_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radio Broadcast

Default Radio Broadcast

Why is wednesday's game not being broadcast on 107.9? I think there was another game earlier this season I tried to listen to that was also on 1420 instead of 107.9. 1420 has a very limited broadcast range (not to mention horrible quality). Is there a reason for the change?

Default Re: Radio Broadcast

Probably because everyone will be either in attendance or watching on TV. So, if no one is listening to the radio broadcast, why does it matter if 1420's signal is horrible? Why envision what's happening when you can see it with your own eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Probably because everyone will be either in attendance or watching on TV. So, if no one is listening to the radio broadcast, why does it matter if 1420's signal is horrible? Why envision what's happening when you can see it with your own eyes?
    Also, you can listen on the app on your computer or iphone...ide imagine 99% of fans leftover have one of those.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

So a few thousand people get to turn their radio on to sync.

Blog Entries

I'll be in my easy chair for this one. Kids have school the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So a few thousand people get to turn their radio on to sync.
    Sorry, but I haven't listened to a UL football radio broadcast ever since, "It's a Spedale's Florist First Down!" Sickening. I think that was about six or seven years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjimbo View Post
    Why is wednesday's game not being broadcast on 107.9? I think there was another game earlier this season I tried to listen to that was also on 1420 instead of 107.9. 1420 has a very limited broadcast range (not to mention horrible quality). Is there a reason for the change?
    Where did you see or hear that it is not on 107.9?

VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Radio Broadcast

I have not listened to 1420 or any other Town Square station since Mr. Moon declared himself to be so vastly superior to the unwashed masses of faceless buffoons that he could no longer sully his image by hanging out on RP with us. I figure that if he doesn't want to be with us here, why should we assume he wants us there?

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I have not listened to 1420 or any other Town Square station since Mr. Moon declared himself to be so vastly superior to the unwashed masses of faceless buffoons that he could no longer sully his image by hanging out on RP with us. I figure that if he doesn't want to be with us here, why should we assume he wants us there?
    Damn skippy!

Things have gotten real negative over the failure of the UL Foundation to separate from the RCAF. More so than the football fortunes this season and last.

Cajun Fun posted some really good things that could separate us on the academic side like keeping pace with faculty salaries. I think efforts like that are a reason why the Administration won't move as aggressively as we want on athletic prominence.

To me that is why we don't hire a real pricey athletic director and a Steve Hale, push hard to get out of the Sun
    Belt, etc. During this year fan frustration has bubbled over.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjimbo View Post
    Not sure where you saw this. The media notes always say the game is broadcasted on ESPN 1420, but can be heard on 107.9 (only on the radio, not online).

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Sorry, but I haven't listened to a UL football radio broadcast ever since, "It's a Spedale's Florist First Down!" Sickening. I think that was about six or seven years ago.
    What's WORSE for me, is listening to STM football and hearing that teams have entered the "Corner Bar Red Zone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    What's WORSE for me, is listening to STM football and hearing that teams have entered the "Corner Bar Red Zone!!"
    Agree. It's pretty desperate when the guys who sell advertising for high school games resort to selling to bars. Really bad judgement. I guess sometimes the all mighty dollar rules. Sad.

Blog Entries

Are these jokers no longer taking phone calls in the post game show or is no one bothering to call in?

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I listened on 107.9......for three fkkn minutes. I was done after that.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Are these jokers no longer taking phone calls in the post game show or is no one bothering to call in?
    Heard some callers before I lost the station signal getting onto the basin bridge. Still don't understand how we have an AM station as our "flagship".

I listened to the entire show while driving back to BR. They took about 3 calls.

CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They took the calls they got. People are listening but not calling. Why would I crash the team. The game result spoke for itself.

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I listened to the entire show while driving back to BR. They took about 3 calls.
    I occasionally call on a Saturday game. Weekday games make that more difficult. There have been plenty of calls today on KPEL. Kevin Foote had several as did Jay Walker. Of course no one had anything positive to say and most are wondering what needs to be done to improve. Jay's answer was an obvious one-improve recruiting. Many will laugh at that as it so obvious. I will elaborate on that by saying they need to do a better job of bringing in guys that fit their system. Recruiting rankings are much less important than this need.

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Ah, a bar sponsoring high school sports...great marketing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast