Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Nate Cox

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    And not one single d-1 had scholarships for development? Including tech? He didn't even have a spot to walk on until another QB left. I'm sure STM never has other college recruiters around either. The kid is a project who played what, 1 year of football? Or started? I know this doesn't fit the "hud is a total moron and can't do anything right" months but come on. He also doesn't fit our offense, HUD's or will halls. If you are honestly pulling for the kid you should be happy he is at tech, has a much better chance of fitting in that offense. Kid would get killed in this offense if he ever saw the field.
    Late in basketball season I saw Cox with one of our FB coaches in the Dome. From what I understand we did consider bringing him in as a walk on. Not sure if that walk on offer was made before he decided to go JUCO

Default Re: Nate Cox

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He's a project due to his physique. Due to our NCAA sanctions we didn't have scholarship for development. The reason he's a miss is because nobody else was as close to him as we were. We'll be crying about the decision next year or the one after. He'll be great, maybe another LTUR NFL hall of famer in twenty years.
    I detect an STM homer here looking through the burgundy and blue glasses.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    don't you think your going overboard?
    Forget it, he's rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Late in basketball season I saw Cox with one of our FB coaches in the Dome. From what I understand we did consider bringing him in as a walk on. Not sure if that walk on offer was made before he decided to go JUCO
    That's the other side too, people don't know what the coaches may have tried to do with a kid and it just didn't work out...they just see the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    What's the word on this kid outta St Thomas Moore....Nate Cox 6'8, 200lbs? He just joined his old HS teammate, Griffin Hebert by walking on at Tech.
    I was told he wants to study veterinary medicine. That would make him an excellent catch for lturd@ruston.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Nate Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I detect an STM homer here looking through the burgundy and blue glasses.
    You'd best not bet the farm on that belief. I haven't lived within a hundred miles of Lafayette for decades, didn't even know about STM until it's name started coming up on RP. I couldn't care less about the school. Having said that I've heard a lot of good things about the kids coming out of that program. That probably has a lot to do with the culture they've developed there.

I'm still pizzed about our coaching staff not offering the defensive lineman that made all conference as a true LTUR freshman. We need to do a better job of identifying quality local talent and landing them. I mean didn't you get a special thrill getting the Smith sisters out of Ruston. I mean we're a much better program, but if you live there you probably want to leave on the next bus, or train out, maybe even a crop duster

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    I was told he wants to study veterinary medicine. That would make him an excellent catch for lturd@ruston.
    Tech at Ruston teaches veterinary medicine? Haha

Some needs to tell them Step 1 to caring for a pet: When its Africa hot outside, put water in your dogs bowl

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Tech at Ruston teaches veterinary medicine? Haha

Some needs to tell them Step 1 to caring for a pet: When its Africa hot outside, put water in your dogs bowl
    Tech doesn't have vet medicine and the vet that did that to the bulldog was an LSU grad

Wish we could have taken a flyer on the kid. He'll put on weight and learn the offense during his red shirt year. Although he had limited playing time in high school, a good QB coach could make this kid really good.

I don't think its wise to take a flyer on a kid just because he is local. He played in a lot of games last year for a big school. I would imagine that lots of coaches have seen his film. Not saying he won't or cant be great, just that not many football minds think so now. RP minds however? Different story.

does is it really hurt you to take a chance on a walk-on player?

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    does is it really hurt you to take a chance on a walk-on player?
    When you are on reduced scholarships and will need to count on some walk-ons...yes I think taking a flyer on a walk on who doesn't fit your offense at all and is a project physically hurts us. I don't think it hurts tech to do so.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You'd best not bet the farm on that belief. I haven't lived within a hundred miles of Lafayette for decades, didn't even know about STM until it's name started coming up on RP. I couldn't care less about the school. Having said that I've heard a lot of good things about the kids coming out of that program. That probably has a lot to do with the culture they've developed there.

I'm still pizzed about our coaching staff not offering the defensive lineman that made all conference as a true LTUR freshman. We need to do a better job of identifying quality local talent and landing them. I mean didn't you get a special thrill getting the Smith sisters out of Ruston. I mean we're a much better program, but if you live there you probably want to leave on the next bus, or train out, maybe even a crop duster
    I forgot the name of the local lineman who did well at Tech as a freshman. I do recall he was an offensive lineman however and he is from Northside High School.

I forgot the name of the local lineman who did well at Tech as a freshman. I do recall he was an offensive lineman however and he is from Northside High School.
    O'Shea Dugas

Yep we should all know a QB who can actually throw the football would never fit our offense.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I knew someone would remember. I couldn't be sure who it was, only my disappointment at not getting him. Seems we procrastinated on an offer if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I don't think its wise to take a flyer on a kid just because he is local. He played in a lot of games last year for a big school. I would imagine that lots of coaches have seen his film. Not saying he won't or cant be great, just that not many football minds think so now. RP minds however? Different story.
    The later he started the higher the ceiling most times.

Never take an inferior local, always take one where all things balance out equal.

This kid has a lot of upside.

Default Re: Burnt ROUX: Nate Cox

If he was going to a juco originally, maybe his plan was to work on skills and size and try for a D-1 program in a year or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Yep we should all know a QB who can actually throw the football would never fit our offense.
    Think back to the licks Anthony Jennings took...now picture Nate Cox getting hit like that.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Burnt ROUX: Nate Cox

Any grandson of Tom Cox should receive a full blown academic scholarship.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast