Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129

Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,048

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    That's racist
    Oh F. No offense intended! Get to your safe place MAT

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Oh F. No offense intended! Get to your safe place MAT
    Please send puppies and crayons..

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,511

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Juice boxes and orange slices for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Last edited by ZoomZoom; December 15th, 2016 at 01:05 pm. Reason: Matches her hair...

  4. #104
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Juice boxes and orange slices for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---If Miller's 3s are the real deal he brings a 4 or 5 out to guard him---Strove, Bartley, Hardy, Brown and even Wright can rebound even with their size

    Bryce can gets some feeds and position for some O Boards underneath!!!


  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Juice boxes and orange slices for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aw man, we had orange slices last week!

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,511

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    I was like my old self after the loss last night (20 years back). Wife threatened to take the remote from me and watch a Lifetime movie if I didn't chill.

    Felt great to be passionate about basketball again. I calmed down and she offered me a Capri Sun...

    Last edited by ZoomZoom; December 15th, 2016 at 03:14 pm. Reason: SHe would have never got it, but age teaches us when to give in

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I was like my old self after the loss last night (20 years back). Wife threatened to take the remote from me and watch a Lifetime movie if I didn't chill.

    Felt great to be passionate about basketball again. I calmed down and she offered me a Capri Sun...
    My wife left the house after the first five minutes of the game.

  8. #108
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,178

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Completely agree. This was an even game outside of the first few minutes when we couldn't throw it in the ocean. A neutral court and neutral officials would have helped too.

    I think our lack of size in the front court was the difference, something that has concerned me since the preseason. We will struggle with teams that have good bigs.

    I loved the effort the team showed in getting back in the game, cutting the lead to 2, but you could see that the energy had been pretty much used up to get to that point and Georgia immediately went on a 7-0 run and that was that.
    Our starting bigs had 25 points and 22 rebounds. Their bigs had 27 points and 28 rebounds. Our bigs didn't lose it for us. Our guards did. Bartley crashed the boards [11] but aside from those three guys, the rest of the team got 5 rebounds. That and continuing to force to the rim instead of taking 8' jump shots or kicking the ball out is what killed us.

  9. #109
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,602

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Our starting bigs had 25 points and 22 rebounds. Their bigs had 27 points and 28 rebounds. Our bigs didn't lose it for us. Our guards did. Bartley crashed the boards [11] but aside from those three guys, the rest of the team got 5 rebounds. That and continuing to force to the rim instead of taking 8' jump shots or kicking the ball out is what killed us.
    ---VOB--when Skye went to Loyola , I told her if she drove and had a big with her or got a rebound with a Big in front---kick the damn thing outside---best she could get was a foul that probably would never be called with the height differential and there were many bad things that could happen---so many times she kicked it out to our great outside shooter for 3 who had excellent looks!! As I watched last night, I could almost tell the driving results or rebounds in a crowd!!! Also intimidation causes the easiest shots to be misses!!!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,531

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Our starting bigs had 25 points and 22 rebounds. Their bigs had 27 points and 28 rebounds. Our bigs didn't lose it for us. Our guards did. Bartley crashed the boards [11] but aside from those three guys, the rest of the team got 5 rebounds. That and continuing to force to the rim instead of taking 8' jump shots or kicking the ball out is what killed us.
    Yes the stats for the bigs of both teams were similar. The difference was their guys blocking shots and altering others on the inside. I should have been more clear in my first statement. Our guys rebounded well against them, but we don't have anything close to the shot blocking, inside intimidation factor that their bigs had.

    That said, I like this team and their chances to have a really good year. We won't be playing P5 front courts much.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,103

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Exactly Georgia was better, not simply because they were bigger and more athletic, they were just better..as we saw against tech...bigger and more athletic doesn't make you better. Our freshman kept it from being a blowout, very encouraging.
    For you to suggest that I was stating that they were better because they were bigger and more athletic shows you don't pay attention very well. I never mentioned that, however, I did suggest much earlier that we were going to struggle with bigger more athletic teams due to our lack of front court depth and size. Open your eyes.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,103

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Stalcup is NOT a quality D1 player.....nope, no way.

    I've sat down and watched him exclusively to see what our staff might've saw in him. When he signed two years ago, they said he'd make an immediate impact on the boards and defensively. He looks lost out there. He almost reminds me of Bambi, not really agile on his feet, tends to overthink, which ultimately puts him out of position. He has a C+ baby hook, but his overall offensive game is an F. Sorry but we whiffed on this one.
    They saw 6"11. We are void of really any size and this guy probably did well wherever he was and you can't teach that size that is tough to get for a school on our level. I think he can contribute. He won't be a cornerstone of our success but I think he can contribute with rebounding and defense. Sometimes it just takes getting a guy some time where he can develop some confidence. That can make all the difference you need to get a guy going.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,103

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Yes the stats for the bigs of both teams were similar. The difference was their guys blocking shots and altering others on the inside. I should have been more clear in my first statement. Our guys rebounded well against them, but we don't have anything close to the shot blocking, inside intimidation factor that their bigs had.

    That said, I like this team and their chances to have a really good year. We won't be playing P5 front courts much.
    And giving up 13 offensive rebounds to create easy scoring opportunities to a team that wasn't shooting really any better than we were.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    What we lack is "above the rim" players. That was the difference Wednesday night, not our woeful shooting or erratic guard-play. We made a comeback and got w/in 2 points but we just couldn't keep them off the boards and they made us attempt Globetrotter-type shots to avoid blocks instead of creating body contact and going to the line.


  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    They saw 6"11. We are void of really any size and this guy probably did well wherever he was and you can't teach that size that is tough to get for a school on our level. I think he can contribute. He won't be a cornerstone of our success but I think he can contribute with rebounding and defense. Sometimes it just takes getting a guy some time where he can develop some confidence. That can make all the difference you need to get a guy going.


    The days of "needing" a 6'11" center are just about gone....Find an athletic 6'7" and you've done better than an offense lacking, timid lurch.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Also....observation only (not being mean)

    Stalcup isn't much taller than Washington. He just has a sizable head that gives him about 4 more inches....am I wrong or did anyone not notice?


  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,103

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    The days of "needing" a 6'11" center are just about gone....Find an athletic 6'7" and you've done better than an offense lacking, timid lurch.
    We don't "Need" a 6"11 guy. However, getting one who can make a difference is lagniappe and always can give you an advantage over your opponent. I'm not quite as concerned about size as Hark Mudspeth thinks but rather, the energy the players bring. My concern from the beginning was yes a lack of height but mainly what you said about being below the rim players in the front court. If I'm given a wish list of front court guys, I'd think of someone like a Draymond Green type player who doesn't have to be the biggest guy but plays with a lot of energy and hits the offensive boards just as hard as he does on the defensive end. Guys who crash the boards and play with energy are the difference makers. Bryce Johnson has gotten better and is more athletic now than when he got here and I suspect Miller will follow suit.

  18. #118
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,178

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And giving up 13 offensive rebounds to create easy scoring opportunities to a team that wasn't shooting really any better than we were.
    Georgia also gave up 13 offensive rebounds to our short, inadequate players. Well 10 to our players and 3 'team', but still 13 offensive rebounds.

    You need to find a different tree to bark up; especially since one of our unathletic, overmatched frontcourt guys leads the nation in double doubles; including an 18 rebound performance against Georgia [7 offensive, 2 more than any Georgia player].

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,752

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Georgia also gave up 13 offensive rebounds to our short, inadequate bigs. Well 10 to our bigs and 3 'team', but still 13 offensive rebounds.

    You need to find a different tree to bark up; especially since one of our unathletic, overmatched frontcourt guys leads the nation in double doubles; including an 18 rebound performance against Georgia.


    Come March, this team should be just about hitting 88 mph....





  20. #120
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,178

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Come March, this team should be just about hitting 88 mph....




    We need Kadavian Evans to be healthy, and we need Justin Miller, Roydell Brown, P. J. Hardy and Jerekius Davis to continue to develop.

    It appears that we cannot count on consistent production from Wright and Stove, let alone Plaisance and Stalcup; the freshmen will have to take up the slack.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •