Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Week 7 SBC Games

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Week 7 SBC Games

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I talked to a starter on the defensive side of the ball tonight, I will NOT give up his name. He said the locker room is divided and EVERYONE is questioning the play calling. He truly feels that if things on offense were ran differently this team would be over .500. He believes this team has more talent than just about every team on our schedule and it's being wasted.

With that being said we go 1-5 the rest of the way.
    We clearly do NOT have more talent at the coaching position.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Ragin' Cajuns Schedule, Remaining Games:

Oct. 22 @ Texas State
    Nov. 5 vs Idaho
    Nov. 10 @ Georgia Southern
    Nov. 19 @ Georgia
    Nov. 26 vs Arkansas State
    Dec. 3 @ ULM

Any predictions on how this plays out?
    W
    L
    L
    L
    L
    W

I talked to a starter on the defensive side of the ball tonight, I will NOT give up his name. He said the locker room is divided and EVERYONE is questioning the play calling. He truly feels that if things on offense were ran differently this team would be over .500. He believes this team has more talent than just about every team on our schedule and it's being wasted.

That's so frustrating for me to hear as a fan. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the players.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Best case scenario is 2-4, with wins over TX St and ULM. Most likely case is 1-5, beating one of those 2. Our inability to score is killing us. Our defense is playing well enough for us to have been 5-1 right now.

We could possibly beat GaSo, as they don't throw well and have been having trouble scoring, but their defense has been reasonably good, so I doubt we win.
    Our defense didn't play well enough to beat either Boise, nor Appalachia State.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Based on what metric does anyone think our talent is superior to anyone on our schedule. You rate them on production. Our signing day evaluation didn't say that, our all conference placements doesn't say that, and production doesn't say that.

I'm only giving so much credit to a biased, pimple faced kid.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Put it this way, if we don't beat TXST then you're realistically looking at a 2 or 3 win season. The 3rd win would be a surprise. This team needs a win to instill some sort of confidence to feed the abundance of talent we are told we have. You talk about make or break games. This game in San Marcos on the road is a game 7. Lose that versus a team that is as much in shambles as we are, then, well, we'll just see about 6 or 7 more Hud replacement threads. They wouldn't be unwarranted either. This coming from a big Hud supporter.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

And he would be right. Of course, we still have some RP geniuses that think the coaching is fine. It's all on the athletes. It is not on the athletes. This is some bad teaching.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Based on what metric does anyone think our talent is superior to anyone on our schedule. You rate them on production. Our signing day evaluation didn't say that, our all conference placements doesn't say that, and production doesn't say that.

I'm only giving so much credit to a biased, pimple faced kid.
    I'm far from pimples... and the kid is right.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Put it this way, if we don't beat TXST then you're realistically looking at a 2 or 3 win season.
    Idaho flings the ball around. Who can we defeat on the schedule after TXST with the team that showed up Wednesday night?

We can't stop beating ourselves with penalties, amazingly predictable play calling, blown DB coverage, and awful OLine. Unless this can be change, how are we going to beat anyone left on schedule? I don't see it, especially if he's lost the locker room.

TheFan is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Put it this way, if we don't beat TXST then you're realistically looking at a 2 or 3 win season. The 3rd win would be a surprise. This team needs a win to instill some sort of confidence to feed the abundance of talent we are told we have. You talk about make or break games. This game in San Marcos on the road is a game 7. Lose that versus a team that is as much in shambles as we are, then, well, we'll just see about 6 or 7 more Hud replacement threads. They wouldn't be unwarranted either. This coming from a big Hud supporter.
    Lose the Tx St game we won't win another game this year.

I spoke with someone who had a conversation with an offensive starter and that player said the very same thing. The coaches have lost the team again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I'm far from pimples... and the kid is right.
    Never the less, what metrics do you use to justify we've got all this untapped talent? I understand we like to think we do, but we don't. Our lineman are big and slow, slow in every respect slow to react slow to move. Our quarterback is inaccurate, the backup isn't competent or he would have kept this job. Yes we've got a great punter, and the Prophet is great if he had a offensive line. The defense cannot cover. They have vertical speed, but cannot use their hips. Happens all the time. Our receivers cannot separate from anyone.

Even though you no longer have pimples you are biased.

14. Default Saturday in the Sun Belt

Big day for Matt LInehan at Idaho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2