Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conference Bragging

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Conference Bragging

Checking out the scores---the Belt has played 3 of the top 10 teams in the country close

- G State lost by 6 to Wisconsin---Appy by 7 to Tenn

Troy by 6 to Clemson---and South Al did beat Miss State

-yea yea yea they weren't wins but gotta give some credit to the performances!!!!~

Default Re: Conference Bragging

APPy and TENN was OT as well.

I would propose no OT in non-conf.... I would wager the stats favor the home team, which inevitably would be the P-5 over the G-5.
    they say home field is equiv to three points, so either leave as tie, or say the visitor won by 3???
    at least don't let TENN in a bowl if they go 6-6 thanks to that weak "W"

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Checking out the scores---the Belt has played 3 of the top 10 teams in the country close

-yea yea yea they weren't wins but gotta give some credit to the performances!!!!~

This message sponsored and approved by The Sun Belt Conference, Karl Benson, and his golf clubs. Together...we...RISE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

And UL?

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

and UL got slaughtered by Boise. We forgot that comparison.

Z

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    and UL got slaughtered by Boise. We forgot that comparison.

Z
    We didnt get slaughtered, I mean they're Broncos, we got taken for a ride.

So we crush SEC fans for doing this, but we'll do it now?

I'm going to puke. Did Farmer call you Boomer?

Btw, which one of you sweet hearts emailed Farmer the Pentathelm rankings? Probably one of the funniest things I've ever read!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    We didnt get slaughtered, I mean they're Broncos, we got taken for a ride.
    Us trying to keep up with Boise..

It doesn't matter if we go to Tuscaloosa and play the Alabama Crimson Tide within 1 point. Whether we lose by 1 or 100, it's still a big fat "L" on the record column.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It doesn't matter if we go to Tuscaloosa and play the Alabama Crimson Tide within 1 point. Whether we lose by 1 or 100, it's still a big fat "L" on the record column.
    And we still wake up on Sunday morning as Sun Belt members.. That's the bigger L

So to be clear, we should be bragging about how teams we play almost beat some other teams we don't play.

Playing teams close don't make the headlines . BEATING THEM does.

TheFan is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

But.... We all most beat Florida.

And it still resulted in a L.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    So to be clear, we should be bragging about how teams we play almost beat some other teams we don't play.
    makes sense, isn't that what the SEC fans do, when they root for BAMA in the CFP, and then claim themselves as the BEST as well

I disagree, I would like to see that happen. L or not, I guess it depends if they stay number one or not

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I disagree, I would like to see that happen. L or not, I guess it depends if they stay number one or not
    Would I like to be competitive? Absolutely. If we were to play against a top 10 opponent and lose by a few points, I would be impressed and happy that we competed; but it's still a loss. We can't keep cutting ourselves short of expectations because that's what causes a negative perception with our teams and our conference. We could play 12 games against top 25 teams and lose by a single point every game, but guess what? The only thing that people will see is "0-12."

I really have no faith in the polls anymore to say what is a top ten opponent or not. did Wisconsin really beat the number five team? even though they are still listed as having two top ten wins so far this season. it doesn't seem to work that way in hoops, what is a quality win is judged at the end.

SEC is well on pace to have double digit number of teams drop out of the top ten yet again, why are they falsely being placed there to begin with. and how much "perception" are they unfairly gaining, as well as recruits who may commit early while they had that "ranking"

Outside of the cave, in the bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I really have no faith in the polls anymore to say what is a top ten opponent or not. did Wisconsin really beat the number five team? even though they are still listed as having two top ten wins so far this season. it doesn't seem to work that way in hoops, what is a quality win is judged at the end.

SEC is well on pace to have double digit number of teams drop out of the top ten yet again, why are they falsely being placed there to begin with. and how much "perception" are they unfairly gaining, as well as recruits who may commit early while they had that "ranking"
    No polls for 4 weeks would prove the end of the mythical SEC superiority. As long as they are against it, ESPN will not push for it, and it will never happen.

I don't care what our conference mates do.

I only care for them to beat the teams on their schedule after we beat them.

Except for the Hoax.

They can all die in a fire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast