Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Is the victory bell ringing or did it ring at Cajun Field?

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Did not have a chance to watch last night, but it sounds like a dominating win by the good guys!!

Z

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    That was the best commentators I've heard in a long time. Very even on their discussions and respectful of both teams
    They were TxSt commentators, and while they were respectful, and did use our names, their overall delivery was boring. Of course that may be because they were depressed having to find something good to say about their home team.

IOW their delivery was sub par.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Memo Express, Jennings has been playing with a hurt ankle since he went down against South Alabama. He get's treatment every Monday and can't really plant on it to run up field. He hasn't been running well since. BTW, once UL settled down Jennings wasn't the problem with the penalties on the offensive line.
    I'll accept that T, but he clearly puts us at a disadvantage because of it. He's had many opportunities to escape and go upfield a good ways only to NOT go upfield or find a receiver to throw to.

If it's an injury so be it, but it limits what he does. And yes last night he basically did not attack the middle at all except for the one touchdown to Bradley that was a short pass that turned into a medium touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Wish I knew what was causing the off sides on defense---would guess a cadence vocal of different volume, but don't know!!!
    I'm jus a little upset about that. IMO that is just being too aggressive. The problems with the offensive line is far more troubling. To still not be able to run an offensive series without a motion, or line up penalty is simply not good football at this point.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    TxSt wasn't ready for change of pace. Kind of like putting in a fastball pitcher after a change up artist all night.

Jennings is slow, weak, and a very poor passer. Sorry but that's how I see him. Davis looked fast last year and still does.
    I agree that Jennings has not run well this year. Ankle injury may have something to do with it. As far as passing goes, I was disappointed in his miss of an easy TD early in the game. However 18 of 22 is efficient even if most of the throws are short. Had he "managed" the games against Tulane and NMSU the way he did last night we may have two more wins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree that Jennings has not run well this year. Ankle injury may have something to do with it. As far as passing goes, I was disappointed in his miss of an easy TD early in the game. However 18 of 22 is efficient even if most of the throws are short. Had he "managed" the games against Tulane and NMSU the way he did last night we may have two more wins.
    Agree Mike and the interception was off of Barnes hands. He played efficiently for the most part and managed the offense.

Yep, we should be 5-2 right now. Not to put both losses on Jennings back, but without those interceptions we won both of those games in regulation.
    As good as the defense is playing right now I could see this team winning the rest of the games -Georgia. The key will be for the offense not to screw it up.

cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Yep, we should be 5-2 right now. Not to put both losses on Jennings back, but without those interceptions we won both of those games in regulation.
    As good as the defense is playing right now I could see this team winning the rest of the games -Georgia. The key will be for the offense not to screw it up.
    The defense has put us in position to win all but 2 games this year. That's not gonna change. The offense is still atrocious.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Agree Mike and the interception was off of Barnes hands. He played efficiently for the most part and managed the offense.
    Jennings does just that for the most part, he manages the games. He's not a game changer. We just needs to connect on the routine throws when he had time. He missed a wide open receiver for a TD and the int was not his fault, but he was efficient. His goal is to nickel and dime down the field , maybe hit one or two throws down the field and not turn the ball over. He did that well last night. Honestly, he didn't need to do much against TXST.

Side note, I forgot how fast Davis is. He's a full gear faster than a Jennings, although that's not hard to do. Glad he got to get some touches.

Enjoy these next two weeks. We won. Comfortably. That hasn't happened too often recently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Jennings does just that for the most part, he manages the games. He's not a game changer. We just needs to connect on the routine throws when he had time. He missed a wide open receiver for a TD and the int was not his fault, but he was efficient. His goal is to nickel and dime down the field , maybe hit one or two throws down the field and not turn the ball over. He did that well last night. Honestly, he didn't need to do much against TXST.

Side note, I forgot how fast Davis is. He's a full gear faster than a Jennings, although that's not hard to do. Glad he got to get some touches.

Enjoy these next two weeks. We won. Comfortably. That hasn't happened too often recently.
    I'm thinking Jennings ankle has a lot to do with his lack of running. I watched him as LSUs QB. He can run...

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They were TxSt commentators, and while they were respectful, and did use our names, their overall delivery was boring. Of course that may be because they were depressed having to find something good to say about their home team.

IOW their delivery was sub par.
    ---What was the deal with the down and distance? Drove us nuts with nothing or the wrong graphic---Watched at Pete's and they had a bunch of TVs at all angles and good to here cheers when the Cajuns did well and not much from the other school's TV happenings!!! lol

basinbear is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I'm thinking Jennings ankle has a lot to do with his lack of running. I watched him as LSUs QB. He can run...
    Yep

Just saw where CAJUNS are a 5 point favorite vs open date....

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    FYI, fan of71 wins the score predictions thread!
    I'm humbled

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Just saw where CAJUNS are a 5 point favorite vs open date....
    See what a win does?

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm jus a little upset about that. IMO that is just being too aggressive. The problems with the offensive line is far more troubling. To still not be able to run an offensive series without a motion, or line up penalty is simply not good football at this point.

-I guess I am more upset about the defensive off sides calls than you because it has given short yardage infractions an automatic first down, it has given long yardage infractions makable first situations, It has kept opponent's drives going, kept the defense on the field for a longer time, changed momentum by negating a stop performance by the defense, and given field position advantage to the opponent

the chances of illegal movement before the snap with a quick play style no doubt increases the potential for these infractions and hopefully the number of penalties of this sort will be cut down as the season progresses

but, as you mention, the first and 15s are driving me nuts!!!

Would Eli and Jennings use that water pool thing in the APC to help their ankles?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast