Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

  1. #21
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    James is an "acquired taste" I'll grant you--my point to Ian was, aside from the Detillier and Robe interviews, that this was now HIS show, and people wouldn't expect him to be JPB 2.0....
    Oh! I listened often when Robe was on. Too bad there was more Bitter and less Robe. Occasionally when Detillier was on.

    Like I said being unique isn't always a good thing.

  2. #22
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,718

    Default Re: Ozone on ESPN 1420

    Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Nate, the name of the show is indeed "The Au-zone" (or, as is spelled in this thread, "The Ozone").

    Thank you, everybody, for the kind words. We'll get better as we go along.
    How much time will you spend thanking sponsors. I realize there is no show without sponsors. However, Mr. Bitter went overboard on that to the point I would turn my radio off or move to music when he began mentioning them. He would spend so much time on that aspect you would forget the topic. His obsession with focusing on them actually hurt his sponsors as others were doing the same as I.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    815

    Default Re: Ozone on ESPN 1420

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    How much time will you spend thanking sponsors. I realize there is no show without sponsors. However, Mr. Bitter went overboard on that to the point I would turn my radio off or move to music when he began mentioning them. He would spend so much time on that aspect you would forget the topic. His obsession with focusing on them actually hurt his sponsors as others were doing the same as I.
    Mike, my wife would want to slap me because I could recite his commercials along with him!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,743

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    I have to give Bitter one thing in that I suspect the reason he did the radio show is to earn money to get his daughter through College. For that, I give him his props. As a radio guy not so much, he needs to keep his day job.


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,716

    Default Re: Ozone on ESPN 1420

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    My only question is can you now, in good conscience, patronize his old sponsors.
    does ozone have different sponsors?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Ozone on ESPN 1420

    Thanks again for all the kind words. I'll try to answer the questions one by one.

    Yes, we will have sponsors. We're working on that now. Forgive this cheap plug, but if you and/or your business would like to sponsor the show, give Frank a call at Townsquare Media. The more sponsors, the merrier. As for commercial breaks, it'll be the same frequency as you hear during the week on ESPN 1420--three breaks an hour.

    Coach Robe will be on in the coming weeks. Believe me, we all will be learning from his wisdom as baseball season goes along.

    I wouldn't say Gov. Christy and I are boys, but I have met him a few times. Really nice guy. If he's not at the New Jersey Statehouse or governor's mansion, you can find him at Princeton baseball games with hot dog and/or Skittles in hand.

    Yes, I do like IPAs. As for whether this IPA is juicy or dank, I'll let you be the judge.


  7. #27
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,718

    Default Re: Ozone on ESPN 1420

    Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Thanks again for all the kind words. I'll try to answer the questions one by one.

    Yes, we will have sponsors. We're working on that now. Forgive this cheap plug, but if you and/or your business would like to sponsor the show, give Frank a call at Townsquare Media. The more sponsors, the merrier. As for commercial breaks, it'll be the same frequency as you hear during the week on ESPN 1420--three breaks an hour.

    Coach Robe will be on in the coming weeks. Believe me, we all will be learning from his wisdom as baseball season goes along.

    I wouldn't say Gov. Christy and I are boys, but I have met him a few times. Really nice guy. If he's not at the New Jersey Statehouse or governor's mansion, you can find him at Princeton baseball games with hot dog and/or Skittles in hand.

    Yes, I do like IPAs. As for whether this IPA is juicy or dank, I'll let you be the judge.

    No one would expect you to have a show without sponsors. That is not really feasible as it would not make financial sense. Glad to hear the frequency will be similar to the other shows. That is about right. WWL in New Orleans has lost plenty of listeners to their sports shows as commercials take roughly 25 minutes of every hour. That is obviously too much and glad to hear you will have something that is more of the normal variety. Some of Mr. Bitter's sponsors may want to hang on with you. I am sure you are calling them and I wish you luck with that aspect.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    7,898

    Default Re: Ozone on ESPN 1420

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Listen for about 5 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. He is no bitter and has a long way to go if he'll make it as long as my man jpb did.
    Hopefully he is no Bitter. Heard him once and couldn't listen to him ever again.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,518

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Ian on the sportsnote today at 11:15ish.. after Moon Griffon (always have moon on the full moon of each month) Cajuns assist BB coach Kevin Johnson on Different-Notes at 10a


  10. #30
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    Ian on the sportsnote today at 11:15ish.. after Moon Griffon (always have moon on the full moon of each month) Cajuns assist BB coach on Different-Notes at 10a
    Best hour of the week when Coach Johnson is on.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,511
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Caught your show today. I want to say a sincere thank you for your kind words for law enforcement at the end. That Officer from westwego was on his way home after work when he was gunned down. Its nice to hear someone from the media recognize that fact. Thanks again, a lot of Officers heard you.


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,743

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Good interview with Mike Detillier this morning.


  13. #33
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,475

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Good interview with Mike Detillier this morning.
    Yes I listened to it as well. Ian is doing a great job, makes Saturday in the office doable.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,511
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Love the show.. His is a totally different insight.


  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Thank you, all, for the kind words and for listening! I'm happy that you're enjoying the show!

    ICYMI: Here's the Mike Detillier interview from this morning: https://soundcloud.com/user-644145249/detillier021117

    Last edited by IndiaPaleAle; February 11th, 2017 at 11:16 am. Reason: Added the link to the Detillier interview

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Thank you, all, for the kind words and for listening! I'm happy that you're enjoying the show!

    ICYMI: Here's the Mike Detillier interview from this morning: https://soundcloud.com/user-644145249/detillier021117
    You ain't no Bitter, though. You don't make me question whether to change the dial or continue listening to the train wreck.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    I posted the Detillier interview link above. Here are the links to the other segments from this morning's show.

    Stevie P. interview on UL Softball: https://soundcloud.com/user-644145249/steviep021117

    The Hall-of-Fame Case for Ernie Ladd: https://soundcloud.com/user-64414524...for-ernie-ladd

    Interview with former UL Softball catcher and Comeaux softball head coach Blaise Talbot: https://soundcloud.com/user-64414524...lbot-interview


  18. #38
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,512

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    James is an "acquired taste" I'll grant you--my point to Ian was, aside from the Detillier and Robe interviews, that this was now HIS show, and people wouldn't expect him to be JPB 2.0....
    I listened to him often with Robe. Never could aquire a taste for the man. Being unique isn't necessarily a good thing.

  19. #39
    Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,718

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    I posted the Detillier interview link above. Here are the links to the other segments from this morning's show.

    Stevie P. interview on UL Softball: https://soundcloud.com/user-644145249/steviep021117

    The Hall-of-Fame Case for Ernie Ladd: https://soundcloud.com/user-64414524...for-ernie-ladd

    Interview with former UL Softball catcher and Comeaux softball head coach Blaise Talbot: https://soundcloud.com/user-64414524...lbot-interview
    Will the Coach Robe interviews begin next week?

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,743

    Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Will the Coach Robe interviews begin next week?
    He said they would start next week.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •