Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The ball hit the front of one of our blockers helment, when he was turned around by one of GSU rushers. Blockers were line up to close to Coutts.
    #63 waited to block the guy that got in the way of the punt. He only needed to step up to make the block/get in the way and that doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I can't imagine Ray throws any worse than riles...if he keeps running like that he will have receivers that open to throw too. Either way Ray needs to be in the gameplan and on the field somewhere until he graduates.
    Its hard to make a passer out of a thrower. Dion, at this time, is a thrower. Of course he can improve this aspect of his game, but he'll have to work very hard to develop accuracy and touch.

I was very disappointed Jordan had that turnover. Not sure why they put him in at that point in the game, should have been Dion. But the turnover hurt momentum, could have been a game changer...lucky we were able to overcome that error. JD has worked on this throwing mechanics and IMO, has improved greatly....and he also has the wheels to take it to the house.

Don't get me wrong, I loved what I saw with Dion last night....but JD has better overall skills. Wish he would not have made that mistake last night because based on how we blocked and the play calls, JD could be the guy we are more excited about today.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Dion Ray...all goddamn day.
    WHat's going to happen when teams totally disregard his ability to not pass? GSU in fact came to that realization late and sacked him in a QB draw play.

He needs to be able to hit some short passes if he is going to be our every down QB, and even our occasional QB.

I was very saddened to see J Davis cough up the ball on his only play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I was very saddened to see J Davis cough up the ball on his only play.
    Especially since it really wasn't his fault. GSU player put his helmet right on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Especially since it really wasn't his fault. GSU player put his helmet right on the ball.
    Yeah, that's still his fault.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Yeah, he had time to prepare for that. It's on him as much as the defense.

Yeah, he had time to prepare for that. It's on him as much as the defense.
    He's also a young player who hasn't had a whole lot of playing time. The bigger point is it's hard to judge a guy based on just one play.

He's also a young player who hasn't had a whole lot of playing time. The bigger point is it's hard to judge a guy based on just one play.
    No doubt about it. I still think JD gives our offense the most options at stretching the defense. He just needs to grow up quick when given the chance.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

You are correct. He'll adjust to protecting the football better in traffic. That fumble had a lot to do with the tackler. I didn't judge JD one second for that play.

I am kind of pumped up that Hud allowed the offense to open up. No doubt... he didn't want to... or he would have already... but he had nothing to lose and really no choice. His desire to limit mistakes as rule number one has failed him. I can only hope this is the beginning of not just some offensive creativity... but a permanent brand of offense for UL. I think it's the catalyst to helping our program on a number of levels. He needs to go with this flow and not look back just because of snag here and there.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Just a lil note on player evaluation---always thought that Al Riles was a good player for the Cajuns but I think he has turned it up a notch or 2 and along with it, he seems to be the real leader of the offensive side of the ball!!!

I'm not judging him at all. I'm judging a play while you're making excuses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Just a lil note on player evaluation---always thought that Al Riles was a good player for the Cajuns but I think he has turned it up a notch or 2 and along with it, he seems to be the real leader of the offensive side of the ball!!!
    Yes, Riles is solid, keep giving him more touches. We seem to be relying on the jump ball a lot. The timing between QB and receivers still doesn't look great,still not enough seperation, but getting better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Riles has been "the man" since the season first started. If every player... and coach... had Riles engine and ferocity... we'd be the toughest team in the US to compete with. I've never heard Riles say a word... but I hear him loud and clear every game. If Hud and the staff aren't using his attitude as the example every game, they're missing out on a great opportunity. The guy is damn good... he runs like he stole something... he wants the ball on every down... he smashes into defensive players... he gets mad as heck when he doesn't go all the way to the house... he gets madder when he messes up. I love the Riles kind of player.

Blog Entries

Chill out Express... you're 1 degree off from agreeing with each other. That's almost like man hugging.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Yes, Riles is solid, keep giving him more touches. We seem to be relying on the jump ball a lot. The timing between QB and receivers still doesn't look great,still not enough seperation, but getting better.
    We did get some open shots for Jennings this time... and he took them. I can almost forgive our sideline jump ball throws... since we have some damn fine athletes on the WR side. If we keep working in slants and seam routes it is going to create some open receivers. I don't have much hope of any of our QBs being a "timing QB" in this stable. I do think the offense we ran this past weekend could unfold into what I think we were all expecting out of these athletes. Hud needs to stick with it.

Brett Favre's first pass in the NFL was an interception returned for a touchdown. By your standards, he never would have played another down.

Relax man. I never said he should start immediately, just that it's unfair to judge a player on one play.

Brett Favre's first pass in the NFL was an interception returned for a touchdown. By your standards, he never would have played another down.

Relax man. I never said he should start immediately, just that it's unfair to judge a player on one play.
    You clearly haven't read my comments on the fumble, or you lack normal comprehension. I started with it was unfortunate. I never complained about the fumble or suggested he not get playing time or start.

You were giving him a total pass. Claimed his lack of experience, and a good hit on the ball. I'm of the opinion it was a good hit, but he had time to secure the ball and that's clear in the replay.

You're the guy that should probably chill a little and improve your reading skills.

I had no clue the game this past week was Thursday, so I did not see any of the game.

Didn't read the whole thread but noticed comments about Ray being a RB playing QB. Would it be fair to say he is the poor mans Jalen Hurts? He's no where near a great passer, but is hell of a runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Riles has been "the man" since the season first started. If every player... and coach... had Riles engine and ferocity... we'd be the toughest team in the US to compete with. I've never heard Riles say a word... but I hear him loud and clear every game. If Hud and the staff aren't using his attitude as the example every game, they're missing out on a great opportunity. The guy is damn good... he runs like he stole something... he wants the ball on every down... he smashes into defensive players... he gets mad as heck when he doesn't go all the way to the house... he gets madder when he messes up. I love the Riles kind of player.
    With all the negativity surrounding the team right now, I want to take a moment to point out how much I appreciate Al Riles. By all accounts, an excellent overall dude. I've not had the opportunity to get to know Al, but it seems like he cares as much as the diehards do, and I appreciate how hard he plays and prepares. Need 50 of those guys.

You clearly haven't read my comments on the fumble, or you lack normal comprehension. I started with it was unfortunate. I never complained about the fumble or suggested he not get playing time or start.

You were giving him a total pass. Claimed his lack of experience, and a good hit on the ball. I'm of the opinion it was a good hit, but he had time to secure the ball and that's clear in the replay.

You're the guy that should probably chill a little and improve your reading skills.

Forget it, man. Whatever floats your boat.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast