Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scores from belt

wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Scores from belt

Not Belt, but unbelievable finish by Central Michigan to beat OK State on a Hail Mary with a lateral

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ce...y-l-1786479279

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Didn't miss any point. His point was Troy can hang with Clem and we got blown out by Boise therefore we will get killed by Troy.
    It doesn't work that way.
    Ok. got ya. I agree the ole they beat us and we lose to them argument isnt valid. Troy will beat our AZZ because they have a better team and coach.

RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Not Belt, but unbelievable finish by Central Michigan to beat OK State on a Hail Mary with a lateral
    That was incredible. I turned off that game too. I wish I could have seen that live.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Ok. got ya. I agree the ole they beat us and we lose to them argument isnt valid. Troy will beat our AZZ because they have a better team and coach.
    Troys. D is solid...

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Who's their coach now anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Troy forced a fumble on the goal line and refs said they blew it before fumble. Can't get a review on the play. I'm not sure if it's reviewable. I know down by contact is but not sure on forward progress. Clemson scores to go up 10 next play
    The whistle did not come until the Troy defender had the ball (between the 10 and 15 yard line) running the other way. Now, it is arguable that the runner's forward progress had been stopped, but the whistle had not blown (not even close) and the Clemson OL was still nudging their ball carrier forward in the pile when the fumble occurred.

Obvious mistake by the officiating crew.

Brian

Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Scores from belt

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    The whistle did not come until the Troy defender had the ball (between the 10 and 15 yard line) running the other way. Now, it is arguable that the runner's forward progress had been stopped, but the whistle had not blown (not even close) and the Clemson OL was still nudging their ball carrier forward in the pile when the fumble occurred.

Obvious mistake by the officiating crew.

Brian
    not so obvious, but definitely egregious was the officiating mistake made by the crew of the cmu v. ok st. game at the end, enabling cmu to score the winning td.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    not so obvious, but definitely egregious was the officiating mistake made by the crew of the cmu v. ok st. game at the end, enabling cmu to score the winning td.
    It's awesome when it helps a G5 team take down a P5. Lord knows it goes the other way 99% of the time.

cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Who's their coach now anyway?
    Neal Brown

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    I didnt see what happened and keep hearing about this officiating mistake. What happened exactly?

The MAC officials gave CMU another play because the game could not end on an offensive penalty. That is wrong as the game should end on an offensive penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    I didnt see what happened and keep hearing about this officiating mistake. What happened exactly?
    It was a rule interpretation... never should have been an untimed down...

What I don't get is, since it was the last play of the game, why can't the NCAA rule that the play never should have happened, and rule that the game was over, awarding the win to OKST?

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post

What I don't get is, since it was the last play of the game, why can't the NCAA rule that the play never should have happened, and rule that the game was over, awarding the win to OKST?
    Pandora's box. That opens a ugly can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post

And Vegas already paid out...

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Pandora's box. That opens a ugly can of worms.
    Agree but.....

A clear mistake, easy to fix....they leave the result. A coach commits violations that the ncaa themselves say the school wasn't behind.....vacate games as if they never happened. On the one hand what happened on the field is permanent once the game ends, on the other it's not. Stupid.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Agree but.....

A clear mistake, easy to fix....they leave the result. A coach commits violations that the ncaa themselves say the school wasn't behind.....vacate games as if they never happened. On the one hand what happened on the field is permanent once the game ends, on the other it's not. Stupid.
    Agreed, but one is to punish and the other just too damn bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Agreed, but one is to punish and the other just too damn bad.
    Yeah I get that. But the perp isn't punished, and the punishment is illogical. The games happened. Can't un ring the bell. The idea is stupid. Find another punishment.

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

They'll never give you the I didn't know defense. That's not on the drawing board. This makes sure institutions do all they can to curtail rogue coaches.

Default Sun Belt Recap: Georgia Southern Gets League Win, Troy Pulls Near-Upset

App State, NMSU notch OOC wins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2