_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: UL women hope to stay hot at home

  1. #1

    UL Basketball UL women hope to stay hot at home

    On one hand, the UL Ragin' Cajuns women's basketball program is just three games into an 18-game Sun Belt Conference schedule.



  2. #2
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,860

    UL Basketball Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Our women are not nearly as good as their record. That said, we should win both games this week, as we are 6-0 against teams with RPI rankings of 200 or worse, and 3-0 against non-division 1 teams. Both Georgia schools are worse than 200. Georgia State is 252 and Georgia Southern is 313.

    By contrast, our women are 0-4 against teams in the top 200; two of those losses are to teams in the 100-200 range, on the road at USM [130] and at home to Houston [167]. Wins are nice, but we have a long way to go to be a good basketball team.

    Women's RPI [per Warren Nolan] this morning is 189.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,024

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Our women are not nearly as good as their record. That said, we should win both games this week, as we are 6-0 against teams with RPI rankings of 200 or worse, and 3-0 against non-division 1 teams. Both Georgia schools are worse than 200. Georgia State is 252 and Georgia Southern is 313.

    By contrast, our women are 0-4 against teams in the top 200; two of those losses are to teams in the 100-200 range, on the road at USM [130] and at home to Houston [167]. Wins are nice, but we have a long way to go to be a good basketball team.

    Women's RPI [per Warren Nolan] this morning is 189.
    Got two studs coming in next year .. they should boost us up tremendously

  4. #4
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,860

    UL Basketball Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Got two studs coming in next year .. they should boost us up tremendously
    We are young this year, but some of the young girls show promise. It is really hard to tell whether they are any good or not, as we play nobody.

    I will say this about Brodhead: He is very smart this year to be giving all those young girls lots of playing time. That will only make them better, even if it is against bad teams.

    Who is coming in? [Name/School/Position/Size?]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We are young this year, but some of the young girls show promise. It is really hard to tell whether they are any good or not, as we play nobody.

    I will say this about Brodhead: He is very smart this year to be giving all those young girls lots of playing time. That will only make them better, even if it is against bad teams.

    Who is coming in? [Name/School/Position/Size?]
    http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...er/_/id/189248


    http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...er/_/id/189253

    Twins from Texas

  6. #6
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,860

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/189248


    http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...er/_/id/189253

    Twins from Texas
    Did they transfer? They are no longer on the roster at their former high school, and I can't find them on any other team.

  7. #7
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,355

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Did they transfer? They are no longer on the roster at their former high school, and I can't find them on any other team.
    Looks like both were recently kicked off the team.

    http://www.theeagle.com/brazos_sports/basketball/big-third-quarter-helps-rudder-girls-basketball-team-beat-bryan/article_9dabd3c5-0d5b-5b5a-8009-d726fef848cf.html

  8. #8
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    6,355

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    It also looks like they were both nominated for the McDonalds All-American team with a bunch of other Texas players.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...yjPEH0xcnLJL1Q


  9. #9
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,860

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Two 5'8" guards who can play will definitely help. We shall see.


  10. #10
    DieHard1280's Avatar
    DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    5,300

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    I really think it's time to stop thinking of women this way. Why do women continue to be objectified even in newspaper headlines. Why does it matter if our women athletes are "hot" or not?




  11. #11
    ZoomZoom's Avatar
    ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,338

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Most importantly regarding any recruits...can they put the ball in the hoop.

    Our team is very good at possessing the ball. Shooting, well, I've seen the ladies hang over 25 in one quarter then struggle to get to 10 the next. On more than one occasion.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,428

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I really think it's time to stop thinking of women this way. Why do women continue to be objectified even in newspaper headlines. Why does it matter if our women athletes are "hot" or not?



    I was thinking the same thing

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,428

    Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

    even if kicked off team are they still planning on attending our univ?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •