Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Now this is how you run a fund raising campaign

Default Now this is how you run a fund raising campaign

UL is so far behind the curve with stuff like this...

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=21500

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Now this is how you run a fund raising campaign

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

Shhh!!!! We are still in the silent phase.

TheFan is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

UL Athletics fund raising has been in the silent phase for 30+ years...

The average donation for the new board is $620...you don't need millionaires to get something done, but you have to be transparent, offer something of value for the donation, and communicate where you are with the project. Having a drop dead date is so important so folks won't hold on to that donation thinking it can be given at a later date. Trust me, the economy in the Boone area and all of Western North Carolina is not much better than the economy in Acadiana.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The average donation for the new board is $620...you don't need millionaires to get something done, but you have to be transparent, offer something of value for the donation, and communicate where you are with the project. Having a drop dead date is so important so folks won't hold on to that donation thinking it can be given at a later date. Trust me, the economy in the Boone area and all of Western North Carolina is not much better than the economy in Acadiana.
    I think I stated that exact same thing about three years ago when we first started the "silent" phase for the Tigue. We're still silent.

Blog Entries

"Miami Hurricanes visit Kidd Brewer Stadium"

I thought games like this couldn't happen anymore.

Blog Entries

Gerald Hebert and Jim Harris are doing the best they can right now. But would you write Scott Farmer a check if he showed up with either and told you how he is working with Karl Benson on pushing CST and Raycom on the game times when ESPN sells them our games, and pushing for a more regional southern football conference instead of pushing for AAC or MWC membership?

VObserver is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Now this is how you run a fund raising campaign

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Gerald Hebert and Jim Harris are doing the best they can right now. But would you write Scott Farmer a check if he showed up with either and told you how he is working with Karl Benson on pushing CST and Raycom on the game times when ESPN sells them our games, and pushing for a more regional southern football conference instead of pushing for AAC or MWC membership?
    Not any more, T.

I wouldn't pizz on the man if he was on fire, much less give him a check for anything at this point...
    My point in posting this was to show how far this peer school is ahead of us and the curve with a fund raising campaign to buy a new and larger tron, which having been to several App games in the last 4 years, is sorely needed. App has a person(s) on the university payroll who does this sort of quality work (webpage) and he isn't in the sid department.

I am still waiting for my 2016 RCAF sticker and plate, they can't even get that right.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't pizz on the man if he was on fire, much less give him a check for anything at this point...
    My point in posting this was to show how far this peer school is ahead of us and the curve with a fund raising campaign to buy a new and larger tron, which having been to several App games in the last 4 years, is sorely needed. App has a person(s) on the university payroll who does this sort of quality work (webpage) and he isn't in the sid department.
    Don't disagree, just making my point.

Better enjoy App St on our schedule for now. They'll be leaving us in the dust sooner rather than later.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They have avg. $608 per donor for their new (66' X 96') video board. They were asking for any amount. $33 was the asking amount to be recognized as a donor in their program. This is very simple. This is how much we need for the board and this is how much we have so far. Will you help. Nothing silent about that.

This really isn't that impressive. I mean, didn't you hear Scott Farmer on the radio the other day? When we win the lottery we will have all of the money we need to buy far superior items than this.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    This really isn't that impressive. I mean, didn't you hear Scott Farmer on the radio the other day? When we win the lottery we will have all of the money we need to buy far superior items than this.
    Still can't believe he made that comment...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I can. He is useless as an AD.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Four years ago he said if someone wanted to donate $8M we'd start on the Tigue right away. They were in the "silent" phase so didn't need to start a visible capital campaign as yet. Here we are four years later and we still are pretty silent.

Just sent the link to his sorry azz, via the "Ax Da AD" ....his personal hiding spot.

Geaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

"All gifts must be pain in full"
    ...none of this pledge stuff

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Better enjoy App St on our schedule for now. They'll be leaving us in the dust sooner rather than later.
    Sad but true. They're aggressive in fundraising and getting P5 schools to visit them. Meanwhile, we're waiting to win the lottery and a phone call.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast