Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Scores from belt

  1. #21
    wcd35's Avatar
    wcd35 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,014

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    Not Belt, but unbelievable finish by Central Michigan to beat OK State on a Hail Mary with a lateral

    http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ce...y-l-1786479279


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    broussard,la
    Posts
    4,770
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Didn't miss any point. His point was Troy can hang with Clem and we got blown out by Boise therefore we will get killed by Troy.
    It doesn't work that way.
    Ok. got ya. I agree the ole they beat us and we lose to them argument isnt valid. Troy will beat our AZZ because they have a better team and coach.

  3. #23
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Not Belt, but unbelievable finish by Central Michigan to beat OK State on a Hail Mary with a lateral
    That was incredible. I turned off that game too. I wish I could have seen that live.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Ok. got ya. I agree the ole they beat us and we lose to them argument isnt valid. Troy will beat our AZZ because they have a better team and coach.
    Troys. D is solid...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Ok. got ya. I agree the ole they beat us and we lose to them argument isnt valid. Troy will beat our AZZ because they have a better team and coach.
    Who's their coach now anyway?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    5,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Troy forced a fumble on the goal line and refs said they blew it before fumble. Can't get a review on the play. I'm not sure if it's reviewable. I know down by contact is but not sure on forward progress. Clemson scores to go up 10 next play
    The whistle did not come until the Troy defender had the ball (between the 10 and 15 yard line) running the other way. Now, it is arguable that the runner's forward progress had been stopped, but the whistle had not blown (not even close) and the Clemson OL was still nudging their ball carrier forward in the pile when the fumble occurred.

    Obvious mistake by the officiating crew.

    Brian

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Deep in the Ouachita Mountains Hot Springs Village, Ark
    Posts
    1,683

    Ragin' Cajuns Re: Scores from belt

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    The whistle did not come until the Troy defender had the ball (between the 10 and 15 yard line) running the other way. Now, it is arguable that the runner's forward progress had been stopped, but the whistle had not blown (not even close) and the Clemson OL was still nudging their ball carrier forward in the pile when the fumble occurred.

    Obvious mistake by the officiating crew.

    Brian
    not so obvious, but definitely egregious was the officiating mistake made by the crew of the cmu v. ok st. game at the end, enabling cmu to score the winning td.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    not so obvious, but definitely egregious was the officiating mistake made by the crew of the cmu v. ok st. game at the end, enabling cmu to score the winning td.
    It's awesome when it helps a G5 team take down a P5. Lord knows it goes the other way 99% of the time.

  9. #29
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,149

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Who's their coach now anyway?
    Neal Brown

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    not so obvious, but definitely egregious was the officiating mistake made by the crew of the cmu v. ok st. game at the end, enabling cmu to score the winning td.
    I didnt see what happened and keep hearing about this officiating mistake. What happened exactly?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    The MAC officials gave CMU another play because the game could not end on an offensive penalty. That is wrong as the game should end on an offensive penalty.


  12. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    I didnt see what happened and keep hearing about this officiating mistake. What happened exactly?
    It was a rule interpretation... never should have been an untimed down...

    What I don't get is, since it was the last play of the game, why can't the NCAA rule that the play never should have happened, and rule that the game was over, awarding the win to OKST?

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    It was a rule interpretation... never should have been an untimed down...

    What I don't get is, since it was the last play of the game, why can't the NCAA rule that the play never should have happened, and rule that the game was over, awarding the win to OKST?
    Pandora's box. That opens a ugly can of worms.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    12,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    It was a rule interpretation... never should have been an untimed down...

    What I don't get is, since it was the last play of the game, why can't the NCAA rule that the play never should have happened, and rule that the game was over, awarding the win to OKST?
    And Vegas already paid out...

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,683

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Pandora's box. That opens a ugly can of worms.
    Agree but.....

    A clear mistake, easy to fix....they leave the result. A coach commits violations that the ncaa themselves say the school wasn't behind.....vacate games as if they never happened. On the one hand what happened on the field is permanent once the game ends, on the other it's not. Stupid.

  16. #36
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Agree but.....

    A clear mistake, easy to fix....they leave the result. A coach commits violations that the ncaa themselves say the school wasn't behind.....vacate games as if they never happened. On the one hand what happened on the field is permanent once the game ends, on the other it's not. Stupid.
    Agreed, but one is to punish and the other just too damn bad.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,683

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Agreed, but one is to punish and the other just too damn bad.
    Yeah I get that. But the perp isn't punished, and the punishment is illogical. The games happened. Can't un ring the bell. The idea is stupid. Find another punishment.

  18. #38
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,779

    Default Re: Scores from belt

    They'll never give you the I didn't know defense. That's not on the drawing board. This makes sure institutions do all they can to curtail rogue coaches.


  19. #39

    Default Sun Belt Recap: Georgia Southern Gets League Win, Troy Pulls Near-Upset

    App State, NMSU notch OOC wins.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •