Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: MBB: Louisiana at UNO

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at UNO

Were the refs that bad? They seemed like some of the worst I've ever seen in person.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Were the refs that bad? They seemed like some of the worst I've ever seen in person.
    The were so bad that the announcers (who were pro-uno) were completely confused many times and it did go both ways. These refs shouldn't be allowed near any athletic event regardless of level

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    The were so bad that the announcers (who were pro-uno) were completely confused many times and it did go both ways. These refs shouldn't be allowed near any athletic event regardless of level
    Coach Marlin said in post game that he has never seen that crew in 20 years of coaching in the SLC and SBC. One of them admitted they were having a tough day. Cali was right in that a rivalry game made it intense and tough to call. I admit that cajuns did not play well today. Too many mised free throws , turnovers, could not finish near basket at tes and three ball was not falling. How did they win? Simply effort and hustle. UNO fought hard too and I expect they may do better than expected when SLC play starts. They are a physical team and i think they are well coached. Hopefully they renew the series. We had to get the education boards involved to get them to agree to play. Their coach was afraid losing to us would hurt their recruiting. Short sighted in my view.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    .....went into 4 o'clock mass and knew we would loose as we seemed pretty far behind if I read right....great win and now to da dome for the fb game ...oh Coach BAb et al were across the aisle,,,Mandinas had a great Cajun crowd for lunch.....maybe I could get the social news gig with the D A......Geaux Cajuns,,,,,,,ah Louisiana that tv shot looked great,,,,,,first time I see LA and Louisiana!!!

UNO's coach was on the floor more than Tim Floyd.....
    But In his case it was drying wet spots on the floor

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I thought so too.. even the and1 they gave Bartley was a bad call imo

Thought the bad calls went both ways also. Nice to win when things aren't clicking on all cylinders.

Nm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Their coach was afraid losing to us would hurt their recruiting. Short sighted in my view.
    I never understood this as far as "won't schedule you" is concerned.

Seems to me, it would be easier to recruit to "need help" than to "we can win without you."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5