Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 179

Thread: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The FG percentage is misleading (which is why I gave an A+ in transition). In the half court set, we are still finding ourselves. We have a tendency to over pass at times, which makes for several clumsy possessions. We were sloppy at times. Careless turnovers.

    By no means am I complaining. This is part of young team growing pains. I'm thrilled that we can play so/so and win games big (hit our average again last night of 90 ppg).
    We have way less bad possessions than is years past.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    We have way less bad possessions than is years past.
    No doubt about it.

    I'm judging this team by what they've been able to do in prior games and what I think they are capable of. Remember, Frank had been off for the last 3 games (but still plays his ___ off, which I love) and Stove is still not 100%. K Evans is just now getting some PT, so we'll see.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    I am happy that it is not even Christmas, and we can say with absolute certainty, that we were all wrong with our predictions that this team would not even win 10 games this year. That 90-91 that we last did that was A LOT of fun. I think that's the year WE ran Paul Westhead, Bo Kimble and company off the court.


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,089

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    I thought we would play Bartley at the 1 more and allow Jay to play the 2, which I think is his strength. The nice thing about Jay is that he can create his own shots.
    I would like to see Jay and and PJ on the floor more, especially playing aggressive defense. It was nice to see Evans on the floor. All around a nice game.


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    [QUOTE=jumboragncajun;969421]I am happy that it is not even Christmas, and we can say with absolute certainty, that we were all wrong with our predictions that this team would not even win 10 games this year.


    I'm in this group.......thought we'd be terrible this year but knew next year would be special. I like being wrong in this instance.


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    So, what has changed in Marlin's recruiting technique? He seems to have found several good basketball players instead of trying to win with one great one and limited supporting cast. Can he give some pointers to Hud?


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    [QUOTE=scotto_25;969435]

    Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    I am happy that it is not even Christmas, and we can say with absolute certainty, that we were all wrong with our predictions that this team would not even win 10 games this year.


    I'm in this group.......thought we'd be terrible this year but knew next year would be special. I like being wrong in this instance.
    I'll gladly eat crow and certainly glad I was wrong but heading into this year it's not exactly like Marlin did anything in the previous 6 years to prove he could bring guys in like this and coach them up.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    So, what has changed in Marlin's recruiting technique? He seems to have found several good basketball players instead of trying to win with one great one and limited supporting cast. Can he give some pointers to Hud?
    Fear of losing his fan support and job?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Jerekius Davis looked good as well. 13 points in 13 minutes.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,682

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Mind you, Kadavion Evans has not really played yet and he might be the best of the youngsters, if he could stay healthy.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Mind you, Kadavion Evans has not really played yet and he might be the best of the youngsters, if he could stay healthy.
    He had 2 AMAZING passes last night. One aucoin couldnt finish though

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,738

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    So, what has changed in Marlin's recruiting technique? He seems to have found several good basketball players instead of trying to win with one great one and limited supporting cast. Can he give some pointers to Hud?
    Let's revisit this in late February. Pepperdine was suppose to be a good test, but were without 2 starters. But at the same time, take away a cold shooting from outside night, this team beats Georgia in Athens.

    We're deep enough talent wise to survive injuries like Pepperdine. At the same time, there is only one basketball and five spots on the floor. Up to the staff to hold this together another two months.

    ULAR and UTA are our future bell weathers.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,431

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    And, stAte.


  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,682

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Mind you, Kadavion Evans has not really played yet and he might be the best of the youngsters, if he could stay healthy.
    He did. As he gets more and more healthy and more playing time, he is going to help this team down the stretch. I like the way Marlin is working him in slowly to get his feet under him.

  15. #75
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,741

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He did. As he gets more and more healthy and more playing time, he is going to help this team down the stretch. I like the way Marlin is working him in slowly to get his feet under him.
    Don't know if it was working him in slowly or that he was finally cleared to fully participate.

  16. #76
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,734

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Don't know if it was working him in slowly or that he was finally cleared to fully participate.
    ---One of the big guys ---Plaisance or the the princess needs to step up and give us 2-5 minutes off the bench and particularly if we get in to some foul trouble---they have shown some glimpses at times but they have to kick it up!!!

  17. #77
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,734

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---One of the big guys ---Plaisance or the the princess needs to step up and give us 2-5 minutes off the bench and particularly if we get in to some foul trouble---they have shown some glimpses at times but they have to kick it up!!!
    ---What we be our starting freshmen team

    lost my program!!!


  18. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Let's revisit this in late February. Pepperdine was suppose to be a good test, but were without 2 starters. But at the same time, take away a cold shooting from outside night, this team beats Georgia in Athens.

    We're deep enough talent wise to survive injuries like Pepperdine. At the same time, there is only one basketball and five spots on the floor. Up to the staff to hold this together another two months.

    ULAR and UTA are our future bell weathers.
    You are right, no reason to base too much on the season as a whole at this point. We shall see.

  19. #79
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,741

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---What we be our starting freshmen team

    lost my program!!!

    Translation?

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: Louisiana vs Pepperdine

    If you notice, he was replying to his own post. Since he was apparently talking to himself, I guess he knew WTH he was talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Translation?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •