Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Signing Class

Default Re: 2017 Signing Class

Does anyone know if Staten Wade, Ryheem Malone, and Karson Block count against this years class?

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Man, been in NO too long....missed 2games and the recruiting bash.....will there be any video high lites of the signees videos?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCool View Post
    Does anyone know if Staten Wade, Ryheem Malone, and Karson Block count against this years class?
    Yes, that is why they were reported. Wade sat out last season after transferring from junior college. All Blue-Shirts will count towards 2018.

How is a blue shirt different from a grey shirt? When can the blue shirts enroll and be a part of the team?

Red. Blue. Grey. I'm so confused.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, that is why they were reported. Wade sat out last season after transferring from junior college. All Blue-Shirts will count towards 2018.
    I don't understand Blue shirting.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This year is the least I have ever followed recruiting, but I am surprised how good this class looks. Many people here were saying the jig was up on HUD and that the the locker room controversy surrounding him was going to severely damage is ability to retain players and bring in new ones. At least to me, those dire predictions were not realized. I agree HUD is in a must win situation this year, but it looks like he added some players who can contribute to this program sooner rather than later.
    You just have to insert your stupid azz comments.. lol. If you think this is a good class, you are even more clueless than originally thought.. In fact, why don't you supply one metric, anywhere in the country, that has this recruiting class anywhere above middle of the pack in the SBC?

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Some excerpts from a website describing the practices.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hirt/79603750/

Redshirt are able to participate in every team function minus the games themselves; a player who plays in a single game will lose his redshirt status. By taking a redshirt, players are given five years to complete their four seasons of on-field eligibility.

Greenshirt recruits are those who enroll one semester ahead of schedule and join an FBS program for the start of the spring term in January. Typically, greenshirts are the most likely to earn immediate playing time as a true freshman.

Grayshirts are recruits who are offered a delayed scholarship. Essentially, grayshirts will postpone their enrollment until after the conclusion of the upcoming season; they will take classes, often as part-time students, but not officially join the program until the ensuing spring semester.

Blueshirts are counted toward the next season's scholarship total, but unlike grayshirts a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall. This allows programs to get the best of both worlds.

FBS schools can delay a scholarship for the following year, allowing them to over-sign beyond the 25-scholarship limit, and get the use of a prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.

Geaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

So...does that mean HUD and staff are hedging on 2017.

2018 may only leave you with 10-15 avaliable spots.

It will definitely make recruiting easier

Too many shirts!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    How is a blue shirt different from a grey shirt? When can the blue shirts enroll and be a part of the team?
    Blue-Shirts are put on scholarship in August. They count towards you next class.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Some excerpts from a website describing the practices.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hirt/79603750/

Redshirt are able to participate in every team function minus the games themselves; a player who plays in a single game will lose his redshirt status. By taking a redshirt, players are given five years to complete their four seasons of on-field eligibility.

Greenshirt recruits are those who enroll one semester ahead of schedule and join an FBS program for the start of the spring term in January. Typically, greenshirts are the most likely to earn immediate playing time as a true freshman.

Grayshirts are recruits who are offered a delayed scholarship. Essentially, grayshirts will postpone their enrollment until after the conclusion of the upcoming season; they will take classes, often as part-time students, but not officially join the program until the ensuing spring semester.

Blueshirts are counted toward the next season's scholarship total, but unlike grayshirts a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall. This allows programs to get the best of both worlds.

FBS schools can delay a scholarship for the following year, allowing them to over-sign beyond the 25-scholarship limit, and get the use of a prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You just have to insert your stupid azz comments.. lol. If you think this is a good class, you are even more clueless than originally thought.. In fact, why don't you supply one metric, anywhere in the country, that has this recruiting class anywhere above middle of the pack in the SBC?
    I fail to see the stupidity of my comment. Our classes have been middle of the pack for a few years now. Our retention rate with existing players has also been dismal. My observation is that our class looks to be about the same or better then previous years and our player retention did not take the huge hit some were expecting. I came in with low expectations and am pleasantly surprised. Sorry if that bothers you.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I fail to see the stupidity of my comment. Our classes have been middle of the pack for a few years now. Our retention rate with existing players has also been dismal. My observation is that our class looks to be about the same or better then previous years and our player retention did not take the huge hit some were expecting. I came in with low expectations and am pleasantly surprised. Sorry if that bothers you.
    Who surprised you?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    So...does that mean HUD and staff are hedging on 2017.

2018 may only leave you with 10-15 avaliable spots.

It will definitely make recruiting easier
    i think we get all 24 back in 18

Like I said I don't follow recruiting closely, but I am surprised we held on to Lewis and our continued recruiting strength in MS. I also thought we would be losing more upperclassmen in the semester transfer window.

I think it was a better class than expected. I like the few surprises. The OL from Mississippi and the DB from Mississippi specifically. I think we are still going to add a grad QB transfer or juco QB to this class.

And of course chase Rogers was a big get. I spoke to a coworker that is a huge Tennessee fan. He was disappointed they could not get Rogers.

Ill probabaly get a blue dot for this, but are these new shirt types another example of the big boys updating the rules on the down low?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast