Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I took Idaho and the points $$$$$$$
    How much we talking?!

And Idaho is getting kicked out of the Sunbelt lol

Default Re: The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Generally he has. The SBC is simply stronger this year in football than many want to admit. Basketball wise, at this stage the SBC is ranked 12 while CUSA is No. 24. Some may say perception is different. Of course it is. However when someone downgrades the league, simply quote the facts. No one can argue those. That does not mean we should not try to get to CUSA. Playing USM, La Tech, and Rice on a regular basis in all sports would draw much more interest than our current schedule.
    The problem with perception is who is driving the narrative telling us what the perception is. We saw how well perception did in the pre-election coverage.

Default Re: Idaho vs. Colorado St.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Stuff happens. I'm rolling the dice on 2 coming up.

At least they didn't hang 60 on us..lol.

They should stop the game after that CSU player blew his knee due to the ice.
    Yikes, that sucks. I wasnt watching very closely

Idaho is moving to the FCS

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    The problem with perception is who is driving the narrative telling us what the perception is. We saw how well perception did in the pre-election coverage.
    ---Are you talking about Briton or Higgins??? lol So you just relate to the recruits that you play a harder schedule and go to Bowl games more often!!! Without playing the 6-7 easiest games in the country, Tech and S Miss might not have made a Bowl---Aheee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Yikes, that sucks. I wasnt watching very closely
    It was the CSU receiver in the end zone, the play was over thrown pass, all he was trying to do was slow down and his left knee gave out. Nobody even near him. They carried him out the end zone straight to the locker room, no pressure on leg.

Idaho had one in the final minutes, simple play. But hey, the Bristol show must go on.

I fully appreciate McCaffery and Fournette not playing in their bowl games when this kind of stuff happens. If you're not playing for the championship, why risk the big payday.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Are you talking about Briton or Higgins??? lol So you just relate to the recruits that you play a harder schedule and go to Bowl games more often!!! Without playing the 6-7 easiest games in the country, Tech and S Miss might not have made a Bowl---Aheee!!!
    Dude you can say the same about us every year! If we didn't play in the sunbelt with some easy games, we might have not made a bowl either! Our OOC record is a joke boomer. Tech and s miss has been much better than ours over the past 5 years. Do you think about things before you say them at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    How much we talking?!
    Second leg of a 5 game parlay..

(took Wyo and the 10 points also)

Second leg of a 5 game parlay..
    Hope you win out $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Idaho vs. Colorado St.

34-7 Idaho
    8:13 3rd
    Congratulations Idaho, great turnaround. Let's see 3 Sunbelt wins. , 1 loss, thanks Cajun coaching staff for your preparation on our bowl loss

Are you talking about Tech who skull drug us the last two times we played them, and Southern Miss who just beat us in a bowl?

Yeah, I don't think too many recruits are gonna buy what you propose selling.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more absurdly tone deaf, you hammer out a gem like this..

Merry Christmas ya crazy ole loon.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Let's see 3 Sunbelt wins. , 1 loss, thanks Cajun coaching staff for your preparation on our bowl loss

To paraphrase our band at the basketball games, "WE LET THE WHOLE CONFERENCE DOWN!!!"

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more absurdly tone deaf, you hammer out a gem like this..

Merry Christmas ya crazy ole loon.
    To be fair, I'm not sure if Boomer ACTUALLY believes this, I think he is just saying this is something we could sell to recruits.....if he was a recruiter he would do anything he can to sell the Sunbelt and devalue CUSA, which is not a bad strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    To be fair, I'm not sure if Boomer ACTUALLY believes this, I think he is just saying this is something we could sell to recruits.....if he was a recruiter he would do anything he can to sell the Sunbelt and devalue CUSA, which is not a bad strategy.
    I'm positive every conference already does this though...boomer would be a good (but crazy) one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    I'm positive every conference already does this though...boomer would be a good (but crazy) one.
    How would that work again?

Boomer: "Come here, because Southern Miss and La Tech only went to a bowl game because their conference is weak"

Player with any brain: "Coach, didn't Southern Miss JUST beat ya'll in a bowl, and didn't La Tech whip ya'll like you stole something two years in a row, including in one of your vaunted 9 win seasons?"

Boomer: "But mah Massey!!!!"

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    How would that work again?

Boomer: "Come here, because Southern Miss and La Tech only went to a bowl game because their conference is weak"

Player with any brain: "Coach, didn't Southern Miss JUST beat ya'll in a bowl, and didn't La Tech whip ya'll like you stole something two years in a row, including in one of your vaunted 9 win seasons?"

Boomer: "But mah Massey!!!!"

-OK this is killing me with my A D D and cold but---Ltur was 8-4

their wins included BOTTOM 10 teams in the country UTEP, Mass, Fla-I, and Rice (also S Car State which is not even a ranked division school---8 minus 5 = 3 wins

--and now S Miss whose wins included not in div Sav.St, UTEP, Rice, and Marshall---6-4 = 2 wins

You forget that 3 years ago we finished well ahead of Tech---these recruits well forgot when Tech last beat us and I AM NOT SAYING that they have ranked higher

---but just don't leave out how they got to their Bowl eligibility and the absolute showing that they (CUSA) are by far the worst conference in this country

-again we are closer to the MAC then CUSA is to the Belt!!!

Some game changing bad calls and maybe the Belt is 4-0 in Bowls!!! So these guys are facts---BE HAPPY that we are better than THEY as a conference!!!!

-OK this is killing me with my A D D and cold but---Ltur was 8-4

their wins included BOTTOM 10 teams in the country UTEP, Mass, Fla-I, and Rice (also S Car State which is not even a ranked division school---8 minus 5 = 3 wins

--and now S Miss whose wins included not in div Sav.St, UTEP, Rice, and Marshall---6-4 = 2 wins

You forget that 3 years ago we finished well ahead of Tech---these recruits well forgot when Tech last beat us and I AM NOT SAYING that they have ranked higher

---but just don't leave out how they got to their Bowl eligibility and the absolute showing that they (CUSA) are by far the worst conference in this country

-again we are closer to the MAC then CUSA is to the Belt!!!

Some game changing bad calls and maybe the Belt is 4-0 in Bowls!!! So these guys are facts---BE HAPPY that we are better than THEY as a conference!!!!

So you don't think the latech coaches point out what they did to us? The recruits just forgot?

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Keep it up Boomer. You are correct here. The SBC is a better football league and has been for the entire year.

Better basketball, better baseball, better football, better Bowl games, better ingredients...Papa SBC.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast