Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: GA State Fires Trent Miles

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.
    Posts
    5,752

    Default Re: GA State Fires Trent Miles

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    First, your statement is incorrect. The president is not inept. The university is still growing and is handling the budget cuts surprisingly well. That is the main mission of his job. Know who is inept? The president of UNO. Still thousands of students down from preKatrina and have gutted their athletic programs. That is gross ineptitude. Now is Farmer inept? Probably. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader of a D1 program. For your sake I hope he is let go so you can at least enjoy UL athletics for a brief second.
    Right on the money, Metry.

    The highlighted sentence is paramount. We are doing extraordinary things with the budget while other state schools are struggling to say the least. When the oil tide turns again, and it will, the daylight we are currently puting between ourselves and everybody but lsu will be blinding.

    ..and we need a new AD.

  2. #22
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,601

    Default Re: GA State Fires Trent Miles

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike he is still lagging in those areas Boomer thinks we are excelling in. What other people think is of little value unless they can actually claim more than a casual knowledge of the propaganda machine. You well know that Tier One was a goal that was being pimped by our current president many years ago, and it was within our grasp in just three or four more years.

    Being in that US News tier one is important to students and parents if not to academia.
    ---Well what is new??? Just keep adding to my posts words that are not mine---I listed the areas where we are improving in on a regular basis, and sorry you can't give ANY credit to a man your posts constantly knock

    but, if you can't see, (and I know it is almost impossible for you,) the things that have been done with the extreme budget cuts to higher education, you aren't in the least way being objective

    So go over my post and tell me where he is not performing!!!


  3. #23
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,852

    Default Re: GA State Fires Trent Miles

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike he is still lagging in those areas Boomer thinks we are excelling in. What other people think is of little value unless they can actually claim more than a casual knowledge of the propaganda machine. You well know that Tier One was a goal that was being pimped by our current president many years ago, and it was within our grasp in just three or four more years.

    Being in that US News tier one is important to students and parents if not to academia.
    I agree it has taken us too long to get into the US News Tier One category. One of the reasons we have not is our percentage of alumni contributing to the university does not equal what occurs at places like La. Tech. Some of that is because they have a smaller student body. The fact that most of the faculty does think positively of Dr. Savoie is a factor in his job ranking however. It indicates he has more job security than most here would like. It has more value than the opinion of folks here no matter how many times people post here he is hurting athletics.

  4. #24
    Just1More's Avatar
    Just1More is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: GA State Fires Trent Miles

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree it has taken us too long to get into the US News Tier One category. One of the reasons we have not is our percentage of alumni contributing to the university does not equal what occurs at places like La. Tech. Some of that is because they have a smaller student body. The fact that most of the faculty does think positively of Dr. Savoie is a factor in his job ranking however. It indicates he has more job security than most here would like. It has more value than the opinion of folks here no matter how many times people post here he is hurting athletics.
    How does Tech's smaller student body have anything to do with the "percentage" of contributing alumni? I think their alumni contribution participation is a credit to the long campaign they led to achieve a higher percentage.

  5. #25
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,852

    Default Re: GA State Fires Trent Miles

    Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    How does Tech's smaller student body have anything to do with the "percentage" of contributing alumni? I think their alumni contribution participation is a credit to the long campaign they led to achieve a higher percentage.
    Simply because they have less people to solicit. No argument with your point they do a better job of getting contributions.

  6. #26
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,770

    Default Re: GA State Fires Trent Miles

    When is the last time you were solicited for this specific need. Me, never.


  7. #27
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Well what is new??? Just keep adding to my posts words that are not mine---I listed the areas where we are improving in on a regular basis, and sorry you can't give ANY credit to a man your posts constantly knock

    but, if you can't see, (and I know it is almost impossible for you,) the things that have been done with the extreme budget cuts to higher education, you aren't in the least way being objective

    So go over my post and tell me where he is not performing!!!

    Your narcissistic head is about to explode. I took no stance on your post even though it's repetitive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •