Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Conference Bragging

basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I disagree, I would like to see that happen. L or not, I guess it depends if they stay number one or not
    If you are competitive every time eventually you will win a few of those P5 games....but I'm not going to celebrate competitiveness, I expect competitiveness...

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Conference Bragging

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Playing teams close don't make the headlines . BEATING THEM does.
    I remember back to the days when we constantly lost to the "big schools" by a TD or less... and it was extremely frustrating. Oh how I'd like to have that happen again before I die.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    If you are competitive every time eventually you will win a few of those P5 games....but I'm not going to celebrate competitiveness, I expect competitiveness...
    This is worthy of framing...

I knew this was a boomer thread before even clicking the link

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It doesn't matter if we go to Tuscaloosa and play the Alabama Crimson Tide within 1 point. Whether we lose by 1 or 100, it's still a big fat "L" on the record column.
    I believe some of us mentioned that same thing when we had that moral victory against Kentucky in game 1 last year!! Oh my, that triggered some folks!! Safe spaces for all!!

Z

I think one point against bama, at their place with the biased refs would be a lot bigger accomplishment than a td shy of the ky

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    No polls for 4 weeks would prove the end of the mythical SEC superiority. As long as they are against it, ESPN will not push for it, and it will never happen.
    Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. While we are on the topic who pays for the expenses of the voting members of the CFP? Im guessing they dont get a true salary??

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    I knew this was a boomer thread before even clicking the link
    ---You can tell factual posts--and that is a good thing!!!

Unfortunately for the Sun Belt, the rest of the country looks at this conference as a joke. We currently have three teams (Texas State, App State, Ga Southern) who were in FCS just five short years ago with another one coming in next season (Coastal Carolina). We have two teams who didn't even have a football program within a decade ago (South Alabama and Georgia State). And now, our conference has made history as the first conference to have a team drop down to FCS (Idaho).

It's great that our teams are competing, but in the grand scheme of things, the information above is our national perception.

Unfortunately for the Sun Belt, the rest of the country looks at this conference as a joke. We currently have three teams (Texas State, App State, Ga Southern) who were in FCS just five short years ago with another one coming in next season (Coastal Carolina). We have two teams who didn't even have a football program within a decade ago (South Alabama and Georgia State). And now, our conference has made history as the first conference to have a team drop down to FCS (Idaho).

It's great that our teams are competing, but in the grand scheme of things, the information above is our national perception.
    But at least we will be able to accomplish all our goals.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    But at least we will be able to accomplish all our goals.
    If we can't EASILY accomplish all of our goals with the above facts that I just stated, then we have some serious problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2