Thread: Cajuns Ranked #13 by Perfect Game

UL Baseball Cajuns Ranked #13 by Perfect Game

Four ranked teams are on the Cajuns' schedule

Default Re: Cajuns Ranked #13 by Perfect Game

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...e=lift_amplify

someone should send a note to their boy..... I never imagined someone not writing about us and still use the wrong name

and changed what he was actually quoting? is that fake news?
    good to see perfect game got the memo!

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...e=lift_amplify

someone should send a note to their boy..... I never imagined someone not writing about us and still use the wrong name

and changed what he was actually quoting? is that fake news?
    good to see perfect game got the memo!
    We all know where the advocate's loyalties lie and what they think of us. Of course they changed the name to please their target audience, their staffs interest, and whoever else has influence over that stupid paper. No surprises there, but all the advocate keeps doing is making themselves look more and more petty.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We all know where the advocate's loyalties lie and what they think of us. Of course they changed the name to please their target audience, their staffs interest, and whoever else has influence over that stupid paper. No surprises there, but all the advocate keeps doing is making themselves look more and more petty.
    but why is he even writing about us at all? I thought his job is lsuam-b.rouge baseball and southern university football?

but why is he even writing about us at all? I thought his job is lsuam-b.rouge baseball and southern university football?
    He didn't write about us.....which only makes it worse. Although not mentioned in the article, when they pasted the list from PG they changed our name from 'Louisiana' to Louisiana-Lafayette. Being the a-holes that they are.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

How is he writing about us? Is he supposed to leave a blank spot in the ranking or article?

The Advocate is petty on this. They determine how we are referenced on their site per their own style guidelines. I understand pointing out that they changed it, but I don't get how this is Luke Johnson "writing about us" when he covers LSU baseball. He merely points out we are the only other state team ranked at the end of the written part. Common practice on something like this. It's not an article about us

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    How is he writing about us? Is he supposed to leave a blank spot in the ranking or article?

The Advocate is petty on this. They determine how we are referenced on their site per their own style guidelines. I understand pointing out that they changed it, but I don't get how this is Luke Johnson "writing about us" when he covers LSU baseball. He merely points out we are the only other state team ranked at the end of the written part. Common practice on something like this. It's not an article about us
    31 forgot his tinfoil hat again.

I didn't say entire article was about us.

boy that picture in his article though is a little obnoxious, if I do say so, if that guy was on Toronto I bet some would call for a bean ball...... in addition to the fact that they probably cheated on that same play, but no need to rehash those threads now.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    no, was just giving ya'll a heads up. maybe luke didn't know about the new policy yet, and some on here sound as if they keep in touch with him (I was just speculating) may be able to nicely tell him

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    not to mention that CNN stole my hat and wont give it back.....

no, was just giving ya'll a heads up. maybe luke didn't know about the new policy yet, and some on here sound as if they keep in touch with him (I was just speculating) may be able to nicely tell him
    Luke Johnson has zero control over this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Luke Johnson has zero control over this issue.
    I think we had this conversation before..... so you are telling me he writes without the Lafayette and someone adds it in, that is extremely hard to believe....
    he definitely has control, he is not an indentured servant.... it isn't his fight to care, but I think some said same thing with dan McDonald, we need to solve the issue of whether a writer or broadcaster can be forced to do something or not, maybe they choose job over principle but it was still a choice and they were not forced to do something

Yeah, again this has nothing whatever to do with Luke or the write-up.....his article does not mention us at all.
    It's the fact that when they (the editors I guess) posted the list they took the extra effort to change our name before they did so to fit their agenda.

Maybe it's just not a big deal for everyone. It was the school name for awhile and it may take some awhile to adjust.

The good news is the experts expect a very good season. However, just because someone is paranoid, it doesn't mean nobody's out to get them. JK

D1baseball has the boys at #13 this morning.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We are now one month away, gentlemen.