Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 2017 Signing Class

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2017 Signing Class

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It was very interesting talking to you last night at the game.

I still can't understand any of this...
    ---I really have a hearing problem---so I meet people and, and its very unfortunate, and I guess rude in a way that I totally miss their name---instead of keep asking, you pretend to have heard it and I know many of us that do that---were you the person I gave the ticket to next to me--the guy with his wife in the back---or the guy with Cajun Mike??? My post was a reply to Cajun Express about his post about my thoughts on recruiting classes---we disagreed on some stuff and he messed up a few words (like I do quite often)---man I sure wish I would have known it was the famous M A T!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I really have a hearing problem---so I meet people and, and its very unfortunate, and I guess rude in a way that I totally miss their name---instead of keep asking, you pretend to have heard it and I know many of us that do that---were you the person I gave the ticket to next to me--the guy with his wife in the back---or the guy with Cajun Mike??? My post was a reply to Cajun Express about his post about my thoughts on recruiting classes---we disagreed on some stuff and he messed up a few words (like I do quite often)---man I sure wish I would have known it was the famous M A T!!!
    By the concessions before the game, I was visiting with Lou and Donna.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I mostly use my phone to post on RP. I've got to confess I'm the iPhone's bi-tch. Lots of auto correct words. I almost never proof a post unless the meaning is vital.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    By the concessions before the game, I was visiting with Lou and Donna.
    ---Gotcha---hope to visit more in the future---Hanging with those 2, I can see where you get your passion for the Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Gotcha---hope to visit more in the future---Hanging with those 2, I can see where you get your passion for the Cajuns!!!
    First class individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    As usual you're talking out your azz. I highly doubt you have any idea how many are or aren't currently eligible. I do know HUD's had several of his most prominent not quality every year. I'd be fair more concerned about ours than ULMOST. We couldn't even fill our class. Maybe our academics are finally getting in the way
    Reading comprehension is obviously not one of your strengths. Perhaps if you'll go back and slowly read my post again, you'll see that what I did was ASK "how many of ULM's signees will never get eligible to play". I didn't say I KNEW anything. I do suspect that some of the higher rated players ULM signed are players that will never play a down at ULM.

And yes, UL has been guilty of this same kind of BS in the recent past. Several of our highly rated recruiting classes included players that, for whatever reason, never played a down as a Cajun. Maybe the fact that we didn't fill our class this year is a sign that Hudspeth is no longer wasting effort on players that don't have what it takes to make it at this level.

"Hudspeth is no longer wasting effort on players that don't have what it takes to make it at this level. "

looks to me like he has a whole locker room full of players that don't have what it takes to make it at this level...jus sayin...

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Reading comprehension is obviously not one of your strengths. Perhaps if you'll go back and slowly read my post again, you'll see that what I did was ASK "how many of ULM's signees will never get eligible to play". I didn't say I KNEW anything. I do suspect that some of the higher rated players ULM signed are players that will never play a down at ULM.

And yes, UL has been guilty of this same kind of BS in the recent past. Several of our highly rated recruiting classes included players that, for whatever reason, never played a down as a Cajun. Maybe the fact that we didn't fill our class this year is a sign that Hudspeth is no longer wasting effort on players that don't have what it takes to make it at this level.
    I don't know what you mean about filling out the class. We could only sign 19 due to sanctions. Holding 2 scholarships for players that may slip through the cracks or got dropped by larger programs at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I don't know what you mean about filling out the class. We could only sign 19 due to sanctions. Holding 2 scholarships for players that may slip through the cracks or got dropped by larger programs at the last minute.
    That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by olhardhead View Post
    "Hudspeth is no longer wasting effort on players that don't have what it takes to make it at this level. "

looks to me like he has a whole locker room full of players that don't have what it takes to make it at this level...jus sayin...
    Zing! Hahaha pretty good, pretty good

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: 2017 Signing Class

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    According to Hud we had two that flipped at the last minute, within a week, of the national signing day. We then had four scholarships available to fill out the needs. Neither of the flips were quarterbacks so he has yet to find a suitable quarterback for 2017. I doubt that was waiting for a white knight but a failure to get what he knew he needed.

I do agree, especially with reduced grant and aids available, that it is better to hold up on scholarships to less than promising players. We can use these next year as we still won't be able to sign the normal class of 25, and who knows maybe someone comes available this year.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8