Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RCAF passes 2 million dollar mark

Default RCAF passes 2 million dollar mark

Ragin' Cajuns RCAF Annual Fund Donations Eclipse $2 Million For Third Consecutive Year

For the third consecutive year in its eight-year history, the Ragin' Cajuns Athletic Foundation (RCAF) eclipsed the $2 million mark in Annual Fund donations for the 2016 Fiscal Year and is closing in on an all-time record, officials announced on Tuesday.

Default Re: RCAF passes 2 million dollar mark

This is another one of Farmers screw up... err... never mind.

Seriously, considering the economy down there in South Louisiana plus those who have withdrawn support because of Farmer and the performance on the field in 2015, Harris must be doing a hell of a job holding this thing together.

I am really disappointed in the conference situation, but I am happy that they are able to keep their head above water during these tough times.

An almost astonishing accomplishment given the local economics. Whoever is responsible deserves congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    This is another one of Farmers screw up... err... never mind.

Seriously, considering the economy down there in South Louisiana plus those who have withdrawn support because of Farmer and the performance on the field in 2015, Harris must be doing a hell of a job holding this thing together.

I am really disappointed in the conference situation, but I am happy that they are able to keep their head above water during these tough times.
    I know you're trying to be a smartass, but Harris indeed is making this a reality. No matter what Farmer tells you he deserves credit for, just remember, it's Harris.

The only credit Farmer can take is that his thumbing through resumes and influencing the hire didn't totally screw up the hire.

Just remember 70% of coaches salary is paid through RCAF .

Wrong, I am not trying to be a smartass. I did not give Farmer credit for anything, but if you do not want to read any opinion other than the company line, just use the ignore button. It works good, I use it for you except occasionally when I am reading a response to something I say. BTW, I have never even talked to or met Farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know you're trying to be a smartass, but Harris indeed is making this a reality. No matter what Farmer tells you he deserves credit for, just remember, it's Harris.

The only credit Farmer can take is that his thumbing through resumes and influencing the hire didn't totally screw up the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    An almost astonishing accomplishment given the local economics. Whoever is responsible deserves congratulations.
    It really is a big accomplishment given the circumstances. Harris must be doing something right

RaginScotsman is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That's some news many of us didn't expect to see. Good for the RCAF and it's team. Considering the state of things in South Louisiana, this is probably their most impressive effort to date.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    It really is a big accomplishment given the circumstances. Harris must be doing something right
    --No doubt that Jim Harris was a great hire so far---But again think of the reasons he was hired

He had to keep the RCAF growing which all thought impossible with this terrible situation we still face---Remember that this is the general fund, but remember that I had posted the Distinguished Donor contributions that weren't directed to the General Fund (ergo the capital tier work continues even into the 3rd level)

Harris was in charge of the eventual seating nightmares of the new stadia which I think have been handled as well as anything so crazy could have been done and in a VERY fair way!!! Backers have been given socials to meet and greet coaches, staff, and players

news letters have been sent out keeping us informed of athletic happenings

Also once these things and others have been accomplished, maybe more duties will be under his wing---and lastly let's not forget his staff and the names of Gerald Hebert, Steff Lotief, RCAF Board members, and others working behind the scenes!!! We keep moving forward!!!

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I thought the economy was the reason we chose not to purchase production trucks to produce our own sports programming, similar to what 98% of the other D1 Universities in the USA are doing???

Was I wrong? Was there another reason?

Congrats on the 2 mil!!!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    Your were wrong, we will be purchasing that with the winning lotto money. Come on Z, pay attention

I have a question: am I correct that this general fund money goes to pay the coaches supplimental salarys (like Hud's huge salary) and for normal ongoing expenses? I am just surprised that they were able to do this well with everything going on with the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    I thought the economy was the reason we chose not to purchase production trucks to produce our own sports programming, similar to what 98% of the other D1 Universities in the USA are doing???

Z

I bet it would be pretty entertaining to bring back the tread when UL announced hiring Harris. That was an epic RP meltdown.

Congrats to Harris and all RCAF donors!

Blog Entries

Harris deserves tremendous credit, but he still has work to do. UL is still over $200K behind last years numbers, so that is going to be tuff in this economy.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Most of the credit belongs to the long suffering Cajun fans. I am sure they are hustling business, but the fans not quitting IMO is why this held up. As much disappointment in FarmerBROWN has created in me, I am still upping my donations.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Most of the credit belongs to the long suffering Cajun fans. I am sure they are hustling business, but the fans not quitting IMO is why this held up. As much disappointment in FarmerBROWN has created in me, I am still upping my donations.
    No doubt fans deserve credit for keeping things going. There are over two months remaining so it is possible to get another 200 grand. Most of general fund money does go to coaching salaries and things like making travel easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I bet it would be pretty entertaining to bring back the tread when UL announced hiring Harris.
    Nope, as entertaining as a root canal. Having good fans going over the top at each other made for a bad ramp up to a bad football season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Harris deserves tremendous credit, but he still has work to do. UL is still over $200K behind last years numbers, so that is going to be tuff in this economy.
    T,
    How do we know Harris is responsible for these numbers? I want to give credit where it is due, but what's to say that this ship is on cruise control and farmer and Harris are on for the ride!

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    T,
    How do we know Harris is responsible for these numbers? I want to give credit where it is due, but what's to say that this ship is on cruise control and farmer and Harris are on for the ride!
    Farmer and T Joe are along for the ride. Harris is being moderately successful in spite of those two.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast