Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KATC.com still doesn't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    You hire Ian Auzenne as your executive producer.
    So Ian is unqualified for that position because of his political leanings?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So Ian is unqualified for that position because of his political leanings?
    I don't think so, but is his coverage more activism or fair analysis? Simply repeating talking points? Jeremy Alford is certainly knowledgeable and qualified at his job, but he is an activist and a DNC seragate?

Default Re: KATC.com still doesn't get it

Ian certainly has supervision over the newscasts, but story selection, stacking, and writing are the individual show producers' responsibility. Ian provides help and guidance when needed. And he works with the reporters to craft and focus their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't think so, but is his coverage more activism or fair analysis? Simply repeating talking points? Jeremy Alford is certainly knowledgeable and qualified at his job, but he is an activist and a DNC seragate?
    Is Ian a DNC activist? I have seen his name or face with such, at least not when I was living in Acadiana.

Jeremy Alford is an awesome journalist/reporter, and probably the only one in Louisiana where you honestly can't tell which way he leans politically. Those types are extremely rare.

My issue with Ian is his obsession with "professional" wrestling. I mean, come on, dude! It's fake ____!

Then again, I guess that's what Washington DC is too, so...maybe he's not too off the wall.

Blog Entries

Is Ian a DNC activist? I have seen his name or face with such, at least not when I was living in Acadiana.

Jeremy Alford is an awesome journalist/reporter, and probably the only one in Louisiana where you honestly can't tell which way he leans politically. Those types are extremely rare.
    Jeremy Alford is a Democrat and a progressive. I've read a number of his pieces and if you can't tell his leanings you probably believe Van Jones is a moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Jeremy Alford is a Democrat and a progressive. I've read a number of his pieces and if you can't tell his leanings you probably believe Van Jones is a moderate.
    Yeah...I believe Van Jones is a moderate. Sure.

While everyone else in the media was portraying the oil & gas legacy lawsuits in an anti-oil company light, Alfred produced numerous articles showing both sides of that debate. Any true activist Democrat in the media would have made sure to promote the bucket brigade side with 90 percent of the favorable coverage. He didn't do that.

He is by far the best journalist in the state when it comes to informing people what is going on in Baton Rouge.

Blog Entries

Yeah...I believe Van Jones is a moderate. Sure.

While everyone else in the media was portraying the oil & gas legacy lawsuits in an anti-oil company light, Alfred produced numerous articles showing both sides of that debate. Any true activist Democrat in the media would have made sure to promote the bucket brigade side with 90 percent of the favorable coverage. He didn't do that.

He is by far the best journalist in the state when it comes to informing people what is going on in Baton Rouge.
    Look it doesn't mean he is not intelligent and doesn't get it right on occasion, but Jeremy Alfred is an admitted progressive, cant wait to read his pieces on the supreme court justice's and then we can revist your post on how you believe he is fair and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ready, Shoot, Aim.....and no, the Advocate is owned by a person who lives in BR. KATC is owned by a company headquartered in Charleston, SC and KLFY is owned by Media General of Richmond Va.
    The advocate is now owned by New Orleans businessman John Georges

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    How does one get liberal-flavored?
    If you have to ask... you're soaked in it.

You know, some people say it's important to read articles and opinions from people with a different perspective than yours. And they also say the fact that so many people are only seeking out news sources that confirm their biases is what is leading to the extreme polarization we see today. Sounds crazy right?

Yeah, better be safe and stick to Fox News and Brietbart. You don't want all those liberal local news stations to say something you disagree with.

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    You know, some people say it's important to read articles and opinions from people with a different perspective than yours. And they also say the fact that so many people are only seeking out news sources that confirm their biases is what is leading to the extreme polarization we see today. Sounds crazy right?

Yeah, better be safe and stick to Fox News and Brietbart. You don't want all those liberal local news stations to say something you disagree with.
    I want a news station to give me news, not opinion disguised as news. When any outlet gives only one side of an issue, they are giving opinion, not news.

There is only one side to a fact. Ideally news outlets should only report facts (outside of their opinion pages.)

If you really think KATC has some liberal bias I don't even know what to say to you. The realities we see are so far apart it's probably not even worth discussing.

There is only one side to a fact. Ideally news outlets should only report facts (outside of their opinion pages.)

If you really think KATC has some liberal bias I don't even know what to say to you. The realities we see are so far apart it's probably not even worth discussing.
    If you are responding to me, I never mentioned any outlet by name. I merely stated that any outlet who reports only one side of the issues is not giving news, but opinion.

It is very simplistic to think there is only one side to a fact. A recent example is the fact that Hilary Clinton sent and received State Department emails, some of which contained classified information, on a non-secure private server.

Every talking head in the U.S. reported that fact. Most all of them reported it in a way that either led their viewers to believe it was no big deal, or in a way that led viewers to believe it was a serious breach of national security, perhaps even treasonous.

No one just listed facts and left it up to you to decide.

I think the biggest problem at KATC is their evening news producer who used to work at KPEL.

Rumor is he drinks Zima and wears a purple and mustard yellow thong.

KATC news has been nothing but anti-Trump, liberal fake news this election season. When they started to run ABC's hate-Trump packages every day, and had Jim Hummel and Marcel Fontenot spouting the democrat party line in their intros to those packages, I turned them off. Won't ever watch them again, in spite of the fact that Travis Webb is so good at what he does. I'm not going to have their anti-oilfield, enviro-stupidity coming into my house every day.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Are you as equally adamant when you come across liberal points of view... to scorn them about not diversifying their news sources? I only read your launch on these matters when someone makes a comment against liberal mainstream ideology. If you care about your credibility on "diversification of thought and extreme polarization", you need to show balance in your position. I may have missed it... but I never see the balance that would confirm you as a unification force. I only see you as being antagonistic when your own political view (that you deny having) gets challenged. Am I missing some of your other posts... or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Are you as equally adamant when you come across liberal points of view... to scorn them about not diversifying their news sources? I only read your launch on these matters when someone makes a comment against liberal mainstream ideology. If you care about your credibility on "diversification of thought and extreme polarization", you need to show balance in your position. I may have missed it... but I never see the balance that would confirm you as a unification force. I only see you as being antagonistic when your own political view (that you deny having) gets challenged. Am I missing some of your other posts... or what?
    You're not missing anything.. but then again, Hypocrisy is a prerequisite to being a Lib..

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Yes I am actually. If there were actual liberals who posted here you'd see me say the same thing to them too.

I'm a blast at parties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast