Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 287

Thread: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,344

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Uhk this makes me hate Monroe even more than I already do


  2. #222
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Uhk this makes me hate Monroe even more than I already do
    One of my best friends is a big ULM guy. I have come to respect their point of view. There needs to be a middle ground between the University of Louisiana Ragin Cajuns (which is currently illegal) and ULL/Louisiana-Lafayette/Lafayette/UL-L/etc.

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Uhk this makes me hate Monroe even more than I already do
    It's pure BS. This is Bruno calling Savoie's bluff, knowing he'll cave. Monroe would be incredibly short sighted to get away from ULM. It's a recognized brand now. And to do it out of spite would be extra idiotic.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,344

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    One of my best friends is a big ULM guy. I have come to respect their point of view. There needs to be a middle ground between the University of Louisiana Ragin Cajuns (which is currently illegal) and ULL/Louisiana-Lafayette/Lafayette/UL-L/etc.
    But they have NO desire to call themselves Louisiana...they are only doing it to stop us from calling ourselves that. And calling ourself simply Louisiana is not illegal.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,344

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's pure BS. This is Bruno calling Savoie's bluff, knowing he'll cave. Monroe would be incredibly short sighted to get away from ULM. It's a recognized brand now. And to do it out of spite would be extra idiotic.
    exactly

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    But they have NO desire to call themselves Louisiana...they are only doing it to stop us from calling ourselves that. And calling ourself simply Louisiana is not illegal.
    Never said Louisiana was illegal. Never said they had a desire to call themselves Louisiana, just that they would, which I think MAT is correct, it would be out of spite.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,344

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Never said Louisiana was illegal. Never said they had a desire to call themselves Louisiana, just that they would, which I think MAT is correct, it would be out of spite.
    Exactly, that is why its bs.

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    The issue right now is two-fold. First, the SBC needs to be notified by Savoie, and they would honor that request if it does in fact come. As of right now, the SBC has only heard from the athletic department. Second, ULM has notified the league that, if the SBC were to accept our brand (Louisiana Ragin Cajuns), then they would brand themselves as Louisiana Warharks. The league cannot have two "Louisiana" teams.

    There is currently hope for some type of compromise, but that will be done between Savoie and Bruno. Its possible there could be some announcement before the end of the month.
    No compromise. ULM tried to brand themselves as Louisiana and gave up. They then requested ULM. That was granted. This does not oblige us to be ULL. We want Louisiana and LA. It's only fair.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    3,796

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame,_Indiana

    How about this, making campus a census designated place,call it louisiana, louisana, we may still be ULL but woukdnt be lafayette? Or could backfire to be ULLL


  10. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,462
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    The issue right now is two-fold. First, the SBC needs to be notified by Savoie, and they would honor that request if it does in fact come. As of right now, the SBC has only heard from the athletic department. Second, ULM has notified the league that, if the SBC were to accept our brand (Louisiana Ragin Cajuns), then they would brand themselves as Louisiana Warharks. The league cannot have two "Louisiana" teams.

    There is currently hope for some type of compromise, but that will be done between Savoie and Bruno. Its possible there could be some announcement before the end of the month.
    Someone is toying with you.

    12 years ago, UL went with Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. 12 years ago ULM dropped Louisiana efforts and went with ULM.

    If they haven't tried Louisiana again in all this time that we have been on using Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. They are not about to start now.

    ULM is a smooth brand.

  11. #231
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    I say call their bluff and let them waste money they don't have in an attempt to brand all their complexes with Louisiana logo. They would have to add a new turf, add signage. Not sure how much that would cost them but if they want to waste it, let em. We could end their program once and for all. They could Louisiana themselves into the Southland.


  12. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Someone is toying with you.

    12 years ago, UL went with Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. 12 years ago ULM dropped Louisiana efforts and went with ULM.

    If they haven't tried Louisiana again in all this time that we have been on using Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. They are not about to start now.

    ULM is a smooth brand.
    I agree with you. They haven't shown an interest in the Louisiana effort. That doesn't preclude them from doing it in the future out of spite. Im not an expert on this; I will leave the history to you. What happens in the future is yet to be seen. They might get bored one day and decide (again, probably out of spite) to try to brand themselves differently.

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    What if we paid them an annual fee? They need money, we want the name without a legal problem.


  14. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Flagship-Land
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    What if we paid them an annual fee? They need money, we want the name without a legal problem.
    to hell with that.

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,328

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    to hell with that.
    Im not saying I would like to, just given out suggestions.

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    What if we paid them an annual fee? They need money, we want the name without a legal problem.
    Name is legal, no need to pay anyone...grow a pair of nuts is what tjoe needs to do

  17. #237
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Checking basketball scores this morning in the Houston Chronicle. It shows McNeese St. 88 Louisiana 47. I assume they were playing Louisiana College. Our name debacle continues until Dr. Sndecides to take a firm stand on use of Louisiana and LA. It appears our recent press release or whatever the hell we sent out is being ignored by the media and by the SBC. What gives with the SunBelt? I thought MAT said Bruno at ULM was in agreement with our use of Louisiana.
    La College is often referred to as LOU on ESPN. Luckily since they're not division one that's not a regular occurrence.

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    2,479

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    exactly
    It seems someone commented on this thread yesterday regarding rumors of the captain seeing choppy waters and deciding to turn this ship back around...

  19. #239
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Broussard, La
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Maybe we should just change our nickname from Ragin to Accommodating Cajuns because that's all we seem to be doing. Who cares how the -fumble- Monrovians feel. Their identity issues has no bearing on ours.

    Call their bluff. There are two CFB teams with Carolina on the front of their jersey and no one bats and eye. Everyone says either Tarheel or Gamecocks and that's it.

    The Monrovian already tried this "me too" temper tantrum before. Deep down they know they would lose in a head to head name battle. No one will associates a Warhawk with Louisiana; esp when a pelican is the State bird.

    So its time for our Leaders to either push all the chips to the middle of the table or cash out. All this check, double check will just cause your backers to give up. Nobody will put their money behind someone they feel will never pull the trigger.


  20. #240
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    La College is often referred to as LOU on ESPN. Luckily since they're not division one that's not a regular occurrence.
    Still, the fact remains that an institution called Louisiana College does exist, and it has been around for a very long time. When you couple that with the fact that there is also a university named Lafayette that's been around forever, you've got yourself one heck of a mess for an institution who's official name is University of Louisiana ... at Lafayette.

    Let's change our name to University of Acadiana and be done with it.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •