Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NO Bowl Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Ticket Sales?

Do not under estimate the economics of this. The Acadiana area shed over 7000 jobs this year but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Those directly in O&G who are still employed have typically taken massive cuts in compensation. So even though they are still employed the disposable income isn't there. I've done some very informal questions to people who own businesses outside of O&G and all consistently discuss a drop in sales between 10 and 20 percent. For many of these people that is a difference between a profit and not breaking even.

Add to that the fact that these same families are trying to piece together Christmas and something like the New Orleans Bowl just isn't in play. I'm definitely in that group. It is a shear economic issue for me. It wouldn't break me but I've got much more pressing issues to address and just can't justify this right now. I know a lot of other people who are in the same boat.

Bottom line is economics is going to keep a lot of people from attending and that is just life. If you are fortunate enough to make it down to New Orleans drink a cold one for me and enjoy the game because it should be a blast.

I bought four tickets and gave them to my brother who lives in new orleans. Told him merry Christmas. Basically killed two birds with one stone. I will stay home and watch on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Do not under estimate the economics of this. The Acadiana area shed over 7000 jobs this year but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Those directly in O&G who are still employed have typically taken massive cuts in compensation. So even though they are still employed the disposable income isn't there. I've done some very informal questions to people who own businesses outside of O&G and all consistently discuss a drop in sales between 10 and 20 percent. For many of these people that is a difference between a profit and not breaking even.

Add to that the fact that these same families are trying to piece together Christmas and something like the New Orleans Bowl just isn't in play. I'm definitely in that group. It is a shear economic issue for me. It wouldn't break me but I've got much more pressing issues to address and just can't justify this right now. I know a lot of other people who are in the same boat.

Bottom line is economics is going to keep a lot of people from attending and that is just life. If you are fortunate enough to make it down to New Orleans drink a cold one for me and enjoy the game because it should be a blast.
    Well said, good sir. From March to late August I was unemployed due to market conditions. I have a college education, Louisiana '11, and left a safe and stable position to take a risky yet lucrative job offer the previous year that ended up being one of the worst decisions of my life. What the hell, I'm young I thought. Fortunately, I've found work but had to take a 75% reduction in pay just because I needed a job. Add that on top of a growing family during the peak of Christmas season and you end up with a diehard fan like myself sitting at home watching on TV. I just can't justify going spend, at the very least, $150+ on myself right now...it breaks my heart...it sounds petty, $150+. I went through almost all my savings while unemployed. The struggle is real, men.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

This is what I reminded posters earlier in the thread. A number of people are just trying to find a way to hang on until better opportunities are available, without relocating their entire family. To all of you that are in that position, you do not need to explain yourselves to me or anyone else for that matter. God Bless and Merry Christmas to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This is what I reminded posters earlier in the thread. A number of people are just trying to find a way to hang on until better opportunities are available, without relocating their entire family. To all of you that are in that position, you do not need to explain yourselves to me or anyone else for that matter. God Bless and Merry Christmas to you guys.
    I'm going to piggyback on to T's comments here ... taking care of our families is our number one priority.

Let's hope and pray things begin to improve for all our cajun families!

Now, all of you watching on tv can still be loud and proud!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I'm going to piggyback on to T's comments here ... taking care of our families is our number one priority.

Everyone keeps talking about how bad the economy is here, but all I see every day are completely full restaurants and shopping centers every night. Now, don't get me wrong, I know many people have lost jobs and had home affected by recent flooding. These people get a pass. The rest of Acadiana doesn't. In my mind there is absolutely no reason not to have 30k fans in the dome on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post

I wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas![/QUOTE

Everyone keeps talking about how bad the economy is here, but all I see every day are completely full restaurants and shopping centers every night. Now, don't get me wrong, I know many people have lost jobs and had home affected by recent flooding. These people get a pass. The rest of Acadiana doesn't. In my mind there is absolutely no reason not to have 30k fans in the dome on Saturday.
    You right, 'downtimes' according to my O&G facebooks friends is people trading in their $75K loaded Ford 3500 for $50K Ford 1500. So sad.

[QUOTE=Cajunologist;966718]

You right, 'downtimes' according to my O&G facebooks friends is people trading in their $75K loaded Ford 3500 for $50K Ford 1500. So sad.
    Maybe it's your friends that are the problem, there are a lot of hard working people struggling. A lot of hard working people out of work losing everything they have.

For those of us old enough to remember the 80's crash, this is far from over. For starters, even if oil suddenly became profitable to drill for again, tons upon tons of equipment has been shipped out for use elsewhere in the world. One banker put it this way...this is like a baseball game, and we are just around the third inning.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    For those of us old enough to remember the 80's crash, this is far from over. For starters, even if oil suddenly became profitable to drill for again, tons upon tons of equipment has been shipped out for use elsewhere in the world. One banker put it this way...this is like a baseball game, and we are just around the third inning.
    Some people will certainly go back to work and get busy before others, but yes even once the price is right it takes a long time to get the first stem in the ground. West Texas,Arkansas and Oklahoma are good signs at least, first positives in 2 years.

Prepare to be sadly disappointed on Sat night in the dome then. I'm thinking at best we have 20K in red on Sat, prob more like 15K though is what I am hoping for.

The thing I am worried about is in the past bowl games, the team saw and knew how much support they had with them. UL fans in red TOTALLY outnumbered the opponents fans, and it wasn't even close. I wonder if they notice the difference and come out a little flat on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Prepare to be sadly disappointed on Sat night in the dome then. I'm thinking at best we have 20K in red on Sat, prob more like 15K though is what I am hoping for.

The thing I am worried about is in the past bowl games, the team saw and knew how much support they had with them. UL fans in red TOTALLY outnumbered the opponents fans, and it wasn't even close. I wonder if they notice the difference and come out a little flat on the field?
    If that's what they are depending on, we will get our ___ kicked either way.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    As long as we avoid the 3 run inning and win 2 of the 3-inning mini games, we should come out on top

Are we on the visitors side again this year? USM should have been in that spot if so.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Are we on the visitors side again this year? USM should have been in that spot if so.
    Yep.

BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Yep.
    Just home the first game in 2011.

We are the home team but on the visitors side just like the previous 3 NOLA Bowls.

Does anyone have ticket sales numbers? How many has each school sold?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Does anyone have ticket sales numbers? How many has each school sold?
    Heard not good on our end...hopefully A LOT buy through other channels

Let's think this through. Will discussing it hurt or help ticket sales going forward?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast