Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84

Thread: Baseball polls

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,425

    Default Baseball polls


  2. #2
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,136

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Thought Coastal national championship would bolster recruiting. Guess it'll be the fall and spring that get help. SLC has more ranked and receiving votes than SBC.


  3. #3
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,062

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Thought Coastal national championship would bolster recruiting. Guess it'll be the fall and spring that get help. SLC has more ranked and receiving votes than SBC.
    Not sure what you mean. Coastal won the NC last season, so the first signing class post-NC won't get to campus until 2018. It won't affect them in the short term for recruiting unless it's transfers

    Also, the SBC has two ranked at 14 and 19. The SLC has two as well but lower (23 and 36). For receiving votes, the SBC has 5 compared to only 2 for the SLC.

  4. #4
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,136

    UL Baseball Re: Baseball polls

    Agreed and stated as much with your first statement. Must have overlooked some SBC teams. Good.


  5. #5

    UL Baseball Advertiser Cajuns ranked No. 14 in preseason poll

    Coming off of a school record-tying fourth straight trip to the NCAA tournament,_the team welcomes back its entire weekend rotation, preseason All-American closer Dylan Moore and 10 players with starting experience from last year.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Sam Houston series and the three against southeastern will be good for the rpi.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,682

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Don't forget 3 games vs USM who is currently ranked #44 in this poll.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    5,282
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Ranked 14 is just about right with a few moving parts and needing time to gel.. But I expect we will be in top 10 after 20 games.. Soooo looking forward to baseball season


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette LA
    Posts
    8,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Ranked 14 is just about right with a few moving parts and needing time to gel.. But I expect we will be in top 10 after 20 games.. Soooo looking forward to baseball season
    D1Baseball has been hinting that we'll be very close to the top in preseason, if not #1. I bet we're in the top 8, at least.

    More than once, they've said they expect us to be in Eauxmaha, including a "don't be surprised if they're this year's Coastal Carolina."

  10. #10

    UL Baseball Collegiate Baseball Ranks Cajuns Pre-Season #14

    The first of the pre-season college baseball polls is out and Louisiana is in that number.

    The Ragin' Cajuns, who hosted an NCAA Regional last season are ranked 14th by Collegiate Baseball.



  11. #11

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    All we do is win win win. No matter what.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,619

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    I absolutely hate preseason hype. That said, I can't wait for baseball..


  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,979

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I absolutely hate preseason hype. That said, I can't wait for baseball..
    I'm right there with you. Sometimes the hype can be too much. But with this team and the experience we have... I'm not so much worried about it. I think these guys know what they expect out of themselves and will be able to handle the pressure.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I'm right there with you. Sometimes the hype can be too much. But with this team and the experience we have... I'm not so much worried about it. I think these guys know what they expect out of themselves and will be able to handle the pressure.
    I don't doubt this team. I just won't say anything of substance out loud. Especially that O word you guys throw around here so much.

    Still a baseball man at heart. It's ridiculous, but years of guilt can't allow me to not believe in jinxes.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    337
    Posts
    4,316

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Just got the Pain Train tuned up. She's ready to rock.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,722

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't doubt this team. I just won't say anything of substance out loud. Especially that O word you guys throw around here so much.

    Still a baseball man at heart. It's ridiculous, but years of guilt can't allow me to not believe in jinxes.
    Its too much of a mental game....I'll let you know what type of team I think we are gonna have sometime in late May!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Just got the Pain Train tuned up. She's ready to rock.

    This! We should never EVER deviate from the pain train!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This! We should never EVER deviate from the pain train!
    We should sound a train horn when we hit bombs or 3 run innings

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    We should sound a train horn when we hit bombs or 3 run innings
    Dude...this I like! Hell, put the gif up on the Jumbotron!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    VA Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,940

    Default Re: Baseball polls

    I remember many have said previously that preseason polls seem to use the prior year as a starting point in order to justify teams dropping off afterwards. is this baseball poll different in that some of the top teams from last year seem to have started off low again? or was that guideline just for basketball and football?


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •