_ _ _ _

Thread: Roydell Brown

Default Roydell Brown

I had already seen a few videos of this kid but stumbled across this one tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ssLj53jWEA

Default Re: Roydell Brown

He's got the hair, from the New Orleans area hopefully he can excite us like another with the same traits, EP that would be awesome.

Man, I can't tell you how much he reminds me of me when I was that age!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    He's got the hair, from the New Orleans area hopefully he can excite us like another with the same traits, EP that would be awesome.
    Looks like he's got the hops of another New Orleans native - goat Cajun dunker Dwayne Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Looks like he's got the hops of another New Orleans native - goat Cajun dunker Dwayne Mitchell
    My first thought was Mitchell as well. Dwayne was one of my all time favorite Cajuns.

He's going to bang his head on the rim one day...jeez he has some serious ups

Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I am wondering what type of overall player Brown will be. In all of his highlights I have never seen him shoot a perimeter jumper. You don't have to be great at that if you can help offensively other ways such as being able to take people off the dribble and then hit the open guy when the defense rotates. Also, what is his defensive IQ and how good is he at getting position for rebounds. No matter how high you jump, your rebound numbers will be average if you don't get good position. All of these questions are yet to be answered.

Frenchie35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I am wondering what type of overall player Brown will be. In all of his highlights I have never seen him shoot a perimeter jumper. You don't have to be great at that if you can help offensively other ways such as being able to take people off the dribble and then hit the open guy when the defense rotates. Also, what is his defensive IQ and how good is he at getting position for rebounds. No matter how high you jump, your rebound numbers will be average if you don't get good position. All of these questions are yet to be answered.
    My thoughts exactly. So he can jump and slam dunk....where else will he contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    So many questions like this is why I have tempered expectations for this season but also partly why I am excited about it. Who will be the guys who can step up and contribute. We know what we are getting with Wright, Washington, and Stove. We can pretty much say the same with Bartley. I think Davis and and Miller should be solid as well. Beyond that tons of questions like you posed for Brown, but these guys are going to have to play because of the 3 transfers sitting.

Man you guys are grumpy! Of course it remains to be seen if he can actually play the game well enough at the college level....it's still nice to get a leaper, those guys (if they can play) can really get the crowd into the game, and help make it a more fun atmosphere.

I have no idea how well he plays....but at the very least he has very little problem with gravity!