Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NO Bowl Ticket Sales?

Default Re: Ticket Sales?

even if USM "sells all theirs" that is only on based on what they are saying, no way to prove it. academics could be bailing out their athletic program again, and giving away the tickets, not saying they are, but would be unable to prove or disprove either way.

but then again, not going four straight years like we did, would make them more excited for this than we are.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    even if USM "sells all theirs" that is only on based on what they are saying, no way to prove it. academics could be bailing out their athletic program again, and giving away the tickets, not saying they are, but would be unable to prove or disprove either way.

but then again, not going four straight years like we did, would make them more excited for this than we are.
    Not understanding the academics/athletics comment.

You guys have got to stop this nonsense. I promise you, we will have over 10k+ fans in the Dome. It's not what we're used to, but all things considered, it's not that bad. It's still better than most other teams bring to that bowl game.

At the end of the day the headline will read "USM / Louisiana fans bring top 10 crowd in NOLA Bowl history".

The walk up tickets should be UL fans so fan wise will be fairly equal

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You guys have got to stop this nonsense. I promise you, we will have over 10k+ fans in the Dome. It's not what we're used to, but all things considered, it's not that bad. It's still better than most other teams bring to that bowl game.

At the end of the day the headline will read "USM / Louisiana fans bring top 10 crowd in NOLA Bowl history".
    MAT, I believe you will be right on this one. Regardless the environment should be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I got tired of worrying about how many fans show up for us. It's something that is out of my direct control and I don't think there's much of a point in getting worked up about it. A lot of people gave up on this team after they looked like trash early on, never mind the video, etc. I can't blame them for not taking the time and money to come support a battle of 6-6 teams
    As stated earlier my reasoning has everything to do with finances...I'm very upset I won't be making it this year. Good news is, things look to be picking up on my end, although 2017 won't be a record breaker, I'm hopeful that 2018 will be a boomer! Fingers crossed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    As stated earlier my reasoning has everything to do with finances...I'm very upset I won't be making it this year. Good news is, things look to be picking up on my end, although 2017 won't be a record breaker, I'm hopeful that 2018 will be a boomer! Fingers crossed!!!
    Save up for the Access Bowl.. we'll be there in 2-3 years.

Save up for the Access Bowl.. we'll be there in 2-3 years.
    Now you're cooking with grease!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Now you're cooking with grease!
    We're about to experience a meteoric rise in Cajun athletics. Might be historic.

I hope you are right and I think you are, but doesn't guarantee the university gets the money

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Not understanding the academics/athletics comment.
    a few years ago the USM athletic department was "in the red" financially and had to be "bailed out"... now they are suddenly a "player" again, seems a double standard, as athletics didn't properly earn it themselves.

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    a few years ago the USM athletic department was "in the red" financially and had to be "bailed out"... now they are suddenly a "player" again, seems a double standard, as athletics didn't properly earn it themselves.
    Thought you were speaking about UL. Thanks. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the travel and expenses for the team are covered by the conference/bowl. I'm wondering what the cost incurred would be to cover the other expenses for travel associated with participation.

MelRock is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We're about to experience a meteoric rise in Cajun athletics. Might be historic.
    Who are you and how did you get MAT's login info?

Other than some of the program related issues talked about over the past few months, I think the biggest factor in the potential "decline" in ticket sales is the fact that this team did not become bowl eligible until the last regular season game. In previous bowl appearances, we fans knew that the team would be going several weeks before the end of the season and we had more time to prepare and make plans. I personally put the NOLA Bowl date on my calendar prior to each season just to make sure I can go if the team makes it. Not everyone does that. Therefore, this time I only needed 2 tickets as opposed to the 6 or 8 I purchased in previous years. Others that have come with me in the past, claim the short notice and already having other plans in place is a major factor.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Call it like I see it buddy. Very encouraging news on all fronts. And that's coming from King of the Cynical.

I've got a story for you about Alden and Gary Pinkle. I'll pass along in NOLA. It'll fire you up.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Obviously hacked via Yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Other than some of the program related issues talked about over the past few months, I think the biggest factor in the potential "decline" in ticket sales is the fact that this team did not become bowl eligible until the last regular season game. In previous bowl appearances, we fans knew that the team would be going several weeks before the end of the season and we had more time to prepare and make plans. I personally put the NOLA Bowl date on my calendar prior to each season just to make sure I can go if the team makes it. Not everyone does that. Therefore, this time I only needed 2 tickets as opposed to the 6 or 8 I purchased in previous years. Others that have come with me in the past, claim the short notice and already having other plans in place is a major factor.
    i agree. plus season was even another week after that as well.... plus not going last year. all three further your point I believe. (almost a perfect storm) if we had five in a row may have had more faith we would end up with 6 in a row and 6 wins

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Call it like I see it buddy. Very encouraging news on all fronts. And that's coming from King of the Cynical.

I've got a story for you about Alden and Gary Pinkle. I'll pass along in NOLA. It'll fire you up.
    I agree with Melrock. You are not MAT. The MAT that everyone knows on here is always negative... just to be negative. At least that's what a large number of posters said. There's no way that MAT was just "calling it like he's see's it". No way. He was trying to harm our university. The only good fan is one that puts fragrance on our sewage. That's a "real fan". Not that guy MAT. Who are you? Are you one of those Russian hackers that controls America now?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Obviously hacked via Yahoo.
    Russians

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    That is very much a part of it. I want more Cajun supporters to buy tickets and show up. But there were a multitude of reasons that "the Cajun fan base" isn't responding to this bowl as well as the past bowls. The economy, the flood, bowl eligibility on the last game played, Hud's screw ups this year, Hud's screw ups last year, the NO Bowl for the 5th time.

I'm extremely happy the team made it to a bowl... and I'll be there. We do not need to "chastise" the "fan base". There is no such audience to hear it. They are attracted, each to a person, by their own life decisions. They are not bound to do anything with their own money and time for an athletic function. You either attract them, or you do not attract them. I am not them. You are not them.

Praise the fans that will be in the dome on Saturday... and work on the things that we "can control" that attract a bigger group in the future.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast