Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: More Fossil Censorship

Default Re: More Fossil Censorship

Quote Originally Posted by cajun goat View Post
    Actually I'll say one more thing. My dad was part of "The Greatest Generation" and he would take you to the shed for the way you "express" yourself! Now I'm done.
    My dad's dad was part of the greatest generation, and would call any man who doesn't defend his own opinion a simpleton and not fully deserving of the American air we breath.

This country is better now than the nostalgic "good ole days". That so called greatest generation was rife with segregationists. Our nation has its flaws, but it is still the greatest nation on earth in no small part through confronting and transcending its shortcomings. Our greatest days are ahead of us, thanks to many great men and women throughout our history who protested, pioneered, persevered and persisted in perfecting a bold dream. The same holds true for UL. Zeebart, I would be proud to sit next to you this Saturday and invite you to join me as I kneel for our nation's anthem (just kidding, I don't do that but it really doesn't bother me. What bothers me is people leaving hats on and walking, talking, texting behaving obliviously to the anthem.)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The greatest generation looks at you pukes and laughs.
    When did this greatest generation live?

Take hold the reigns of righteousness and never relent that the same may be said of us by our sons and daughters, that we live now, and may each subsequent generation in turn outdo the prior in perfecting that shared vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    This country is better now than the nostalgic "good ole days". That so called greatest generation was rife with segregationists. Our nation has its flaws, but it is still the greatest nation on earth in no small part through confronting and transcending its shortcomings. Our greatest days are ahead of us, thanks to many great men and women throughout our history who protested, pioneered, persevered and persisted in perfecting a bold dream. The same holds true for UL. Zeebart, I would be proud to sit next to you this Saturday and invite you to join me as I kneel for our nation's anthem (just kidding, I don't do that but it really doesn't bother me. What bothers me is people leaving hats on and walking, talking, texting behaving obliviously to the anthem.)
    To the earliest of times and going forward, there has always been suppression in all societies. Today is no different. Back then, it was so horrible. People slept with their windows open. Left their cars unlocked, and heavens forbid, the windows down. Children could walk home to and from school without parental supervision. Child molester, wife beater...take him out back and deal with him. That worked better than the court system. Men came back from WW2 and moved on. I did not learn what my father saw until right before he died. I then understood why he did not hunt or fish. Scooping human chum for days does that to you, but he never had to share his "feelings" or take it out on anyone.

IF NOT for the greatest generation, we probably would not be having this discussion, and if we were, it would not be in English. Pray we don't have to go to war today with the PC leadership we have. America does not have the stomach for flat out war like WW2. But those who hate us do.
    Last edited by ZoomZoom; September 13th, 2016 at 12:37 pm. Reason: Sorry for the hijack

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    My dad's dad was part of the greatest generation, and would call any man who doesn't defend his own opinion a simpleton and not fully deserving of the American air we breath.
    You are a liar and a punk. The greatest generation would not have an opinion like you and MadTown so there would be nothing to defend.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

HAHA! Only if you allowed me to bring the crudite'? The kneeling isnt my thing, but you and I are on point for the rest.
    I wont make the game, but you enjoy yourself.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We wonder why this country is in a sad state of affairs? Exhibit A. Whether you agree with profanity or not, it's part of expression. If your OPINION is against it fine. If your "sensibilities" are bothered by words, you are just as ridiculous as the people you are calling immature, stupid, childish, etc. if you're offended enough to complain, and throw a fit over WORDS, posted on a fan forum, you're looking for something to complain about. Any moron that compares the term pussIEfucation to discrimination of mother and daughters is a certifiable gas bag.

The greatest generation looks at you pukes and laughs.
    You have no right to speak for the greatest generation. I read your stuff you think you speak for everybody, you don't

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    To the earliest of times and going forward, there has always been suppression in all societies. Today is no different. Back then, it was so horrible. People slept with their windows open. Left their cars unlocked, and heavens forbid, the windows down. Children could walk home to and from school without parental supervision. Child molester, wife beater...take him out back and deal with him. That worked better than the court system. Men came back from WW2 and moved on. I did not learn what my father saw until right when he died. I then understood why he did not hunt or fish. Scooping human chum for days does that to you, but he never had to share his "feelings" or take it out on anyone.

IF NOT for the greatest generation, we probably would not be having this discussion, and if we were, it would not be in English. Pray we don't have to go to war today with the PC leadership we have. America does not have the stomach for flat out war like WW2. But those who hate us do.
    Well my grandfather came back from war, drank and then blew his brains out with a shotgun. It would have been nice if he was able to share his "feelings".

I agree 100% with your last paragraph but your first one is way off base in my opinion.

Agree but with class my friend and without all the name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by CockyCajun View Post
    You are a liar and a punk. The greatest generation would not have an opinion like you and MadTown so there would be nothing to defend.
    Are we talking America's Greatest Generation, or Germany? Then again...it was hell to be Japanese during the Greatest Generation...wasn't it?

You don't like what I'm saying...the ignore button will set your punk ___ free. All you have to do is resign yourself that your clouded generalization of a by gone era is your own...and it means nothing to anyone. Nothing. Ignore me...and stop making yourself look the complete and utter fool.

What am I to do with you censorship fools? Benjamin Franklin edited or as you would say CENSORED Thomas Jefferson's words in the Declaration of Independence. No law ever gets passed without words being edited against someone's will. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    HAHA! Only if you allowed me to bring the crudite'? The kneeling isnt my thing, but you and I are on point for the rest.
    I wont make the game, but you enjoy yourself.

Z
    Thanks man. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun goat View Post
    Agree but with class my friend and without all the name calling.
    Not with this Cajun/Irish blood coursing through my veins. Coursing is a rough approximation...my bloods prefers to mosey rather than course. I come from a family of hotheads who can be in each others faces, and then asking them whats for dinner 5 seconds later. I grew up knowing that stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Any name calling I do is always upon provocation. You won't find many instances of that being unprovoked, and if you do it's because of prior history or complete lack of respect of that poster in general.

I have class, and I will pull punches if I feel the situation warrants it. My grandfather always told me, "A Guidry shows their class by showing up in the first place." If I though this place was beneath me I wouldn't ____ing be here, same goes for if I thought it was above me. This is an internet message board. Class is a broad spectrum. We shouldn't have to show up each day, bow to each other, murmur "good day" to each other. We are all grown ___ adults, we all have jobs, families, responsibilities that we cannot treat like an internet message board. Now I've crossed the line several times...cause it will happen...and I've taken ownership of that every single time. I'm not a child, I don't need my hand held, I don't need to be told whether I can be this or that here. I'm just me. If that is not enough, you can use the ignore button.

Quote Originally Posted by CockyCajun View Post
    You have no right to speak for the greatest generation. I read your stuff you think you speak for everybody, you don't
    I speak for myself. Just so happens that there are still some men left in this place. Get over it, turd.

Blog Entries

Good Lord, you truly are a leftist revisionist! So on one hand you demean the behavior of several people on this site for their lack of civility, vulgarity and accuse them of being misogynist, and on the other hand you whitewash an entire generation as segregationist and racist! Perhaps someone should have told my grandfather he was a racist when he was one of two whites in his community that helped rebuild his black neighbors barn after local Klu Klux Klan members burned it to the ground, and did so at great risk to his own family. You see, his generation and my father's that served in WWII and the Korean War rebuilt an entire country and paid for the rebuilding Europe, supported their own children and parents to the very end, and did so without demanding the government do these things for them. They joined with family and others in their community to make it through a world depression, without burning down communities, shooting police officers and demanding that their government reimburse them for their sacrifices, hunger, lack of jobs and poor healthcare.

Unlike their offspring that spent most of the 60's protesting, burning communities and blowing up police stations, they rebuilt an entire country and not destroy it from within. So by all means please give me this generation all day long, sins and all over the burnout 60's groupies that are running this country into the ground, and help create their own little spin off of anti-social minions and anarchist. This entire mindset and leftist movement is any thing but civil or ingratiating in manner.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Well my grandfather came back from war, drank and then blew his brains out with a shotgun. It would have been nice if he was able to share his "feelings".

I agree 100% with your last paragraph but your first one is way off base in my opinion.
    Sent you a PM.

Not with this Cajun/Irish blood coursing through my veins. Coursing is a rough approximation...my bloods prefers to mosey rather than course. I come from a family of hotheads who can be in each others faces, and then asking them whats for dinner 5 seconds later. I grew up knowing that stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Any name calling I do is always upon provocation. You won't find many instances of that being unprovoked, and if you do it's because of prior history or complete lack of respect of that poster in general.

I have class, and I will pull punches if I feel the situation warrants it. My grandfather always told me, "A Guidry shows their class by showing up in the first place." If I though this place was beneath me I wouldn't ____ing be here, same goes for if I thought it was above me. This is an internet message board. Class is a broad spectrum. We shouldn't have to show up each day, bow to each other, murmur "good day" to each other. We are all grown ___ adults, we all have jobs, families, responsibilities that we cannot treat like an internet message board. Now I've crossed the line several times...cause it will happen...and I've taken ownership of that every single time. I'm not a child, I don't need my hand held, I don't need to be told whether I can be this or that here. I'm just me. If that is not enough, you can use the ignore button.
    We agree on almost everything. I have been called a hothead hundreds of times. My problem is when name calling is used against fellow Cajun Fans for having a different opinion. Sorry but ManAboutTime needs to understand that he isn't always right and calling people names only hurts to support his opinion. He reminds me of me when I was younger, full of himself and out to prove everyone wrong who disagrees with him. Age and experience helped me realize how I missed out on so much because I only wanted to put people in their place instead of listening to an opposing view.

Of course you would make light of selfish, phony millionaires insulting the best among us with their PC social justice BS. What have you done to serve this county Penhead?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post

My Mom's dad did the same. Know how you feel.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast