Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,252

    Default Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Think about that.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    3,902

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Think about that.
    Well, maybe they'll be able to fill it then! Sorry for the Charger faithful in SD.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    1,806

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    In two years, they will move to San Antonio.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    2,377

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    In two years, they will move to San Antonio.
    Yeah, they're totally unwanted in L.A., which barely wanted the Rams to begin with (the Raiders, however, would've been supported, but they're also a perfect fit for Vegas). Spanos is moving because his bluff was called in San Diego, and I don't know how many cities there are left capable of supporting an NFL team unless they decide to be the first international team (Vancouver, Mexico City would be geographical fits for an AFC West team). Spurned by the Saints and Raiders over the last decade or so, I could see San Antonio putting a pitch together to lure them if they could get a measure passed for a new stadium were a team to commit to relocating there. The biggest obstacle to that possible move is Jerry Jones, who absolutely doesn't want another team in Texas if he can help it (and he can).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,383

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Cajuns cant go to AAC or CUSA but could go to AFC West, lol

    also Alabama had better attendance against FCS teams and against Monroe than in their conf title game or playoffs, odd world we live in, lol


  6. #6
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,099

    UL Football Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Cajuns cant go to AAC or CUSA but could go to AFC West, lol

    also Alabama had better attendance against FCS teams and against Monroe than in their conf title game or playoffs, odd world we live in, lol
    Nothing odd about that. Bryant-Denny is a larger stadium than the Georgia Dome or Raymond James, by about 25,000 seats.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,383

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Nothing odd about that. Bryant-Denny is a larger stadium than the Georgia Dome or Raymond James, by about 25,000 seats.
    I realize that, do you know what "lol" means, lol..... based on that tidbit surprised they haven't made argument to use home stadiums then so they can get the home field adv back, they needed it, lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,383

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    also odd that S.carolina was banned from hosting championships (ban now lifted with removal of confederate flag) but of course we know baseball and softball were exempt since they were not "pre-selected neutral" sites, Mississippi I understand is still banned. meanwhile Alabama and florida were not banned even though they also fly the confederate flag at their state capital as it is part of their state flag(that seems worse actually?)


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,731

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Aren't they building a new stadium for them? This will be for a couple of years and I imagine if they make the playoffs they will play on the Coliseum.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    1,806

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    Yeah, they're totally unwanted in L.A., which barely wanted the Rams to begin with (the Raiders, however, would've been supported, but they're also a perfect fit for Vegas). Spanos is moving because his bluff was called in San Diego, and I don't know how many cities there are left capable of supporting an NFL team unless they decide to be the first international team (Vancouver, Mexico City would be geographical fits for an AFC West team). Spurned by the Saints and Raiders over the last decade or so, I could see San Antonio putting a pitch together to lure them if they could get a measure passed for a new stadium were a team to commit to relocating there. The biggest obstacle to that possible move is Jerry Jones, who absolutely doesn't want another team in Texas if he can help it (and he can).
    There seems to be a love affair between SA and Jerry Jones. SA has the base/size to have a NFL franchise. I would love to see it, but IMO, Texas is about 80% Cowboys/10% Texans/10% Other. There are many transplants like me and my family in the Houston area that pull for other teams besides Cowboys or Texans. Jerry would fight a third franchise in Texas. Houston wouldn't care.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,252

    Default Re: Chargers New Stadium Smaller than Cajun Field

    Chargers aren't even the 2nd most popular team in LA. Goes something like:
    Raiders
    USC
    UCLA
    Rams
    Chargers

    If I were to make a list of most popular by all sports, it gets even worse:
    Lakers
    Dodgers
    Raiders
    Kings
    USC
    UCLA
    Angels
    Ducks
    Rams
    Galaxy
    Chargers

    Combined with their new HC hire, its clear Spanos has no intention of getting a winning product. Like so many family-inherited NFL franchises, he's doing the bare minimum and riding the coattails of the league's overall profitability. SD will probably transform into a SDSU, Padres, and soccer (Club Tijuana, MLS expansion) town.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •