Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 113

Thread: Armed Forces Bowl

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,832

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    They have a name for teams that combine a high octane offense with a stout defense. They're called CHAMPIONS.


  2. #82
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    I don't understand though why all high octane offenses have to be accompanied by a sucky defense. Manny Diaz was the last decent defense we have had
    The only valid excuse is the potentially fast turnover of the ball. But it's a marginal excuse. Some years, it just turns out your defense is exploited by poor matchups. But in general, I know what you mean. It baffles me how many high octane (great passing) offenses are accompanied by a porous defense.

    I'd rather take that risk. We've had too many low octane offenses accompanied by a sucky defense. But some head coaches and staff have the skills to build good programs... and some don't. It isn't as random and "cyclical" as coaches purport. There's a reason for every season. Don't ever let them tell you otherwise.

  3. #83

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yes, this is so true. What is really sickening is that whatever success they have is not supported by their fan base. That is the opposite of our situation. We have a fan base, and potentially a much larger one, that is just dying to support our programs, yet we are just barely treading water in FB, the most important program.
    But as many have noted recently, with the new AD coming and the total support of Doc S, we are really on our way. Great things are ahead for us.
    I figured you would attempt to spread misinformation about our bowl win, I decided to visit RP. As usual, you once again post misinformation, either knowingly or just because. In this thread you have posted at least two points that were untrue.

    1- You said the teams scored on every possession. Fact is Navy punted three times and Tech punted twice. Each time lost one fumble. So much for your first display of ignorance/hate.

    2- Fan support. Per the NCAA website: Tech averaged 20, 412/game. ULL averaged 20,224/game. So much for your second point of ignorance/hate

    Why don't you bring your criticism of Tech to BBB? That would be the logical thing to do.

    Nice visiting with you. Over and out until you man up and post your ignorance where it belongs which is on BBB. If you have been banned, you can always pose as "Shonuff," the ULM fan as you have done on the SBC/CUSA boards, or as VermillionWhite, geauxpnc, or other names you have used.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    The fact is that whatever success is happening for @ruston on the FB field is also not helping their bottom line. From the last official state budgets:

    1. Ticket Sales:
    ltu@ruston: 1,723,061
    UL: 2,992,952........2,008,725, FB alone.

    In other words, our FB sales outsell all of their other sports......combined.


    2. Program, novelty, parking + Royalties, licensing, ads and sponsorships:
    ltu@ruston: 134,767 + 290,213 = 424,980
    UL: 670,257 + 948,931 = 1,619,188


  5. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,855

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Facts dont count for the laturd boys. They would rather soak in their own delusion.


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Facts dont count for the laturd boys. They would rather soak in their own delusion.
    But gee whiz, if you are a kid trying to decide on a school, this video will definitely help make your decision:

    https://mobile.twitter.com/TechAdmis...580737/video/1

    For which they were made a national laughingstock, again:

    http://www.barstoolsports.com/barsto...s-a-field-day/

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I figured you would attempt to spread misinformation about our bowl win, I decided to visit RP. As usual, you once again post misinformation, either knowingly or just because. In this thread you have posted at least two points that were untrue.

    1- You said the teams scored on every possession. Fact is Navy punted three times and Tech punted twice. Each time lost one fumble. So much for your first display of ignorance/hate.

    2- Fan support. Per the NCAA website: Tech averaged 20, 412/game. ULL averaged 20,224/game. So much for your second point of ignorance/hate

    Why don't you bring your criticism of Tech to BBB? That would be the logical thing to do.

    Nice visiting with you. Over and out until you man up and post your ignorance where it belongs which is on BBB. If you have been banned, you can always pose as "Shonuff," the ULM fan as you have done on the SBC/CUSA boards, or as VermillionWhite, geauxpnc, or other names you have used.
    We had a bad year was 2-4 at one point, played home at 11am twice one on the first weekend in September in 97 degree heat, and had a home Wednesday night game. When you do that and can average 20k let us know. You had one of your best years ever played for championship and struggled to get 20k.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    We had a bad year was 2-4 at one point, played home at 11am twice one on the first weekend in September in 97 degree heat, and had a home Wednesday night game. When you do that and can average 20k let us know. You had one of your best years ever played for championship and struggled to get 20k.
    Again with facts and reality:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Facts dont count for the laturd boys. They would rather soak in their own delusion.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,796

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But gee whiz, if you are a kid trying to decide on a school, this video will definitely help make your decision:

    https://mobile.twitter.com/TechAdmis...580737/video/1

    For which they were made a national laughingstock, again:

    http://www.barstoolsports.com/barsto...s-a-field-day/
    Ouch, I can't dance ... that looked like a lot of me's.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    We had a bad year was 2-4 at one point, played home at 11am twice one on the first weekend in September in 97 degree heat, and had a home Wednesday night game. When you do that and can average 20k let us know. You had one of your best years ever played for championship and struggled to get 20k.
    OK. Tech started 1-3, played in 90+ degree weather in September, played an FCS team that no one cared about, had a home weeknight game, and had 11 AM starts. Also, we didn't have one of our best teams ever. We were in a rebuilding year, and had to replace 7 players that are currently on NFL rosters. So, whatever difference there may have been in the obstacles were negligible.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Facts dont count for the laturd boys. They would rather soak in their own delusion.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Hey Stoodge: you sure have some mighty hate for us. Just a few of his lovely posts about UL:


    "I thought it was LA Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns. Whatever it is, it is childish behavior by the Cajuns. I think a good name would be the Ragin Lunatics - nickname would be Loonies."

    "That is ignorant on so many levels. But to be expected from a resident of the 9th least educated city in the nation, per Forbes."

    "The law prevents it and any reasonable, rational person would understand that. You are the one who has no understanding of the issue and have apparently bought into ULLs irrational and illegal rhetoric."

    "BTW, it is the Cajun folks who need to quit their rants. They lobbied for and made an agreement with then NLU and the State of Louisiana to change their name to ULL."

    "It is illegal and unethical. You are absolutely incorrect.........."



    http://csnbbs.com/thread-802611.html

    So tell us: how is that lawsuit going for you little @ruston fellas? LOL


  13. #93
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    OK. Tech started 1-3, played in 90+ degree weather in September, played an FCS team that no one cared about, had a home weeknight game, and had 11 AM starts. Also, we didn't have one of our best teams ever. We were in a rebuilding year, and had to replace 7 players that are currently on NFL rosters. So, whatever difference there may have been in the obstacles were negligible.
    OK. We had a victory bell that you cannot hear, a F Trump video you wish you could unsee, a Tigue debacle extraordinaire, a swim coach AD that is no more, a coach that bench presses 400 lbs twice as many times as his IQ insult half the fan base, LSU's dual threat QB that only threatened bad programs, an NFL open space runner smashed into closed spaces, an offensive line that was a dashed line instead of a solid line, a DC that had to be DQ'd, and a radio clown attempt to tag the world's greatest fans as "faceless buffoons".

    That ain't "negligible"! We had a bad year! But we're looking to a brighter tomorrow... Alden-style!

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    OK. We had a victory bell that you cannot hear, a F Trump video you wish you could unsee, a Tigue debacle extraordinaire, a swim coach AD that is no more, a coach that bench presses 400 lbs twice as many times as his IQ insult half the fan base, LSU's dual threat QB that only threatened bad programs, an NFL open space runner smashed into closed spaces, an offensive line that was a dashed line instead of a solid line, a DC that had to be DQ'd, and a radio clown attempt to tag the world's greatest fans as "faceless buffoons".

    That ain't "negligible"! We had a bad year! But we're looking to a brighter tomorrow... Alden-style!
    But on the very bright side of things, we did finally get our admin to fight.....and win....to get our legal name recognized by our conference mates, including ULM.
    No doubt, stoodge, you've already seen this as you've been skanking around our site for months (despite your lies to the contrary), but here is just a little reminder of that fact:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #95
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,524
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But on the very bright side of things, we did finally get our admin to fight.....and win....to get our legal name recognized by our conference mates, including ULM.
    No doubt you've already seen this as you've been skanking around our site for months (despite your lies to the contrary), but here is just a little reminder of that fact:
    Who are you saying has been skanking around our site for months (despite lies to the contrary)? I have not lied about skanking around this site. I have openly skanked this site for many years!

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Who are you saying has been skanking around our site for months (despite lies to the contrary)? I have not lied about skanking around this site. I have openly skanked this site for many years!
    Lol...not you. Sorry if I didn't make it clear who I was referring to, and I've now corrected that.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    OK. Tech started 1-3, played in 90+ degree weather in September, played an FCS team that no one cared about, had a home weeknight game, and had 11 AM starts. Also, we didn't have one of our best teams ever. We were in a rebuilding year, and had to replace 7 players that are currently on NFL rosters. So, whatever difference there may have been in the obstacles were negligible.
    You sir are a liar. You did play one Thursday game. All of your home games in September were at 6pm. Way less heat than 11 am on sept 2nd. Your only 11am game was in bowling green Kentucky on dec 3rd.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,070

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    OK. We had a victory bell that you cannot hear, a F Trump video you wish you could unsee, a Tigue debacle extraordinaire, a swim coach AD that is no more, a coach that bench presses 400 lbs twice as many times as his IQ insult half the fan base, LSU's dual threat QB that only threatened bad programs, an NFL open space runner smashed into closed spaces, an offensive line that was a dashed line instead of a solid line, a DC that had to be DQ'd, and a radio clown attempt to tag the world's greatest fans as "faceless buffoons".

    That ain't "negligible"! We had a bad year! But we're looking to a brighter tomorrow... Alden-style!
    2016 sucked

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,701

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    LA tech has a real QB.
    sorry if said elsewhere, but was there ever any update on his dui case? also I read an interesting story about a miss st D-lineman, that was kind of odd, (and old, but not as old as OU Rb's case) yet didn't seem to have much coverage by the mainstream media.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    You sir are a liar. You did play one Thursday game. All of your home games in September were at 6pm. Way less heat than 11 am on sept 2nd. Your only 11am game was in bowling green Kentucky on dec 3rd.
    He is the ultimate liar. But he can't help it: his hate and jealousy of us demands it of him.
    In fact, he and a few of the other @ruston idiots were recently smacked down on the cusa board. When a USM fan started a thread about the bowl and lableded it with our legal/correct name of 'Louisiana' the 'turds started their usual b.s. A NON-ltur moderator and others starting questioning them why they had to start their infantile rants about how 'illegal' it was, derailing constant threads about it. They also could not answer the two basic questions posed to them:
    1. Provide proof that there is a law.....with specific language prohibiting the usage of 'Louisiana.'
    2. If it's so darn 'illegal,' why hasn't anyone ever sued to get us to stop?
    Of course it didn't stop the whiny little bi!!tches, lol.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •