Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New UL QBs will get opportunity to play right away

Blog Entries

Default Re: New UL QBs will get opportunity to play right away

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If the NFL found the best QB in the history of football in round six I guess we could find a competitor at a juco nobody in Lafayette has ever heard of.
    Brilliant optimism.

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

This is Davis' last stand and really a new beginning. New Offense, New position Coach. He either captures the new Coaches confidence or its over. He has the physical tools and it's up to him.

I am pulling for the kid. I hope he can step up in spring and take control of that position.

I'd still have a triple option package that gets Ray on the field a few possessions a game. You gonna need him as a back up so you don't want to move positions but he's to good to leave on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If the NFL found the best QB in the history of football in round six I guess we could find a competitor at a juco nobody in Lafayette has ever heard of.
    Joe Montana was drafted in round six?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Third, almost fourth, the point stands.

Tom Brady was drafted in round 6.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Remember the first time Brady ran onto the field for Michigan. I thought the same thing when I saw Jake run onto Cajun Field.

My God, they are going to break him in half.

Imagine a taller, just as skinny version of Jake. That was Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Remember the first time Brady ran onto the field for Michigan. I thought the same thing when I saw Jake run onto Cajun Field.

My God, they are going to break him in half.

Imagine a taller, just as skinny version of Jake. That was Brady.
    When Stokley ran Jake out there, I was thinking he had lost his mind and should be ashamed putting that skinny kid at risk. Then Jake started slinging it around the field. That was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    Tom Brady was drafted in round 6.
    Good for him.

Good for him.
    Where would you would rank Brady on the all time list?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Where would you would rank Brady on the all time list?
    5th at best. Montana is always going to the best. Elway was light years better. Peyton Manning was better. Johnny Unitas was way ahead of his time and better than Brady.

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

5th at best. Montana is always going to the best. Elway was light years better. Peyton Manning was better. Johnny Unitas was way ahead of his time and better than Brady.
    1-Brady
    2-Marino
    3-Elway
    4-Unitas
    5-Montana

All of these guys had more physical skills than Manning. Brees is better than Manning. Montana was the greatest benefactor of the "system" than the others. I think Marino was the most talented.

Tom Brady is the best combination of talent, leadership, intangibles, success, etc. than any other QB, ever.

Guess it all just depends on how much stock you put into the super bowl rings, which I think for everyone it's different. It is hard to argue that Brady was better than Manning or Elway as an athlete or even as a QB because I agree he isn't.

1-Brady
    2-Marino
    3-Elway
    4-Unitas
    5-Montana

All of these guys had more physical skills than Manning. Brees is better than Manning. Montana was the greatest benefactor of the "system" than the others. I think Marino was the most talented.

Tom Brady is the best combination of talent, leadership, intangibles, success, etc. than any other QB, ever.
    I think you are down playing Manning's talent...no he wasn't the runner Elway and Montana was, but he was ____ing really good.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Montana and Brady are products of the system they played in, "system quarterbacks", albeit talented ones.

Marino, Elway, Unitas and Manning are all better quarterbacks than those two.

Blog Entries

1-Brady
    2-Marino
    3-Elway
    4-Unitas
    5-Montana...
    Elway to Marino some consider that the best draft ever.

CajunEXPRESS" point about talent being out there to be found and used is still a good one.

How a professional players career turns out, in many cases is determined by chance. Good, talented players will always be good and talented, but how successful they are against greats of the past many times is determined more by the circumstances and teams that draft them or obtain them in one way or another.

I suggest that Drew Brees would be great on any team he would be on, but I think his career would probably look a little different without being in Sean Payton's system. Payton Manning would be a Hall of Famer on any team, but would he also have at least 5 Super Bowl rings if he would have been a part of the Patriots organization? Probably so. What would we be saying about Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers if they happened to be drafted by the Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions, rather than the Patriots or Packers? I feel they would certainly still be very good players, but would they be looked upon in the same way as they are now? Probably not. How would Dan Marino have fared playing for the Broncos, Packers or Steelers as opposed to the Dolphins? We will never know.

The point is, in many cases, fate has as much to do with how an NFL players career play's as does his ability.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    How a professional players career turns out, in many cases is determined by chance. Good, talented players will always be good and talented, but how successful they are against greats of the past many times is determined more by the circumstances and teams that draft them or obtain them in one way or another.

I suggest that Drew Brees would be great on any team he would be on, but I think his career would probably look a little different without being in Sean Payton's system. Payton Manning would be a Hall of Famer on any team, but would he also have at least 5 Super Bowl rings if he would have been a part of the Patriots organization? Probably so. What would we be saying about Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers if they happened to be drafted by the Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions, rather than the Patriots or Packers? I feel they would certainly still be very good players, but would they be looked upon in the same way as they are now? Probably not. How would Dan Marino have fared playing for the Broncos, Packers or Steelers as opposed to the Dolphins? We will never know.

The point is, in many cases, fate has as much to do with how an NFL players career play's as does his ability.
    Archie Manning comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    You'd like to think if the kid is good enough to start for the Cajuns some D1 would have offered him a scholarship.
    You'd like to.

In all likelihood, he's here just to be a camp arm. On the other hand, if he does have a shot, then that tells you how bad everyone else is.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: New UL QBs will get opportunity to play right away

Joe Montana was round three I think. There's no way you can put Montana there over Brady based on almost anything. Touchdown/interception ratios, total yards,passing percentage,
    super bowl victories, super bowl appearances, total touchdowns, total wins, fourth quarter winning drives.

Brady has sixteen seasons with one wiped out by injuries. Montana fifteen seasons. Brady.92 of possible games, Montana .74.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast