Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

  1. UL Volleyball LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM



    Stacey Reilly led a quartet of Ragin' Cajuns in double digit kills with 21 as Louisiana defeated ULM in a five-set thriller (21-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-27, 15-13) to move to 2-0 on its current four-match homestand and return above the .500 mark in Sun Belt Conference play.


  2. #2
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,048

    Default Re: VollRagin' Cajuns Capture Five-Set Thriller From Warhawks

    Suck it hoax.


  3. #3
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,654

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Good day for our ladies yesterday as soccer and volleyball both win. Congratulations to all the fall women athletes who work hard but get little recognition. Good to see them get rewarded for their efforts.


  4. #4
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,332

    UL Volleyball Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Mike I'm sure they work hard, and do their best. These hard fought victories are so few in a season but are still not things to get excited about. When they start to challenge for a crown we can get excited. Right now they are challenging to stay afloat.

    Both volleyball and soccer coaches have a long and uneventful history here. Why do we keep such weak coaches? The results are due to practice and game day coaching weakness, or recruiting weakness. Some may say some of both. When are these coaches going to answer for the product they put out. We will again in 2017-18 see mediocre records, some still giving the coaches time.


  5. #5
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,332

    Default Re: VollRagin' Cajuns Capture Five-Set Thriller From Warhawks

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Suck it hoax.
    Really this is the Hoax, not Duke dude.

  6. #6
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,048

    Default Re: VollRagin' Cajuns Capture Five-Set Thriller From Warhawks

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Really this is the Hoax, not Duke dude.
    I thought a "suck it hoax" was obligatory anytime we beat them in anything. Am I wrong?

  7. #7
    Zeebart21's Avatar
    Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    17,588

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Ill bet the victory bell was rocking!!!!!

    Z


  8. #8
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,332

    Alumni

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I thought a "suck it hoax" was obligatory anytime we beat them in anything. Am I wrong?
    Many people complain about the Hoax, but treat them like a rival.

    To me, a victory over the Hoax is an expected event. On the other hand a loss is like a dead canary in a coal mine. That's time to take emergency action.

    The Hoax are not a rival to me.

  9. #9
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,654

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike I'm sure they work hard, and do their best. These hard fought victories are so few in a season but are still not things to get excited about. When they start to challenge for a crown we can get excited. Right now they are challenging to stay afloat.

    Both volleyball and soccer coaches have a long and uneventful history here. Why do we keep such weak coaches? The results are due to practice and game day coaching weakness, or recruiting weakness. Some may say some of both. When are these coaches going to answer for the product they put out. We will again in 2017-18 see mediocre records, some still giving the coaches time.
    I bet those young ladies who defeated the first place soccer team on the road did get excited when it was over. I was not inferring anything about the coaching staff of either program. That is a different story than just being happy for the athletes who tasted a little success.

  10. #10
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,332

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    I'm sure it would be exciting to them if they beat Fatima middle school. This is a fans board, not a player board. When they contend for a conference title I'll get interested. Right now there's playing to stay out the bottom third. A place they're most used to ending up.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,090

    Default Re: VollRagin' Cajuns Capture Five-Set Thriller From Warhawks

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I thought a "suck it hoax" was obligatory anytime we beat them in anything. Am I wrong?
    Yes it's obligatory.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,090

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Many people complain about the Hiax, but treat them like a rival.

    To me, a victory over the Hoax is an expected event. On the other hand a loss is like a dead canary in a coal mine. That's time to take emergency action.

    The Hoax are not a rival to me.
    They may not be a rival, but there's never not a good time to remind them of their obligations.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,602
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm sure it would be exciting to them if they beat Fatima middle school. This is a fans board, not a player board. When they contend for a conference title I'll get interested. Right now there's playing to stay out the bottom third. A place they're most used to ending up.
    Since there are apparently so many opportunities, negative comments could be reserved for after a loss don't you think?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Metairie,LA
    Posts
    3,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm sure it would be exciting to them if they beat Fatima middle school. This is a fans board, not a player board. When they contend for a conference title I'll get interested. Right now there's playing to stay out the bottom third. A place they're most used to ending up.
    You seem more excited and interested than most since you are one of the few to comment on these teams. Since 99% of your post are negative we all expect you to have a comment when our teams lose. I get it, every loss fulfills your narrative and makes you look even smarter. No one likes losing and I wish we had a better soccer and VB team, but the program will be judged on three thing: wins, graduation rate and $ it loses per season. Chances are the last two factors are the most important. That being said, if they continue to lose the coaches will not get their contract renewed.

  15. #15
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,654

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm sure it would be exciting to them if they beat Fatima middle school. This is a fans board, not a player board. When they contend for a conference title I'll get interested. Right now there's playing to stay out the bottom third. A place they're most used to ending up.
    Yes, this is a fan board. However, when some of our athletes experience success, I am happy for them and simply pointed out it was a good day yesterday in that regard. Nothing more, nothing less.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    You seem more excited and interested than most since you are one of the few to comment on these teams. Since 99% of your post are negative we all expect you to have a comment when our teams lose. I get it, every loss fulfills your narrative and makes you look even smarter. No one likes losing and I wish we had a better soccer and VB team, but the program will be judged on three thing: wins, graduation rate and $ it loses per season. Chances are the last two factors are the most important. That being said, if they continue to lose the coaches will not get their contract renewed.
    Thank you.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    OAK RIDGE, NC
    Posts
    3,558

    Default Re: LA Volleyball Captures Five-Set Thriller From ULM

    The Ragin' Cajun Volleyball team after starting out a woeful 1-10 to start the season with their only victory vs SWAC member Alabama A&M, the have won 6 of their last 9 games to move to 7-13. I know that sounds lackluster, but considering how bad the start of the season was, this is something to grow on. The UL volleyball team consists of 1 Senior, 5 Juniors, 5 Freshman and 6 Sophomores. That means we have 16 returning members eligible to come back next year and 11 of those are underclassmen this year. And with 6 of their last 11 games in Lafayette, this team has a chance to really improve its conference position.

    As far as Soccer goes, the Cajuns are in a 6 way tie for 3rd place in the SBC. That being said they have 2 back to back winnable games vs ULM, who is one of the teams tied with them at home and App State who is at the bottom of the conference on the road. If the Cajuns were to win both of these games, their is a strong possibility that they would be in 2nd place in the conference when they face Conference leader Coastal Carolina in Conway, SC on the last game of the season.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •