Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Signing Class

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2017 Signing Class

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    So...does that mean HUD and staff are hedging on 2017.

2018 may only leave you with 10-15 avaliable spots.

It will definitely make recruiting easier
    There is only one way to get above the total of 19 allowed because of the sanctions in a calendar year and that is to sign a few Blue-Shirts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Like I said I don't follow recruiting closely, but I am surprised we held on to Lewis and our continued recruiting strength in MS. I also thought we would be losing more upperclassmen in the semester transfer window.
    We usually lose a few more upperclassmen after every spring football. If an athlete is not in the rotation at that point or wants to get closer to home, it happens usually after the spring semester.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think it was a better class than expected. I like the few surprises. The OL from Mississippi and the DB from Mississippi specifically. I think we are still going to add a grad QB transfer or juco QB to this class.
    The last minute grabs of Archie and Epson helped this class a lot. Stringer usually has a few ringers in his pocket late in the game. Had they been able to get Baker and Ganer, that would have made this class as good as the previous two years. Look for them to go JC to finish this class.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: 2017 Signing Class

Did and where did Cox(I think) the STM QB sign?

USM was really high on Archie but ran out of room in the class. Id say any time we are getting students that USM, Miss St and Ole Miss went after we are having success

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    USM was really high on Archie but ran out of room in the class. Id say any time we are getting students that USM, Miss St and Ole Miss went after we are having success
    USM didn't run out of room, they wanted his commitment and he wasn't ready. They were able to flip a DB committed to USA and that made his decision a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    USM didn't run out of room, they wanted his commitment and he wasn't ready. They were able to flip a DB committed to USA and that made his decision a little easier.
    I'm only saying what I was told by a usm scout person

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I'm only saying what I was told by a usm scout person
    I know him well and he pretty much says that every time they lose a recruit to UL. Go back and read all the articles including Drew White's own article on January 21st were he completely contradicts himself stating USM was looking to close out strong with Archie's commitment.

http://www.scout.com/college/souther...ern-miss-visit

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post

St Stanislaus is a boarding school. Chase sounds like he is from La. Does he have any Louisiana family connection.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Mississippi comes through.....a couple strong late surprises. Could it be better? of coarse. An all world can't miss QB. Who doesn't want SEC ready linemen.

Finally, Finally, Finally......OL recruits that will follow what we saw in Boise. Guys that need 2 solid years of power/agility conditioning before ready to compete as starter, but the result is strong, lean & athletic OL.

I like our 2 star DT from Catholic NI. I've seen him vs other 4 star all world recruit & I'm a alum of the latter. What I saw from 4 star guy didn't come close to expectations. CHNI guy is the better football player, & it ain't close.

Is the RB from Jennings talented?......big time, would love to have him. When I watch our guy from Erath.......I am biased, I don't see any major variance. Both played against similar level competition. UL did well here, Elijah 2.0 will be awesome to watch.

Nice to see Acadiana High signings......hope it continues.

Geaux UL!!!
    Elijah Mitchell rating only 2 stars shows the fallacy of the rating system. I am sure it was because he committed to us early and did not really consider others as he wanted to stay home. Kid has the right size and was only the leading rusher in the state.

Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Elijah Mitchell rating only 2 stars shows the fallacy of the rating system. I am sure it was because he committed to us early and did not really consider others as he wanted to stay home. Kid has the right size and was only the leading rusher in the state.
    That does seem odd.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm almost 100% certain that he has never been evaluated. They listed him as a WR. Despite rushing for 2800 yards or so.

...🔥🔥🔥

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    St Stanislaus is a boarding school. Chase sounds like he is from La. Does he have any Louisiana family connection.
    I don't think he was a boarder

Stanislaus had 5 kids sign to schools today pretty impressive

Geaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Looks like HUD and the staff also picked up a possible walk on DT/OT for the 2017 class.

Elijah Spain
    6'5" 280lbs
    Franklin,LA
    Franklin High school

After watching his HUDL, he looks like a 2 year prospect. The kid has a good frame.

What about the kickers? I think the kicker from STM, Gabe Pontiff signed. I'm not sure about the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Some excerpts from a website describing the practices.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hirt/79603750/

Redshirt are able to participate in every team function minus the games themselves; a player who plays in a single game will lose his redshirt status. By taking a redshirt, players are given five years to complete their four seasons of on-field eligibility.

Greenshirt recruits are those who enroll one semester ahead of schedule and join an FBS program for the start of the spring term in January. Typically, greenshirts are the most likely to earn immediate playing time as a true freshman.

Grayshirts are recruits who are offered a delayed scholarship. Essentially, grayshirts will postpone their enrollment until after the conclusion of the upcoming season; they will take classes, often as part-time students, but not officially join the program until the ensuing spring semester.

Blueshirts are counted toward the next season's scholarship total, but unlike grayshirts a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall. This allows programs to get the best of both worlds.

FBS schools can delay a scholarship for the following year, allowing them to over-sign beyond the 25-scholarship limit, and get the use of a prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.
    So how many blueshirts are allowed. And what is the difference between gray or blue shirt and oversigning. Thanks

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree. It would have helped if UL football had gotten his bio correct. The bio below has more errors than facts. They must have swapped his stats for someone else. I have posted his correct stats below if anyone is interested.

Rated a two-star running back on Rivals.com, Scout.com and 247Sports.com posted 1,903( 2,368) yards and 28(35) touchdowns his senior season despite only seeing significant action in eight games due to injury(that is false, played all 12 games) finished his career as the leading rusher in Bobcats' history with 4,045(6,217) yards and 50(89) touchdowns in three(4) seasons on only 457(665) carries had a career average of nine yards per carry and a touchdown every nine carries

maybe those stats are as of the day he committed (I thought someone said he was an early commit) then he played more games after, but they didn't update the stats. also could be regular season stats that didn't include playoffs?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast