Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 113

Thread: Armed Forces Bowl

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    I was hoping Navy would have beat the hell out of them.


  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,673

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I was hoping Navy would have beat the hell out of them.
    Refs took care of that.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    961

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    La Tech would have skull ____ed us this year. Cajuns stunk this yr


  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,673

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    Nope! Have a brother that went there though 😬
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    125

    Default

    👍🏻


  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,673

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    La Tech would have skull ____ed us this year. Cajuns stunk this yr
    No question. Navy would have passed for 500 yards against us. Army would have set passing records against us this year. And we didn't even hire a new DC.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    No question. Navy would have passed for 500 yards against us. Army would have set passing records against us this year. And we didn't even hire a new DC.
    But I think we could have stopped their run? Our run D was great. Their passing wasn't spectacular by any means...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,673

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    But I think we could have stopped their run? Our run D was great. Their passing wasn't spectacular by any means...
    Tech's run d wasn't very good.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Tech's run d wasn't very good.
    Exactly! I feel like we could have stopped navy's run and have a decent shot to stop the pass since it wasn't that great. With the way the second half of our season played out, we would have given navy a hell of a game...

  10. #30
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    5,933

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Can you imagine if Henderson had stuck with his commit and come here? We would have ruined him. Wood could have also helped. How's that Boomer? Was that what you were looking for?


  11. #31
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,455

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Can you imagine if Henderson had stuck with his commit and come here? We would have ruined him. Wood could have also helped. How's that Boomer? Was that what you were looking for?

    NOT ONLY THAT ---PERHAPS CAJUN T COULD AT LEAST HAVE GOTTEN HIS N'SIDE HOME BOY TO COME!!! LOL Is what it is---the Ws and Ls happened years back!!! And how many times have we discussed who signed and for WHATEVER REASONS, they didn't play at UL!!!


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,812

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Navy being #25 two weeks in a row, after losing to Army, is a ____ing joke! ____ LTUR!


  13. #33
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,528
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Hud hasn't had a team that could come close to beating Tech. It's very disappointing.


  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Hud hasn't had a team that could come close to beating Tech. It's very disappointing.
    And he never will!
    Time for new blood

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,772

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Well at least HUD had a very good center signee play in that game. Looks like he can recruit good linemen after all.


  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,812

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Any idea if/when we have another home & home with LTUR?


  17. #37
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,455

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Can you imagine if Henderson had stuck with his commit and come here? We would have ruined him. Wood could have also helped. How's that Boomer? Was that what you were looking for?
    ---please rephrase

    what was I looking for? would have ruined him? Wood's helping? No comprendo!!!


  18. #38
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,455

    Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Refs took care of that.

    LTUR had a big advantage that other schools didn't against Navy---that is that they had seen Navy's entire package from the year and had 3 weeks to learn and defend it---once you get the assignments down against this type of offense, it becomes much more easy to stop---3 weeks gives the mental repetition time to be learned on the defensive side!!!


  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

    LTUR had a big advantage that other schools didn't against Navy---that is that they had seen Navy's entire package from the year and had 3 weeks to learn and defend it---once you get the assignments down against this type of offense, it becomes much more easy to stop---3 weeks gives the mental repetition time to be learned on the defensive side!!!

    I would actually call playing them a disadvantage. Could you imagine not playing an option offense all year then only having 3 weeks to prepare?

    I do still think our run D could have really held them in check!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    I would actually call playing them a disadvantage. Could you imagine not playing an option offense all year then only having 3 weeks to prepare?

    I do still think our run D could have really held them in check!
    This years team holds up great to Navy. I think we beat them in a low scoring game.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •