got to see Harrison from Port Arthur memorial in person. I love his field presence and his demeanor on the sidelines.....sticking my neck out but this kid intrigues me..

I'm going to say something here.....I like both QB signees from this 2017 class....I got to see Harrison from Port Arthur memorial in person. I love his field presence and his demeanor on the sidelines.....sticking my neck out but this kid intrigues me..
    I have only seen him on hudl. I have said before he's got the most up side in the bunch including the guys already on campus. IMO

Wasn't there a JC transfer back then by the name of Jason Sanborn who they had pinned most of their hopes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I have only seen him on hudl. I have said before he's got the most up side in the bunch including the guys already on campus. IMO
    Upside and potential are funny words. Most people talked just like this for JD and a lot of people said this about Dion Ray. Next best thing since sliced bread. Yet we haven't seen him complete one pass yet. And look where we are at

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It's like arguing about the top 5 best looking women in the world. I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers... and before you ask... I'm referring to the best looking women. I'd definitely kick Joe Montana out of bed for eating crackers... afterall... he went to Notre Dame and should know better.
    Women, Songs, Beer, Boudin and QB's.

There are no correct lists, but my list is the best.

Universal truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Wasn't there a JC transfer back then by the name of Jason Sanborn who they had pinned most of their hopes on?
    Yep......oops...

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Yes and Danny Depace

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Upside and potential are funny words. Most people talked just like this for JD and a lot of people said this about Dion Ray. Next best thing since sliced bread. Yet we haven't seen him complete one pass yet. And look where we are at
    You are correct. But if you take a look at all 3 of their hudl videos as Srs in high school Harrison is no doubt the best at that point in their perspective careers. Now how this bunch develops him going forward might be the million dollar question.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Yes and Danny Depace
    Yes.....he had the athletic ability....damned good baseball player.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Probably. That was in the middle of the frat years, so I was not fully aware of my surroundings, so to speak.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast