Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    7,885

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Georgia also gave up 13 offensive rebounds to our short, inadequate players. Well 10 to our players and 3 'team', but still 13 offensive rebounds.

    You need to find a different tree to bark up; especially since one of our unathletic, overmatched frontcourt guys leads the nation in double doubles; including an 18 rebound performance against Georgia [7 offensive, 2 more than any Georgia player].
    Again, you guys see what you want. I never said unathletic or inadequate. Please, if you want to argue at least know for what you are arguing about. The point was that while neither team was shooting well, we gave them too many opportunities on the offensive glass to make up for the lack of shooting at least in the first half. I'd like to know what the difference was in Second Chance points was. I didn't see it on the boxscore but I bet there was a huge difference.

    BTW, after watching that game, would you not say they had the advantage on the inside? If not, please explain. They defended the paint very well and scored down low when they needed buckets.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    7,885

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We need Kadavian Evans to be healthy, and we need Justin Miller, Roydell Brown, P. J. Hardy and Jerekius Davis to continue to develop.

    It appears that we cannot count on consistent production from Wright and Stove, let alone Plaisance and Stalcup; the freshmen will have to take up the slack.
    From Wright? He along with Bartley and Washington have been the most consistent guys this year.....

    You are right about the freshmen though. They need to continue developing. Stove is starting to play better than early on and I'm sure he'll be fine once conference play starts.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    I would not be surprised to see S.Miss' QB and RB somewhere in the pros. They were probably the best QB and RB we faced all year.

    The QB and a real nice arm, had zip on the ball and #25 could change direction so quickly we had trouble getting a finger on him much less tackle him.

    They were better than us at almost every position, we did good to keep it close. The refs helped with several 15 yard personal fouls against them right when we needed them.

    I don't think HUD was outcoached in this game. I think S Miss' bad coaching kept us in the game. They had plenty of chances to step on our neck but they let us hang around. Throwing that long pass that got intercepted was just a bad idea at that point in the game.

    The fact that the ref called them Mississippi State was hilarious. Some guy sitting by us called them Mississippi St the rest of the night.

    Hate that there was a shooting on Bourbon Street right when we arrived there after the game. It was one block from my hotel. People just kept right on with the party though, its NO.

    The fact that AJ started for LSU tells me that good QBs are hard to find. You can't blame the coaches when the WR is wide open and he misses him by a mile. AJ did hit the bomb right on target one time and the WR missed it, went right through his hands.

    It's Cajun football, you win some and lose a lot. I'll be back next year. I love it. GEAUX CAJUNS


  4. #124
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,479

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I would not be surprised to see S.Miss' QB and RB somewhere in the pros. They were probably the best QB and RB we faced all year.

    The QB and a real nice arm, had zip on the ball and #25 could change direction so quickly we had trouble getting a finger on him much less tackle him.

    They were better than us at almost every position, we did good to keep it close. The refs helped with several 15 yard personal fouls against them right when we needed them.

    I don't think HUD was outcoached in this game. I think S Miss' bad coaching kept us in the game. They had plenty of chances to step on our neck but they let us hang around. Throwing that long pass that got intercepted was just a bad idea at that point in the game.

    The fact that the ref called them Mississippi State was hilarious. Some guy sitting by us called them Mississippi St the rest of the night.

    Hate that there was a shooting on Bourbon Street right when we arrived there after the game. It was one block from my hotel. People just kept right on with the party though, its NO.

    The fact that AJ started for LSU tells me that good QBs are hard to find. You can't blame the coaches when the WR is wide open and he misses him by a mile. AJ did hit the bomb right on target one time and the WR missed it, went right through his hands.

    It's Cajun football, you win some and lose a lot. I'll be back next year. I love it. GEAUX CAJUNS
    Actually that long dropped ball wasn't thrown by AJ.

  5. #125
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,127

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    From Wright? He along with Bartley and Washington have been the most consistent guys this year.....

    You are right about the freshmen though. They need to continue developing. Stove is starting to play better than early on and I'm sure he'll be fine once conference play starts.
    Wright is erratic. When he is on, he is really good; but you never know which one will show up. Stove is ok, but not as much upside as any of the freshmen who play.

    My assessment on those two is probably colored by the Georgia game, when both failed to adjust to what Georgia was doing defensively, and kept attacking the rim instead of starting a drive and pulling up for a mid range jump shot.

    In answer to an earlier question you had: Second chance Points: Georgia 18, Louisiana 15. Better, but hardly dominance.

    The question you didn't ask: Points in the paint: Georgia 30, Louisiana 18. This is partly because Georgia's entire game plan was to stop us from attacking the rim with our guards, and we did nothing to alter their plan, but I will concede that on the surface it is pretty dominant.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Wright is erratic. When he is on, he is really good; but you never know which one will show up. Stove is ok, but not as much upside as any of the freshmen who play.

    My assessment on those two is probably colored by the Georgia game, when both failed to adjust to what Georgia was doing defensively, and kept attacking the rim instead of starting a drive and pulling up for a mid range jump shot.
    While Jay was excellent down the stretch with his shot making, I thought he reverted back to 2015 Jay Wright with his decision making. He started dribbling too much and not keeping his eyes up. Against a better team, that will kill us. We need someone to spell him because he was obviously tired. I give him a ton of credit for battling through all of that.

    Still, how does Bryce not touch the ball once down the stretch?? Very frustrating.

  7. #127
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,479

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    While Jay was excellent down the stretch with his shot making, I thought he reverted back to 2015 Jay Wright with his decision making. He started dribbling too much and not keeping his eyes up. Against a better team, that will kill us. We need someone to spell him because he was obviously tired. I give him a ton of credit for battling through all of that.

    Still, how does Bryce not touch the ball once down the stretch?? Very frustrating.
    I thought after getting UNO is some inside foul troubles in the first half we didn't do a great job attacking the middle to start the second half. We did go instead again later in the half and wound up fouling out a couple of guys.

  8. #128
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,127

    Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia game thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    While Jay was excellent down the stretch with his shot making, I thought he reverted back to 2015 Jay Wright with his decision making. He started dribbling too much and not keeping his eyes up. Against a better team, that will kill us. We need someone to spell him because he was obviously tired. I give him a ton of credit for battling through all of that.

    Still, how does Bryce not touch the ball once down the stretch?? Very frustrating.
    I seriously think Bryce's legs were gone by late in the game. Both Georgia and UNO made him work really hard for everything he got. Georgia, in particular, had their two bigs hammering on him with their bodies all game long. I don't think he had fully recovered from that beating by Saturday.

    He needs to rest up for the Arkansas swing; hopefully the Pepperdine game will not be as intense and physical as the last two.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I seriously think Bryce's legs were gone by late in the game. Both Georgia and UNO made him work really hard for everything he got. Georgia, in particular, had their two bigs hammering on him with their bodies all game long. I don't think he had fully recovered from that beating by Saturday.

    He needs to rest up for the Arkansas swing; hopefully the Pepperdine game will not be as intense and physical as the last two.
    I was just hoping he didn't hurt himself on that fall.. looked bad..

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •