Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 287

Thread: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,348

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    My initial thoughts:

    1. Very positive move in branding us as LOUISIANA and LA.
    2. We should NOT be telling anyone what NOT TO CALL US, only our preferred name.
    3. Dr. S needs to make sure that Bruno at ULM is aware of this and will not contest our use. That is important in getting the Sun Belt Conference to immediately begin calling us LOUISIANA.
    4. Dr. S needs to contact Benson at the SBC and demand our immediate recognition as LOUISIANA. Doubtful any other media will follow our request if our conference won't.
    5. We need to quit using Ragin Cajuns ONLY and start using LOUISIANA. Need to tie-in our moniker with our name.
    6. We now need to clean-up our logos using school colors and getting rid of the orange/yellow flames. See images below for examples.
    My initial thoughts:

    1. Very positive move in branding us as LOUISIANA and LA.
    2. We should NOT be telling anyone what NOT TO CALL US, only our preferred name.
    3. Dr. S needs to make sure that Bruno at ULM is aware of this and will not contest our use. That is important in getting the Sun Belt Conference to immediately begin calling us LOUISIANA.
    This has been done
    4. Dr. S needs to contact Benson at the SBC and demand our immediate recognition as LOUISIANA. Doubtful any other media will follow our request if our conference won't.
    This has been done
    5. We need to quit using Ragin Cajuns ONLY and start using LOUISIANA. Need to tie-in our moniker with our name.
    This is being done
    6. We now need to clean-up our logos using school colors and getting rid of the orange/yellow flames. See images below for examples.
    From what I've been told, expect a lot more FDL.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Well I for one hope we keep UL on the baseball unis and what not. I hope this (LA) is for the ticker on broadcasts and conference standings when abr's need to be used.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,348

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Well I for one hope we keep UL on the baseball unis and what not. I hope this (LA) is for the ticker on broadcasts and conference standings when abr's need to be used.
    The thing is, if we're selling the other parties on this because of ease of use, or less confusing, etc, wouldn't it defeat the purpose to have UL on the hats, and LA on the screen? Idk, just seems odd to me.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The thing is, if we're selling the other parties on this because of ease of use, or less confusing, etc, wouldn't it defeat the purpose to have UL on the hats, and LA on the screen? Idk, just seems odd to me.
    It would most definitely defeat the purpose and I'm very intrigued to see what unfolds. I for one would be fine with a 100% complete switch to Louisiana/LA but it would most definitely be bitter sweet.

    I'm also schocked this story hasn't received more traction on Ragin Pagin...it's a big deal!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It would most definitely defeat the purpose and I'm very intrigued to see what unfolds. I for one would be fine with a 100% complete switch to Louisiana/LA but it would most definitely be bitter sweet.

    I'm also schocked this story hasn't received more traction on Ragin Pagin...it's a big deal!
    Too much other stuff going on (Tigue, crappy football, 11am kickoffs)

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,348

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It would most definitely defeat the purpose and I'm very intrigued to see what unfolds. I for one would be fine with a 100% complete switch to Louisiana/LA but it would most definitely be bitter sweet.

    I'm also schocked this story hasn't received more traction on Ragin Pagin...it's a big deal!
    A few minutes ago, there were 271 people viewing this thread. It's a big deal.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,834

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    LA stands for Los Angeles to 99.9% of the people in this country. How in the world anyone thinks this will help our branding is beyond me. It'll make things even more confusing than they are today.


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,372

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A few minutes ago, there were 271 people viewing this thread. It's a big deal.
    Thats the right number tomorrow!!!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,332
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    This is HUGE!


  10. Default Cajuns Clarify Branding Standards for Athletics

    Cajuns get concise on what they are to be called when athletics are involved


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    LA stands for Los Angeles to 99.9% of the people in this country. How in the world anyone thinks this will help our branding is beyond me. It'll make things even more confusing than they are today.
    Whuh? The Los Angeles Ragin Cajuns? What does UL-LAF,UL-L,UofL@L,Lou-laf mean to everyone? What does UT mean to most? Does that hurt Tennessee? USC?doesnt hurt South Carolina. If people can't correlate LA with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns then we can't help those idiots...LA, you know the actual abreviation of the state of Louisiana

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,372

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    I can see the headline now, noone in an entire state receives mail, causes massive backlog at hollywood postal branch office,excess mail tossed into ocean, peta not happy


  13. #73
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post



    Let's see how well this works...
    Lmao.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,332
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Whuh? The Los Angeles Ragin Cajuns? What does UL-LAF,UL-L,UofL@L,Lou-laf mean to everyone? What does UT mean to most? Does that hurt Tennessee? USC?doesnt hurt South Carolina. If people can't correlate LA with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns then we can't help those idiots...LA, you know the actual abreviation of the state of Louisiana
    "LA" on every State road sign, and every letter and package coming or going in and out of Louisiana.

    LA is not confused with L.A.

    jmo

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,730

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    So is there gonna be an official announcement or press release or anything like that??


  16. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,372

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    So is there gonna be an official announcement or press release or anything like that??
    This thread doesnt do that?

  17. #77
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,038

    Alumni Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Whuh? The Los Angeles Ragin Cajuns? What does UL-LAF,UL-L,UofL@L,Lou-laf mean to everyone? What does UT mean to most? Does that hurt Tennessee? USC?doesnt hurt South Carolina. If people can't correlate LA with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns then we can't help those idiots...LA, you know the actual abreviation of the state of Louisiana
    You overlooked UL or UofL which 99.99% would identify with Louisville. LA won't be nearly as confusing. If they added this LA. It would be clear LA. we already use a - in the last La would of course be best of all.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    God's country
    Posts
    4,099

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Dear UL administration,

    I went to the DMV yesterday to obtain a plate for our project car. My last purchase, I gladly paid the $100 fee to obtain a plate with "UL Ragin' Cajuns" and the fleur de lies on it, and supported our university.

    Today's version had the generic "Louisiana" at the top with Ragin' Cajuns at the bottom, and the ever popular hot wheels logo on it. I understand the inmates no longer make embossed plates and all are now generically flat. WHY CHANGE THE DESIGN???

    With the generic "Louisiana" on all state plates, the message WE as supporters want to see is NOT there. Sorry, you guys missed another "minor" $150.00 (yes, it went up). It honestly saddened me not to buy it, but message is watered down or actually not there, much like your crawfish job vs ULM a few years back.

    Besides doing a press release, please grow a set and stand firm.

    Last edited by ZoomZoom; November 8th, 2016 at 07:18 am. Reason: Hope they also followed up with a call to Bristol

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Dear UL administration,

    I went to the DMV yesterday to obtain a plate for our project car. My last purchase, I gladly paid the $100 fee to obtain a plate with "UL Ragin' Cajuns" and the fleur de lies on it, and supported our university.

    Today's version had the generic "Louisiana" at the top with Ragin' Cajuns at the bottom, and the ever popular hot wheels logo on it. I understand the inmates no longer make embossed plates and all are now generically flat. WHY CHANGE THE DESIGN???

    With the generic "Louisiana" on all state plates, the message WE as supporters want to see is NOT there. Sorry, you guys missed another "minor" $150.00 (yes, it went up). It honestly saddened me not to buy it, but message is watered down or actually not there, much like your crawfish job vs ULM a few years back.

    Besides doing a press release, please grow a set and stand firm.
    Get in touch with Jim Harris about this. He will listen to you.

  20. #80
    HoustonCajun's Avatar
    HoustonCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,242

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My initial thoughts:

    1. Very positive move in branding us as LOUISIANA and LA.
    2. We should NOT be telling anyone what NOT TO CALL US, only our preferred name.
    3. Dr. S needs to make sure that Bruno at ULM is aware of this and will not contest our use. That is important in getting the Sun Belt Conference to immediately begin calling us LOUISIANA.
    This has been done
    4. Dr. S needs to contact Benson at the SBC and demand our immediate recognition as LOUISIANA. Doubtful any other media will follow our request if our conference won't.
    This has been done
    5. We need to quit using Ragin Cajuns ONLY and start using LOUISIANA. Need to tie-in our moniker with our name.
    This is being done
    6. We now need to clean-up our logos using school colors and getting rid of the orange/yellow flames. See images below for examples.
    From what I've been told, expect a lot more FDL.
    This supposed to be retroactive to Nov. 1. Just checked the Sun Belt Conference website. We are still UL Lafayette. Maybe just not enough time yet for the website correction. I will be curious to see how other SBC teams refer to us now. I would expect (hope) that Benson will put out a News Release in that regard to conference members and to the Media. This needs major Media attention. It will also be interesting to see how newspapers in Louisiana refer to us going forward.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •