_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 MORE WINS?

Default 2 MORE WINS?

I do not post as often as I used to since these two little boys came into my life as I am consumed with raising them, but here it goes.

There has been a lot of heart ache, bad losses, bad coaching decisions, bad decisions by the administration, now political social media posts hurting this team, and flat out bad luck that has hurt this football program.

Can somehow the players, coaches, fans, and admin all come together for two more wins to get this program to another Bowl Game. You cannot tell me that all of us in the above categories do not want this program to succeed. The passion is there. Let's tap back into it. This can happen and just may happen.

Upset UGA? Arkansas State at home and Monroe there. 2 out of 3 will continue the success of this LA Football program.

Geaux LA!!!!!

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 2 MORE WINS?

No doubt we need to focus on the balance of the season.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt we need to focus on the balance of the season.
    We have lost to 3 pretty good teams in Idaho, Boise, and Appy

then the 2 OT loses

We haven't beaten good teams and now it comes down to 2 out of 3 to get to the show---With Ga's win over Auburn, the trap is in maybe, ULM is playing better and of course there is A State---come on Cajuns!!!

If we play like last Thursday we'll finish 6-6 with a tough loss to UGA.

Only shot is ULM. Ga Southern was playing a freshman QB, plus I believe one of their RB was out also. Either one of their top 2 QB's play it's a different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Only shot is ULM. Ga Southern was playing a freshman QB, plus I believe one of their RB was out also. Either one of their top 2 QB's play it's a different outcome.
    Well in that case we'll go 5-7...we need one more shot.

I don't see us beating UGA.

That means we have to beat stAte and ULM to get 6 wins.

What worries me is that while I think we could possibly beat stAte, with almost no one in the stands it'll make it harder for the team to do so. We tend to play better when we have a crowd on our side.

I found out today that my normal group of about 10 at a game will be 3 for that game. We've usually had small crowds at these games attached to Thanksgiving week.

If we can beat stAte that forces a HUGE game in Monroe that #CajunNation needs to get to!!!

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hopefully that win will help draw a bit more for the stAte game. 11 am, geez. That combined with thanksgiving is a killer.

We can beat stAte. We could (dare I say should) beat Monroe. We control our fortune.

Yes I agree it was bad enough having to play A-State on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but you move the game to 11 AM factor in all the other crap and you got maybe 5,000 fans. If you want fans in the stands understand and take your loss give away ticket to military and first responders and family. Heck give them to people on the streets. You lose the ticket revenue but maybe they will buy stuff in the stadium. This was the worst home schedule ever with some of the best teams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Yes I agree it was bad enough having to play A-State on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but you move the game to 11 AM factor in all the other crap and you got maybe 5,000 fans. If you want fans in the stands understand and take your loss give away ticket to military and first responders and family. Heck give them to people on the streets. You lose the ticket revenue but maybe they will buy stuff in the stadium. This was the worst home schedule ever with some of the best teams ever.
    I agree. We had one of the best slates of teams at home in a while, but most of the start times do not make sense.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

UGA and Ark State are going to be very difficult games for us. And I wouldn't be surprised if ULM battles us down to the wire (it's there bowl game).

One play at a time. If our head coach keeps our offense wide open... I see several good things happening. I see us potentially ended up 6-6... and at least showing some improvement over last year. And I see a slight bridge being reconstructed with some fans and next year's program. Winning is a result. Playing the right style of offense at UL is the most important objective of our coach. And that style has nothing to do with fear of mistakes.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I totally disagree. The Georgia Southern QB that played is a better passer than either of the others. The other two guys were mostly running threats. Cajuns have shown they can control running games.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: 2 MORE WINS?

There is no doubt stAte will be a difficult win. They had a fumble and turnover problem early in the season that has settled down. One of their most potent weapons is a 5'6" running back that people have a problem leveraging, but he also seems to have a problem hanging onto the football.

Right now I am focused on how UGA plays us. Sure hope we come out healthy. The fact is stAte will have a short week this week to face a tough opponent, but on the backside they have an extra two nights recovery time.

Saturday post Thanksgiving is never a good time to play football at LA, and maybe an eleven start will be a bonus. LSU/LA fans will either be in a good mood beating TAMU or in a foul mood losing to same, so there is hope a larger number may be at Cajun Field than on a normal LSU/LA Saturday. If we can play UGA as well as Nicholls did the mood in Lafayette will be upbeat, but I fear it will be more like we played LTUR last year.

We really got a shot in the arm on offense because Dion Ray was inserted and he ran at will. However, moving forward, I don't think we will have that much success with him as teams will know and look for him when he's in the game and KNOW that when he's at QB, we aren't going to throw the ball. He will probably continue to be helpful but teams will limit his effectiveness. We need the ability to throw the ball with him at QB to keep building the offense but it likely won't happen.

In other words, we snuck one past Ga Southern while they were leaning on a 3rd string QB they were trying to redshirt.

7-5 would be nice, but if this team can get to 6-6, then we all get to see how much the NOLA bowl truly loves the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I totally disagree. The Georgia Southern QB that played is a better passer than either of the others. The other two guys were mostly running threats. Cajuns have shown they can control running games.
    Stop trying to reason with all the ____ed off Arm chair coaches. They all know better.

UL Football Re: 2 MORE WINS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mike their MO is the run option, not the pass. They loss their two most effective quarterbacks and their all conference runner was banged up. Amazingly their coach ran him into the line like we did our all conference back Mcguire. Both are banged up so it was a wash on running backs.

Nobody knows how we would have competed vs their healthy option, but it does not matter. Our weak ___ pass defense did a great job limiting touchdowns. They are getting marginally better.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_UL View Post
    Stop trying to reason with all the ____ed off Arm chair coaches. They all know better.
    You just keep believing that bud...

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The sad part is, we should be talking about a 10 win season right now. ____ poor offense cost us Tulane, NMSU and Idaho.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The sad part is, we should be talking about a 10 win season right now. ____ poor offense cost us Tulane, NMSU and Idaho.
    What we did this past Saturday, offensively, was there for us the whole time. In fact, I think our offense has much more explosiveness than this past Saturday. It is there for us if we allow it. But we cannot play in fear of making mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast