Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    My comment was in general if your committed and never sign anything and have a major injury you are left with nothing. But was thinking Elijah Mitchell when I made the comment. Kids take a huge risk and put a free paid college education on the line when they play in these meaningless games.
    Can't remember his name but this happened to a kid from loreauville I believe around 99' 00' when they had an all star game at tiger stadium...blew out his knee and got his offer pulled.

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Nate Cox

My comment was in general if your committed and never sign anything and have a major injury you are left with nothing. But was thinking Elijah Mitchell when I made the comment. Kids take a huge risk and put a free paid college education on the line when they play in these meaningless games.
    Same with Griffen Hebert from STM.

Impressive coaches on the Lafayette team. Big Cheese making an appearance.

Any word if UL is after the Johnson kid from Kaplan? Saw he made first team all district on offense and first team district on defense all with defensive mvp...He is about 195# so i think he may be worth looking at as a safety prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Can't remember his name but this happened to a kid from loreauville I believe around 99' 00' when they had an all star game at tiger stadium...blew out his knee and got his offer pulled.
    Correct on the injury but not the rest. Dinardo honored his scholarship, as did Saban. He was simply stuck in a coaching change. Recruited by Dinardo and that old school Big 10 defense, then he just didn't fit Sabans system. Saban also converted him to FB due to injuries one year but didn't get much playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Correct on the injury but not the rest. Dinardo honored his scholarship, as did Saban. He was simply stuck in a coaching change. Recruited by Dinardo and that old school Big 10 defense, then he just didn't fit Sabans system. Saban also converted him to FB due to injuries one year but didn't get much playing time.
    It was some time ago...just remembering man that really f'n sucks to happen that way I'm an all star game

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Any word if UL is after the Johnson kid from Kaplan? Saw he made first team all district on offense and first team district on defense all with defensive mvp...He is about 195# so i think he may be worth looking at as a safety prospect?
    He is local so probably not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Same with Griffen Hebert from STM.

Impressive coaches on the Lafayette team. Big Cheese making an appearance.
    While I've knock UL for kids like Dugas and Bonnette, can anyone name one STM athlete in recent years outside of the DB that signed with Neveda, that is starting for an FBS program?

Speaking of STM kids ULM has a true freshman QB from there. As I recall the STM starter was Bellamy last year. Has ULM gone so low they recruit back up 4A QBs?
    Matt Gardner. He really wasn't the "backup " QB. They sort of had a 2 QB system. Bellamy was the gun slinger and Gardner was the "read-option/scrambling " QB. Both were very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    While I've knock UL for kids like Dugas and Bonnette, can anyone name one STM athlete in recent years outside of the DB that signed with Neveda, that is starting for an FBS program?
    Evan Tadford, Logan Klussman, Rivers Kahee, Tiger Besh, Gunner Raborn, Bailey Raborn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Evan Tadford, Logan Klussman, Rivers Kahee, Tiger Besh, Gunner Raborn, Bailey Raborn.
    Evan was offered, none of the rest are starting for FBS programs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Evan was offered, none of the rest are starting for FBS programs.

Seeing out on Twitter land Cajuns have offered "preferred walk on" offers to STM Hunter Clay & Noah Fontenot ????

Logan is at Kansas, Kahee could be starting at FBS (but he was too smart for UL so he chose Dartmouth), Besh is at Princeton, Raborn was at Bama, Bellamy will be at Villanova next yr.

Blog Entries

Logan is at Kansas, Kahee could be starting at FBS (but he was too smart for UL so he chose Dartmouth), Besh is at Princeton, Raborn was at Bama, Bellamy will be at Villanova next yr.
    Again, Logan isn't staring at Kansas Raborn walked on at Bama. Smart or not, they are not starters at FBS programs. Not saying any of these kids will not have successful careers, simply stating fact. There is only one FBS prospect at STM in the senior class, Hebert.

Logan is starting. I agree with Hebert being great. But i find it funny how UL can't find the time of day for this kid.
    What does it matter if a kid is in FBS or dominating in FCS?

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football...t/kansas/90797

Blog Entries

Logan is a long snapper, he wasn't shown signing in any class which means he was a walk-on. Long snappers are walk-ons that usually earn scholarships. UL has a walk-on Long Snapper in Miller from Teurlings, so they took a local kid. I like local athletes, but ones that are making impacts at programs like Dugas and Bonnette. Now there is several young athletes at STM next year that should get looks, like Gannon.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think Hebert although not as athletic as Meeking is a polished WR who IS athletic and talented enough to play for us. He may need a redshirt year to adjust to college defenses, but he does things that help create separation that indont see from some of our current WRs and they are extremely talented.

Bottom line IMO is the kid may not be a super star prospect, but he can and would contribute for 3 years.

Sounds like FCS to me. Answer the question.

Sometimes recruiting is a numbers game and positions of need. It probably doesn't help that hebert plays a position full of freshman and sophomores that is losing no one that contributed in a big way. .

Sometimes recruiting is a numbers game and positions of need. It probably doesn't help that hebert plays a position full of freshman and sophomores that is losing no one that contributed in a big way. .
    We have 3 WR slots to fill. Riles, Fuse and Haynes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast