Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NO Bowl Ticket Sales?

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Ticket Sales?

Matt was on the radio and he said sales were good. I no we will not sell as many as previous years, but I think we will do well. With the help of Southern Miss I think we should have another top 5 attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Matt was on the radio and he said sales were good. I no we will not sell as many as previous years, but I think we will do well. With the help of Southern Miss I think we should have another top 5 attendance.
    Which is hugely disappointing considering the opponent. How could a true fan not be pumped up?

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I think we hit 38k plus or minus 2k. I'd love to think we would get 50k but we had a crappy year. Played well enough to win the last 5 games of the season and closed out well. But we blew 2-3 games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Which is hugely disappointing considering the opponent. How could a true fan not be pumped up?
    When over $10,000 people in this area have lost their jobs and many their homes, it is not unexpected. I think too many of us forget that at times, but many in our community are going through tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    When over $10,000 people in this area have lost their jobs and many their homes, it is not unexpected. I think too many of us forget that at times, but many in our community are going through tough times.
    I am, that's why I'm going the cheap route of buying a ticket not through UL. Tough times with no job, but I'm not missing it.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I think we hit 38k plus or minus 2k. I'd love to think we would get 50k but we had a crappy year. Played well enough to win the last 5 games of the season and closed out well. But we blew 2-3 games.
    I would think the same thing. I think anything above the 35K for the game will be a win for the New Orleans Bowl. Looking at Southern Miss's appearances I am willing to throw their first two numbers. The first one was the first year of the bowl and they might not have know what to expect. The second one was in 2005 and the game was played outdoors in Lafayette. I am think this game will be closer to the 12/20/2009 Middle Tenn vs Southern Miss 30,223 or the 12/21/2008 Southern Miss vs Troy 30,197.

Date Team Team Attendance
    12/21/2013 UL Ragin' Cajuns vs Tulane 54,723
    12/22/2012 UL Ragin' Cajuns vs East Carolina 48,823
    12/17/2011 UL Ragin' Cajuns vs San Diego State 42,481
    12/20/2014 UL Ragin' Cajuns vs Nevada Wolf Pack 34,014
    12/19/2015 Louisiana Tech vs Arkansas State 32,847
    12/20/2009 Middle Tenn vs Southern Miss 30,223
    12/21/2008 Southern Miss vs Troy 30,197
    12/18/2010 Troy vs Ohio 29,159
    12/14/2004 Southern Miss_ vs North Texas_ 27,253
    12/18/2001 Colorado State vs North Texas_ 27,004
    12/16/2003 Memphis_ vs North Texas_ 25,184
    12/21/2007 Florida Atlantic vs Memphis 25,146
    12/22/2006 Troy vs Rice 24,791
    12/17/2002 North Texas_ vs Cincinnati_ 19,024
    12/20/2005 Southern Miss vs Arkansas State_ 18,333

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Ticket Sales?

locking up the invite on the last game has to hurt a little. I'm looking for a great Cajun backing. There will be visibly more red in that dome than black and yellow.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    I am, that's why I'm going the cheap route of buying a ticket not through UL. Tough times with no job, but I'm not missing it.
    You getting those tickets from who?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You getting those tickets from who?
    Don't know yet, but aren't tickets through the bowl or ticket master way cheaper than then the schools reserved seats. I know location won't be great but oh well

UL Football Re: Ticket Sales?

Don't know, but probably not.

Scalpers might have some for less in better seats.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don't know, but probably not.

Scalpers might have some for less in better seats.
    Always seems that way. In the past I would buy for my group and everytime we'd walk to the dome someone would be hawking better seats. Granted they wouldn't be in a group and sometime they'd be in the visitor sides but since everyone in my group is now out of state or can't go (for whatever reason), I'm just gonna roll the dice on this one.

My usm buddy tells me that usm is shooting for 20000 to 25000 fans

I really do not think the LA fan base will be as large as it has in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    My usm buddy tells me that usm is shooting for 20000 to 25000 fans
    Not a chance that happens..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not a chance that happens..
    Don't bet your money on this, they are way ahead of us in sales right now.

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Louisiana will hold our own in ticket sales, but remember WE are in a Oil Downturn and a recent 1000 year flood that has priorities elsewhere. Those that can will buy tickets Tuesday can we watch it on TV ! My dad and mom will not go he just had quadruple bypass surgery doing well but not up to the trip .geauxCajuns!!!!

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Louisiana will hold our own in ticket sales, but remember WE are in a Oil Downturn and a recent 1000 year flood that has priorities elsewhere. Those that can will buy tickets Tuesday can we watch it on TV ! My dad and mom will not go he just had quadruple bypass surgery doing well but not up to the trip .geauxCajuns!!!!
    I'll have to disagree about holding our own. It will be the lowest attended bowl game by us by a long way. I'm thinking we'll get outdrawn by USM 2-1. We just don't have enough true fans to overcome our own obstacles.

I'll be there for the doubleheader. I'd planned on going to NO that weekend to watch basketball. Glad the football team could join us.

We ordered 8 tickets earlier this week. Might be a big walk up crowd next Sat. Despite the break even records USM is an attractive opponent. Like others have stated, we shouldn't underestimate the tightness in our regional economy. Could be hundreds thinking "I'll try getting a $20 near the stadium instead of $42 through UL" saving $80-100 to help pay for a room. Who knows. Think we see 40,000 in the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Don't bet your money on this, they are way ahead of us in sales right now.
    Their average home attendance this year was 28k. They're not bringing an entire home crowd. And we'll be lucky to bring 10k. Seen ticket sales numbers?

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Their average home attendance this year was 28k. They're not bringing an entire home crowd. And we'll be lucky to bring 10k. Seen ticket sales numbers?
    We have always brought more to NO than we averaged in attendance. Why wouldn't they?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast