Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Signing Class

Default Re: 2017 Signing Class

except for the career totals of TD's .... yikes

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: 2017 Signing Class

The stats I saw said through junior year. It struck me as strange at the time.

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Didn't we offer a scholarship to a kicker? I didn't see his name on the signing list.
    I think kicker coming in is doing so as a walk on.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Do we have any s-ships left to give for the late greats???

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Do we have any s-ships left to give for the late greats???
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Yes
    ---Great---glad you are back---Geaux Cajuns!!!

---Do we have any s-ships left to give for the late greats???
    I hope so...

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Foo...Conference=SBC

#MakeULGreatAgain

But we signed local talent!!!! They put butts in the seats :eye roll:

When was the last time moanroe ranked higher than us?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post

When was the last time moanroe ranked higher than us?
    It's not like we are 9th and they are 8th...they are ranked higher than a lot of people in the conference...do you really believe Texas state, Georgia state and ULM got better athletes than APP state, stATe and troy? Recruiting rankings mean nothing...it sells magazines. If we had all our scholly available we could have signed 9 holders with the rest and we would have moved up in the rankings...you gonna put stock in something that "ranks" that way?

No. I don't even pay attention to it. I was just generally asking to gauge the new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Down year for the state overall and we get a lot of local talent. 😐

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    It's not like we are 9th and they are 8th...they are ranked higher than a lot of people in the conference...do you really believe Texas state, Georgia state and ULM got better athletes than APP state, stATe and troy? Recruiting rankings mean nothing...it sells magazines. If we had all our scholly available we could have signed 9 holders with the rest and we would have moved up in the rankings...you gonna put stock in something that "ranks" that way?
    How many of ULM's signees will never get eligible to play? I think we've seen this before. You know, a highly ranked class that includes lots of players that NEVER get academically eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    How many of ULM's signees will never get eligible to play? I think we've seen this before. You know, a highly ranked class that includes lots of players that NEVER get academically eligible.
    And it's not exclusive to ULM. Of the top 750 ranked recruits in the nation (per 247's list), a grand total of 10 did not sign a letter of intent. Have they all done that well in school? Uhhhhh?

I don't think so!

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post

As usual you're talking out your azz. I highly doubt you have any idea how many are or aren't currently eligible. I do know HUD's had several of his most prominent not quality every year. I'd be fair more concerned about ours than ULMOST. We couldn't even fill our class. Maybe our academics are finally getting in the way

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    As usual you're talking out your azz. I highly doubt you have any idea how many are or aren't currently eligible. I do know HUD's had several of his most prominent not quality every year. I'd be fair more concerned about ours than ULMOST. We couldn't even fill our class. Maybe our academics are finally getting in the way
    How is he talking out of his azz ... he makes references "we've seen this before" and you reference "HUD's had several of his most prominent not qualify every year" ... aren't these the same statements?

We didn't fill our allotment YET; they are looking at what is available and what is needed; they will fill the allotment.

And our academics are the best in the conference and I believe best in the state; that is something we should be proud of.

At least I am.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    How is he talking out of his azz ... he makes references "we've seen this before" and you reference "HUD's had several of his most prominent not qualify every year" ... aren't these the same statements?

We didn't fill our allotment YET; they are looking at what is available and what is needed; they will fill the allotment.

And our academics are the best in the conference and I believe best in the state; that is something we should be proud of.

At least I am.
    He is talking out of his azz because he, you, and I have zero idea about the ULMost singing classes academic standings not a shared of an idea.

Now to the UL class? We still have four unsigned available unless he's filled them without notice. In the past, the past where Hud's classes were deemed outstanding, those classes included people who never showed up for classes. Often the cream of the crop in those classes. One has to assume most of those misses were academic issues but some could be other reasons like failing to pass a physical. Boomer is constantly trying to upgrade the UL classes by asking CajunT to list the players that never made it here, as if is mattered.

So he was speculating on ULMost (talking out his azz) but he might be right, might not, and we have evidence on Hud you are right. Several every class just never show up in August.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He is talking out of his azz because he, you, and I have zero idea about the ULMost singing classes academic standings not a shared of an idea.

Now to the UL class? We still have four unsigned available unless he's filled them without notice. In the past, the past where Hud's classes were deemed outstanding, those classes included people who never showed up for classes. Often the cream of the crop in those classes. One has to assume most of those misses were academic issues but some could be other reasons like failing to pass a physical. Boomer is constantly trying to upgrade the UL classes by asking CajunT to list the players that never made it here, as if is mattered.

So he was speculating on ULMost (talking out his azz) but he might be right, might not, and we have evidence on Hud you are right. Several every class just never show up in August.
    ---Ah man---"as if is (???) mattered"

Well it certainly does matter---why in the hell wouldn't it??? the classes are who signed and their not showing up or other reasons for not playing are the most important reason for our records

You count on specific positions being filled by very good players who are scheduled to play and they aren't around and you comment "as if is (I hope you mean it) mattered!!! This sounds like Hillary in her comments "What does it matter now"

-OK I am kidding --don't get mad!!! Also is it mostly alto or Soprano voices that the ULM singing classes signed

Now don't get mad ---just laugh a little!!!

Hell you are getting as bad as my calling our St Louis guard HANDY!!! lol

Well it certainly does matter---why in the hell wouldn't it??? the classes are who signed and their not showing up or other reasons for not playing are the most important reason for our records

You count on specific positions being filled by very good players who are scheduled to play and they aren't around and you comment "as if is (I hope you mean it) mattered!!! This sounds like Hillary in her comments "What does it matter now"

-OK I am kidding --don't get mad!!! Also is it mostly alto or Soprano voices that the ULM singing classes signed

It was very interesting talking to you last night at the game.

I still can't understand any of this...

Boomer I don't get angry, I'm just stunned you'd count people we knew were a long shot to make the August team. Regardless of how good they are, there are not here. By your logic Baldwin was not a good recruiting head coach, but a great recruiter. He signed all kinds of great players who never showed up because of grades.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast