Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RCAF Annual Fund Sets Record; Approaches $11 Million In Cash, Pledges

Ragin' Cajuns RCAF Annual Fund Sets Record; Approaches $11 Million In Cash, Pledges

The Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Foundation (RCAF), the official fundraising arm of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Athletics, announced on Wednesday that contributions to the RCAF Annual Fund set a record, while eclipsing the $2.1 million total for the third consecutive year.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: RCAF Annual Fund Sets Record; Approaches $11 Million In Cash, Pledges

Another whopping $3,000 more than in 2015. We had about the same gain in 2015.

Good to see the number of members going up. $ wise should go up significantly in 2017 with the departure of the former AD.

Default Re: RCAF Annual Fund Sets Record; Approaches $11 Million In Cash, Pledges

IMHO, Considering what is going on in Lafayette with the job losses and all, I think getting one dollar more than last year is remarkable. It is tough out there for oil people.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Another whopping $3,000 more than in 2015. We had about the same gain in 2015.

Good to see the number of members going up. $ wise should go up significantly in 2017 with the departure of the former AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    IMHO, Considering what is going on in Lafayette with the job losses and all, I think getting one dollar more than last year is remarkable. It is tough out there for oil people.
    Yep, I agree. We've been very flat the last 3 years in dollars raised.

After 40+ years in this(O&G) industry you just try to hang on to the bucking horse. Hopefully it'll get better real soon. Almost time to get out.

For me also, hoping to make it another 2 years though. But if it happened tomorrow, we would make it I guess.

Almost time to get out.

Sad situation...friends, family, customers are all jobless. It seems like it keeps creeping up closer and closer. Rig count severely down, but slowly climbing...customers having a hard time paying bills. This needs to turn soon. Everyone will feel it if it doesn't whether you believe it or not.

Here's to a better year!

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Sad situation...friends, family, customers are all jobless. It seems like it keeps creeping up closer and closer. Rig count severely down, but slowly climbing...customers having a hard time paying bills. This needs to turn soon. Everyone will feel it if it doesn't whether you believe it or not.

Here's to a better year!
    ---Last week the DA had an article on the number of restaurants going out of business in the Lafayette area

-just another sign of the times---hope all can hang on until we get this turned around

Don't know any stats on how the economy actually effects the giving for things such as RCAF, but I would think that under the circumstances we did OK!!!

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Last week the DA had an article on the number of restaurants going out of business in the Lafayette area

-just another sign of the times---hope all can hang on until we get this turned around

Don't know any stats on how the economy actually effects the giving for things such as RCAF, but I would think that under the circumstances we did OK!!!

Also saw one saying 17 opening in the Lafayette area as well.

The Lafayette market is highly competitive if you're a restaurant owner. Restaurants are not a good indicator of the economy. Many restaurants are fighting it out for a small slice of the market. Many will fail it's the nature of the business.

I truly hope the oil and gas industry rebounds in 2017. I've seen how it has affected the company my wife is employed by. It also reinforces the need for further diversification of the local economy with well paying jobs.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I will say that no matter the day of the week, when I pass by a number of of restaurants on the way home from the north to south part of Lafayette there always seems to be mostly full parking lots at the restaurants I pass.

Incredible considering all of the people who pulled donations to protest Hud, video, Marlin, the non-school color black, etc.

Are these audited numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post

Here's to a better year!
    Yes it is bad, but it is not 1980's bad. Uptick in local sales taxes last three months probably can be linked directly to flood repairs. Change in Washington, for or against, will be good for small businesses and O&G.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Alumni Re: RCAF Annual Fund Sets Record; Approaches $11 Million In Cash, Pledges

Just called the RCAF and re-uped, and increased for 2017. Staff was very cordial and very knowledgeable, answered all my questions with confidence.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Just called the RCAF and re-uped, and increased for 2017. Staff was very cordial and very knowledgeable, answered all my questions with confidence.
    ---Walking the Walk

We all thank you!!!

Are we supposed to be getting RCAF letter in snail mail for renewals?

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: RCAF Annual Fund Sets Record; Approaches $11 Million In Cash, Pledges

Jay, we all know our RCAF accounts were finished on 12/31/16. I simply went to the web site got the number and called. Because I was paying over time and increasing I chose to call, I could have done it on line otherwise.

Perhaps they should be sending out renewal notices snail mail or email.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Perhaps they should be sending out renewal notices snail mail or email.
    They e-mailed me with a renewal request back in mid-December.

Called twice to renew...left messages both times...nothing

Ragin' Cajuns Re: RCAF Annual Fund Sets Record; Approaches $11 Million In Cash, Pledges

I've never had that problem,ever. Always get a live person, or timely return call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast