Page 100 of 120 FirstFirst ... 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2386

Thread: The Construction Chronicles of Russo Park

Default Re: Construction Cam is Up!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The illustration suggests screening with baseball themes IMO
    There are other illustrations that show nothing and I believe that will be what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    There are other illustrations that show nothing and I believe that will be what happens.
    I could live with that, but would prefer to see the screens.

But, there are 2 x 4's along the bottom of each of the openings, and I wonder if anyone....especially helmut....could decipher what they are for? I mean, all that is there are the tops of the concessions, bathrooms, etc., so I guess they had to have them for the workers and wil not be necessary once construction is done?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I could live with that, but would prefer to see the screens.

But, there are 2 x 4's along the bottom of each of the openings, and I wonder if anyone....especially helmut....could decipher what they are for? I mean, all that is there are the tops of the concessions, bathrooms, etc., so I guess they had to have them for the workers and wil not be necessary once construction is done?
    The 2x4s appear to be a temporary hand rail. It's required by OSHA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    What goes in all those openings on the second floor in front of ticket office?
    Fresh air

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Fresh air
    Put 10-12" Louvers there. Close those openings. It will look like crap if they don't.

I wish they would move the bottom camera.
    The brick wall is completed here.

Frenchie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I wish they would move the bottom camera.
    The brick wall is completed here.
    Been look at that brick wall for maybe 4-5 months now. It ain't moved yet. The wall that is.

Starting to remove scaffolding at the third base entrance this morning. Getting close to wrapping things up.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Starting to remove scaffolding at the third base entrance this morning. Getting close to wrapping things up.
    Doesn't the poured walkway in the view look very narrow? I'm assuming they'll have to have a much wider walkway. Also that looks like a good step up between the two poured slabs. I would have guess they have leveled this out as I thought they had a handicap ramp shown on the third base entry and this appears to be build to have a step.

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Doesn't the poured walkway in the view look very narrow? I'm assuming they'll have to have a much wider walkway. Also that looks like a good step up between the two poured slabs. I would have guess they have leveled this out as I thought they had a handicap ramp shown on the third base entry and this appears to be build to have a step.
    I doubt that it is a walkway, I would think it is there to help with erosion around the base of the stadium.

They aren't nearly complete with the pour. That narrow section allows them to be precise with the work adjoining the building and get their slopes started correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    They aren't nearly complete with the pour. That narrow section allows them to be precise with the work adjoining the building and get their slopes started correctly.
    Thanks. Based on that I'm assuming the levels will even out with the slope away from the stadium?

Thanks. Based on that I'm assuming the levels will even out with the slope away from the stadium?
    Yes. Slight slope to allow proper water drainage. The area to the right in the camera will be steps. At least that is what is depicted. It is that or they will have a railing at that location.

To a degree yes. If you notice the junction between the walkway and the brick wall does not follow the mortar joint in the brick. This is by design to minimize slopes for ADA access. There is a handicapped ramp to the right of the third base entrance. In order to insure proper drainage and HC access, these slopes need to be spot on and not greater than allowable maximums. I would assume that there has to be an ADA approved path from the ticket booth to the entrances. There appears to be some steps planned to the right of the view of the close up camera.

Also without getting jumped on, I love tree as much as the next guy, but these trees have to go and be replace with something other than oak which in several years will take over the front of the stadium again. And placed in a better area as to not interfere with the entrance.

All the scaffolding is down and you can really get a good idea of what the finished product will look like. I don't think there is much of anything to complain about because it looks pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    All the scaffolding is down and you can really get a good idea of what the finished product will look like. I don't think there is much of anything to complain about because it looks pretty damn good.
    Agreed.

As for the screens, I go back and forth on that; sometimes I think it will look to bare without them, but I also feel that it might be too much as depicted on the rendering.....kind of distracting, if you will. Maybe if they just make them solid covered, without graphics would work better. IDK

As for the trees around the ticket booth, I think they need to do something. I don't think any of the trees are oak though....there is the Magnolia that has another tree growing into it, but I don't know what kind it is....don't think it is an oak, though. There is a big oak across the street from the ticket booth, and more on the FB entrance side, but none around the Tigue. To me, if it is not an oak not much of a deal if they need to be cut. So IMHO, if they cut the one growing into the Magnolia the Magnolia would look a helluva lot better, and would look ok against the new structure.

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Did they shut the cams down? Looks like they've been stuck since last night

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Did they shut the cams down? Looks like they've been stuck since last night
    yeah, it seems they are frozen @8:03 last night. IDK if that is due to weather or some other issue, or if they are down for good.

Mine is showing the correct time this morning.

Page 100 of 120 FirstFirst ... 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 ... LastLast