Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 282

Thread: 2016 NO Bowl Ticket Sales?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Not as fun when you aren't the condescending smart ___ huh?
    Eh, indifferent.

    You acted like you had knowledge of much cheaper tickets. Pretty simple. But hey, by all means, do your thing play boy..

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Eh, indifferent.

    You acted like you had knowledge of much cheaper tickets. Pretty simple. But hey, by all means, do your thing play boy..
    For someone who dishes it you sure can't take it. I di have knowledge, found on the public internet.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    For someone who dishes it you sure can't take it. I di have knowledge, found on the public internet.
    I can't take it? Would you please point to where I "can't take it"?

    Why would I waste my time looking for cheaper tickets when I bought them through UL already? Perfectly plausible to ask someone who was apparently looking elsewhere..

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,469

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Money that would normally be earmarked for a bowl trip was dedicated elsewhere. When oil is 100, that doesn't matter. When it's been <50 for 2 years, it matters.

    The Nevada bowl showed some softening of the fan base due to unmet expectations. This year it will be stark.
    I would have preferred we go to New Mexico.

  5. #105
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    5,745

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    Peanut calling season ticket holders to buy their tickets.


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    The call are goING to everyone in the database. I got a robot all and I'm not a season ticket holder


  7. #107
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    Just curious why you think that? Disappointing year? Same bowl for 5th time?
    We massively under achieved the last 2 seasons. NCAA sanctions, Hud insulting a majority of the fan base with his Trump comments, boring ___ football.

    That's not even mentioning the economy or flood. Look, IMHO, the moment Hudspeth made the comment about fans being hypocrites regarding the Trump video he lost his job. It may take a year or two years, but that comment was on par with Baldwin's fans in the seats comments.

    In general Acadiana is the most welcoming culture I've ever been exposed to. But once you insult us, it's over for you. We either love you or have no use for you. Hudspeth is and will stay in the no use column.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Most diehards will buy tickets and be there. Casual fans and some Diehards who are upset with Hud are likely to stay at home. They extended the deadline for priority ticket purchases, probably because the ticket sales to RCAF members is down significantly. I bought all the priority tickets they would let me buy, but I have serious doubts about the school selling its allotment.
    We averaged about 30 for the last bowl games and I couldn't get a confirmation from anyone for this one. Pretty disappointing. There were various reasons, but we don't have anyone going from our group.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We massively under achieved the last 2 seasons. NCAA sanctions, Hud insulting a majority of the fan base with his Trump comments, boring ___ football.

    That's not even mentioning the economy or flood. Look, IMHO, the moment Hudspeth made the comment about fans being hypocrites regarding the Trump video he lost his job. It may take a year or two years, but that comment was on par with Baldwin's fans in the seats comments.

    In general Acadiana is the most welcoming culture I've ever been exposed to. But once you insult us, it's over for you. We either love you or have no use for you. Hudspeth is and will stay in the no use column.
    By not showing up and buying doesn't hurt HUD one bit. Hud is still getting paid good money. It definitely hurts the program and reputation of the fanbase.

  10. #110
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    7,530

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    I got the call yesterday about pickup but didn't get to write down the pickup times. Can anyone confirm the times? I think it was today after noon to 5 and every other day is 10-5 (or so)


  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    By not showing up and buying doesn't hurt HUD one bit. Hud is still getting paid good money. It definitely hurts the program and reputation of the fanbase.
    I think most people don't think in those terms, although you are correct. I think people are just turned off.. indifference is the death nail.

  12. #112
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    5,745

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    [QUOTE=wcd35;966541]I got the call yesterday about pickup but didn't get to write down the pickup times. Can anyone confirm the times? I think it was today after noon to 5 and every other day is 10

    Except until 5:30 every day. Until Thursday and then they will be at Will Call at the dome.


  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Peanut calling season ticket holders to buy their tickets.
    Just got my call from Peanut. This is the kind of Marketing that we need before the season starts! Bringing 5 to NO Bowl this year, but only staying 1 night. Yes, times are tough in the oil field. Just came off of a furlough, but fortunately still employed.

  14. #114
    CajunAmos's Avatar
    CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    5,238

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I got the call yesterday about pickup but didn't get to write down the pickup times. Can anyone confirm the times? I think it was today after noon to 5 and every other day is 10-5 (or so)
    Just listed to the message again and here's the info:

    Monday noon-5:30
    Tuesday 10:00-5:30
    Friday 3:00-5:30 at the Cajun party at the Marriot Hotel on Canal Street (team host)
    Saturday 4:30-halftime at the GATE B Will Call

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Harker Heights, TX
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    Not saying I'm not disappointed with the apparent low number of tickets sold, and the prospect of being outnumbered in the Dome, HOWEVER, I also don't think the N.O. Bowl folks are blind to our circumstances. They are not going to be shocked that our attendance is dropping. They realize that we're 6-6 and squeaked into bowl eligibility. I can guarantee they aren't expecting a record showing from Cajun fans. With all that said, who else from the conference is going to bring nearly what the Cajuns bring regardless of our circumstances in any given year?


  16. #116
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    By not showing up and buying doesn't hurt HUD one bit. Hud is still getting paid good money. It definitely hurts the program and reputation of the fanbase.
    Oh I will be there. But the only way normal fans can have their voice be heard is through ticket sales or lack thereof.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    After losing to NMSU, a bowl wasn't on my radar (and probably many other individuals). Made other plans about that time, never thinking of the bowl picture.
    This /\... With several weeks left in season, I scratched NOLA Bowl off my calendar. Typically leave it open but went ahead and moved company Christmas Party back to Dec. 17. I've purchased range of 25-60 tickets in past. None this year. Many of those were for people I work with who will be attending the party. Unfortunately, I didn't see the bowl in Cajuns future... We will be tuned in at our party, though.

  18. #118
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,056

    UL Football Re: Ticket Sales?

    The of little faith.


  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Ticket Sales?

    Couple thoughts:

    Reason priority seats may still be available is many higher ranking individuals in RCAF may have requested Club Level seating. I know I did in the past.

    Also, even in this down year, NOBODY in the Sun Belt brings as many fans to NOLA than the Cajuns.

    Even with that, I'm hopeful the Bowl can visibly see the RED and give some kudos to the Cajun Nation, even if they didn't buy through the Louisiana ticket office.


  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Couple thoughts:

    Reason priority seats may still be available is many higher ranking individuals in RCAF may have requested Club Level seating. I know I did in the past.

    Also, even in this down year, NOBODY in the Sun Belt brings as many fans to NOLA than the Cajuns.

    Even with that, I'm hopeful the Bowl can visibly see the RED and give some kudos to the Cajun Nation, even if they didn't buy through the Louisiana ticket office.
    They get money from every ticket sold, they look at the overall draw.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •