Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: East West Shrine Game

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: East West Shrine Game

TD and the Basketball coverage of Eli!!! Awesomeness

How do they split up the teams. Lsu tech east, we are west no biggie but a Clemson guy is on the west team

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

7 rushes for 43 yds and a TD halfway through the 4th qtr

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    How do they split up the teams. Lsu tech east, we are west no biggie but a Clemson guy is on the west team
    Some may be just a matter of filling slots or replacements. They have college teammates on opposite sides.

Aside from Eli, this game has been HARD to watch. My goodness

Eli got another carry after the TD and made a nice stanky leg move to get a nice gain. He's earning some money today, folks.

The east receivers are definitely not making themselves money. So many drops

HoustonCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Eli got another carry after the TD and made a nice stanky leg move to get a nice gain. He's earning some money today, folks.
    All of his runs were up the middle, except his first carry, just the way he was used at UL. He did look good today and would possibly be the MVP if they gave out that award. I think his stock went up after today's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    All of his runs were up the middle, except his first carry, just the way he was used at UL. He did look good today and would possibly be the MVP if they gave out that award. I think his stock went up after today's performance.
    But But But... only an idiot would run Eli up the middle

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    it only works if you run other plays besides dive option

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Finish the sentence. With our OL, only an idiot would run Eli up the middle.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: East West Shrine Game

IMO the P5 backs were given more opportunities than Eli. He out produced them and it's that simple, his run won the game.

The Wisconsin back got a lot more carries and plays. He also lost the ball on a questionable fumble while the Prophet recovered a fumble. They must have promised the P5 backs more time. He clearly was the MVP of this game.

As for running up the middle. There were actually holes he could run through. The West did a great job on anything run East and West.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Finish the sentence. With our OL, only an idiot would run Eli up the middle.
    I'll finish your thoughts further, this was an all-star game where you have no game video of your opponent or a season worth of tendencies based upon formations, down and distance. Anyone that doesn't understand the difference between running a susscessful play in an all-star and running against an opponent that has prepared for you after watching videos, doesn't know football.

Was excited to get this alert on my iPhone!! 🤓

Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

... with minimal blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO the P5 backs were given more opportunities than Eli. He out produced them and it's that simple, his run won the game.

The Wisconsin back got a lot more carries and plays. He also lost the ball on a questionable fumble while the Prophet recovered a fumble. They must have promised the P5 backs more time. He clearly was the MVP of this game.

As for running up the middle. There were actually holes he could run through. The West did a great job on anything run East and West.
    I thought it was spread roughly equally, but I don't have the numbers to back that up. In fact, Eli was given the ball the very next series after his touchdown, while I didn't expect to see him back on the field at all.

Eli was MVP even before the touchdown. He made some great moves, broke tackles, and dispelled just about every myth about him that seems to be prevailing in the conversation.

Folks are even talking about him as a possible 2nd round pick now. Big big day for him.

(And they do give out offensive and defensive MVPs. Eli won the offensive MVP)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'll finish your thoughts further, this was an all-star game where you have no game video of your opponent or a season worth of tendencies based upon formations, down and distance. Anyone that doesn't understand the difference between running a susscessful play in an all-star and running against an opponent that has prepared for you after watching videos, doesn't know football.
    They're evaluating a whole week of work, not just the game. Eli has excelled all week.

Blog Entries

They're evaluating a whole week of work, not just the game. Eli has excelled all week.
    Not my point, or the point I was making. My point was to the thought that Eli McGuire showed today why Hudspeth wanted to run him up the middle often and that he was correct in doing so every week. I agree that the evaluation was the entire week and most of the scouts were gone by today.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not my point, or the point I was making. My point was to the thought that Eli McGuire showed today why Hudspeth wanted to run him up the middle often and that he was correct in doing so every week. I agree that the evaluation was the entire week and most of the scouts were gone by today.
    Yeah, I think we agree that even the Shrine Game's limited playbook was more robust than Hud's.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think we agree that even the Shrine Game's limited playbook was more robust than Hud's.
    LOL!!! True! But my point was just because the play was successful in an all-star game, doesn't justify Hudspeth's commitment to run him constantly between the tackles. Mainly because you don't watch video of your opponents offense and plan to defend it. It's an all-star game.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast