Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KATC.com still doesn't get it

Louisiana KATC.com still doesn't get it

I'm trying to get info on the Louisiana vs La Tech game since I was unable to attend last night. So I decided to check the local news stations' web sites. KATC.com uses UL Lafayette all over the place. I'm not sure how KATC actually addresses the Ragin Cajuns on their broadcast due to my work schedule, but KATC.com is a joke.

I went over to KLFY.com and they use only "Louisiana" and Ragin Cajuns when writing anything about sports. I wonder why KLFY can do it and KATC can't.

Is KATC owned by the same people that own The Morning Advocate? The Advertiser.com has at least dropped the "hyphen Lafayette" when using UL but TheAdvocate.com still uses UL-Lafayette.

Just don't understand why a local station would do this.

Default Re: KATC.com still doesn't get it

I quit watching KATC last year when they started hating Trump and feeding us all this liberal-flavored news.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    I quit watching KATC last year when they started hating Trump and feeding us all this liberal-flavored news.
    May be the fastest tangent ever on rp, or did they misspell his name and call him Tramp and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I'm trying to get info on the Louisiana vs La Tech game since I was unable to attend last night. So I decided to check the local news stations' web sites. KATC.com uses UL Lafayette all over the place. I'm not sure how KATC actually addresses the Ragin Cajuns on their broadcast due to my work schedule, but KATC.com is a joke.

I went over to KLFY.com and they use only "Louisiana" and Ragin Cajuns when writing anything about sports. I wonder why KLFY can do it and KATC can't.

Is KATC owned by the same people that own The Morning Advocate? The Advertiser.com has at least dropped the "hyphen Lafayette" when using UL but TheAdvocate.com still uses UL-Lafayette.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but sports almost exclusively uses Louisiana or UL. Perhaps someone in the newsroom wrote a sports article for some reason (and is therefore unaware of the name issue), but I can assure you there is no grand conspiracy to use UL Lafayette on every reference.

And I would just like to point out at the sub-menu on KLFY's sports tab refers to the Cajuns as UL Lafayette.

Oh, and just glancing though the sports articles in the website, I don't see any UL Lafayette references. They're all Louisiana. Care to point them out to me?

KATC sports director is Travis Webb. He does a great job in my opinion covering LOUISIANA and promoting the LOUISIANA brand.

I haven't seen any references to UL or UL Lafayette from KATC.

KATC is owned by Evening Post Industries and has nothing to do with Daily Advertiser.

Kevin Foote had article last night referencing LOUISIANA as UL instead of LA.

I can't tell you of KATC has any political bias, but as far as local sports they are much better than Daily Advertiser.

Ready, Shoot, Aim.....and no, the Advocate is owned by a person who lives in BR. KATC is owned by a company headquartered in Charleston, SC and KLFY is owned by Media General of Richmond Va.

Wrong, Evening Post Industries is based in South Carolina, is family owned and does a very good job promoting local communities.

#MKATCGA! Make KATC Great Again!

But in all seriousness, KATC is probably the best local news outlet in Acadiana. Their coverage of the Cajuns is better than the other TV stations.

Oops, I read your post and thought it said Minneapolis for KATC, not sure how that happened. Sorry. Not wrong, you're right

The broadcast headquarters are in Minneapolis...general ownership in Charleston, changed it as you were responding to it.

I don't even think this is debatable. KATC is head and shoulders the broadcast ambassador for Louisiana athletics. I'm sure the reference to UL Lafayette was strictly on the academic side.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I don't even think this is debatable. KATC is head and shoulders the broadcast ambassador for Louisiana athletics. I'm sure the reference to UL Lafayette was strictly on the academic side.
    Kathleen Thames is working for KATC?

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    I have no idea who you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    You've got to be kidding me.

How does one get liberal-flavored?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

Give it a break. The University President doesnt get it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    How does one get liberal-flavored?
    You hire Ian Auzenne as your executive producer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    yeah, We need some muscle over here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast