Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Baseball polls

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    But by babysitter's way of doing things we must wait until all 56 games are played before we can be excited about having a talented team and generally pumped for the upcoming season. I don't think anyone believes there are any guarantees, but on paper this is going to be one of our more talented teams ever. Let the fans enjoy it. To pretend this team has no promise is retarded (not saying that's your opinion MAT). To imply this team doesn't have the pitching and defense to compete is nonsensical. Ppl have been discussing offensive expectations because the pitching and defense is going to be the same (probably better), but what was missing last year was consistent bats. So fans are excited that that specific area will be improved this year.

Yes, this team has proven nothing, but pardon me while I enjoy some of the hype without being told that I have to wait 56 games in before I enjoy 2017 Cajuns baseball.
    I hear you. And you are right, it's ridiculous not to allow yourself to get pumped up about this squad. I'm fighting my own inner urge to get extremely confident about them, honestly. On paper, we have all of the tools. Really, we have a surplus of tools. Fans should be giddy.

Default Re: Baseball polls

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I hear you. And you are right, it's ridiculous not to allow yourself to get pumped up about this squad. I'm fighting my own inner urge to get extremely confident about them, honestly. On paper, we have all of the tools. Really, we have a surplus of tools. Fans should be giddy.
    Let the giddiness wash over you my friend!

via GIPHY

Personally I like showing up to the ballpark knowing I have good entertainment for the next three to four hours......

End of story......

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Personally I like showing up to the ballpark knowing I have good entertainment for the next three to four hours......

End of story......
    The older I get the more I appreciate this

Humans like to watch live athletic competition, in general, and baseball, in particular for the unexpected. Humans are usually correct to expect the unexpected, by baseball, in particular.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5