Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 158

Thread: Nate Cox

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    342

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

    -Well I think Stokley passes your description test and I certainly would push my kid to stay in Lafayette!!!

    Boom that statement wasn't a historical statement. I would have sent my kid to UL in the Stokley and Bustle years. That statement is completely a right now statement. That statement is completely based on what I know goes on in the locker room, the double standards and biases toward certain ethnicities. I based that statement on the knowledge I have from speaking to people who were within the program during the Hud years? I hope that my opoinion will change under the next regime.

  2. #82
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,623

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    If Tech offers him he should jump on it. Tech has proven as of late to be a much better fit for a good route running caucasian receiver. I have been a cajun fan since birth, if my son were offered by both schools at any position I'd push him toward tech. That's from someone who has hated tech his whole life.
    careful...you are going to hurt some feelings!!!

    Z

  3. #83
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,001

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Didn't you have that chance and passed?
    Ouch. That burned.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    8,033

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    If Tech offers him he should jump on it. Tech has proven as of late to be a much better fit for a good route running caucasian receiver. I have been a cajun fan since birth, if my son were offered by both schools at any position I'd push him toward tech. That's from someone who has hated tech his whole life.
    LOL

  5. #85
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,623

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Ouch. That burned.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    652

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Boom that statement wasn't a historical statement. I would have sent my kid to UL in the Stokley and Bustle years. That statement is completely a right now statement. That statement is completely based on what I know goes on in the locker room, the double standards and biases toward certain ethnicities. I based that statement on the knowledge I have from speaking to people who were within the program during the Hud years? I hope that my opoinion will change under the next regime.
    Here we go ...

  7. #87
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Didn't you have that chance and passed?
    --No---she wanted basketball and not the track deal

    but did I try? How about begging? lol


  8. #88
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Ouch. That burned.
    --not at all--read my post!!!

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NoBo, La
    Posts
    1,247

    Default Nate Cox

    What's the word on this kid outta St Thomas Moore....Nate Cox 6'8, 200lbs? He just joined his old HS teammate, Griffin Hebert by walking on at Tech.


  10. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Keeping up with the Jones

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    What's the word on this kid outta St Thomas Moore....Nate Cox 6'8, 200lbs? He just joined his old HS teammate, Griffin Hebert by walking on at Tech.
    Yes, that is correct. It appears a spot opened up on tech's team due to one of your quarterbacks Leaving the team. Nate was on his way to a juco in Texas when he got the call. He is a great young man. I wish him the best.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Keeping up with the Jones

    if he's 6'8, 200 then he needs to add a ton of weight to fill out that frame


  12. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    if he's 6'8, 200 then he needs to add a ton of weight to fill out that frame
    I'm sure he will. He's only an incoming freshman, and I wish we had made a run at him.

  13. #93
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    if he's 6'8, 200 then he needs to add a ton of weight to fill out that frame
    I highly doubt he's up to 200#.

  14. #94
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,660

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Muscle will be added. He'll be great. Another talent Miss by Louisiana.


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Muscle will be added. He'll be great. Another talent Miss by Louisiana.
    He was a last minute walk on, so he was also a talent miss by every other D-1 school in America...including Tech. Not saying he won't be good but it's not like we let a kid walk away to the big 12. If he was from Hahnville nobody would care.

  16. #96
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,660

    UL Football Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    He was a last minute walk on, so he was also a talent miss by every other D-1 school in America...including Tech. Not saying he won't be good but it's not like we let a kid walk away to the big 12. If he was from Hahnville nobody would care.
    He's a project due to his physique. Due to our NCAA sanctions we didn't have scholarship for development. The reason he's a miss is because nobody else was as close to him as we were. We'll be crying about the decision next year or the one after. He'll be great, maybe another LTUR NFL hall of famer in twenty years.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    maybe another LTUR NFL hall of famer in twenty years.
    don't you think your going overboard?

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He's a project due to his physique. Due to our NCAA sanctions we didn't have scholarship for development. The reason he's a miss is because nobody else was as close to him as we were. We'll be crying about the decision next year or the one after. He'll be great, maybe another LTUR NFL hall of famer in twenty years.
    And not one single d-1 had scholarships for development? Including tech? He didn't even have a spot to walk on until another QB left. I'm sure STM never has other college recruiters around either. The kid is a project who played what, 1 year of football? Or started? I know this doesn't fit the "hud is a total moron and can't do anything right" months but come on. He also doesn't fit our offense, HUD's or will halls. If you are honestly pulling for the kid you should be happy he is at tech, has a much better chance of fitting in that offense. Kid would get killed in this offense if he ever saw the field.

  19. #99
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,660

    UL Football Re: Nate Cox

    You're right, he's a pro style QB. Hud couldn't be expected to change his team philosophy for a single individual. But I think he'll be great down the road.


  20. #100
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,660

    Default Re: Nate Cox

    Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    don't you think your going overboard?
    Yeah, you're right. Probably about thirty years down the road. I won't live to see if I'm right unless he's a bust.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •