Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19
Results 361 to 378 of 378

Thread: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    whats worse? keeping a unique look or another oversized bowled stadium we can't undo. Once you bowl it in you can't unbowl it lol People would rather try and get tickets to a game that is close to sold out or sold out vs a game that you can just buy tickets 15min before gametime. Its the appeal of the sale and fact that the environment is just better. You can use that same logic to the Cajundome. Why don't we just add even more seats to the stadium after this upgrade we are already doing now?....Lets just keep adding til the stadium capacity is 20k....because if we build it, they will come??? no.


  2. #362
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It was 15-14 after the first drive in the second half. Physical advantage means nothing when you turnover the ball.
    I expected more out of you Hawk. That game was never in doubt. We didn't play very well and still should have beat them 37-15. They finally decided to throw the ball downfield right after a scoring drive that took 5 plays where we ran it down their throats.

    Not to mention the whole failed Nixon attempt. How many times we gonna ____ up a scoring opportunity by pulling the QB who got you there.

    Defensively we were better than them. But our DBs are still "thinking" instead of reacting. They are in the right position majority of the time, but the game hasn't slowed down for them yet. So mentally they aren't their yet.

    We would have still been beaten by 45-10 by Boise this week too.

    But McNeese was a damn pasty who we let stay in the game. As far as defense is concerned. If we hold our opponents for the rest of the season to 375ish yards per game we will win 8 games.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    1,521

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Just put a white picket fence around the "UL" and have the UP eject anyone inside, including parent hell of a lot cheaper than bowling the endzone


  4. #364
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    whats worse? keeping a unique look or another oversized bowled stadium we can't undo. Once you bowl it in you can't unbowl it lol People would rather try and get tickets to a game that is close to sold out or sold out vs a game that you can just buy tickets 15min before gametime. Its the appeal of the sale and fact that the environment is just better. You can use that same logic to the Cajundome. Why don't we just add even more seats to the stadium after this upgrade we are already doing now?....Lets just keep adding til the stadium capacity is 20k....because if we build it, they will come??? no.
    I would actually like to see matching upper decks that seat about 5k each. The suites alone is worth the expansion. I'm not talking about 50k in seats. But 43-45k is where we should be.

    With that being said, we have to have an administration that is willing to fully commit to athletics. Quit playing lip service and bust your rears to get into the AAC or MWC or the soon to be scheduling alliance among G5 programs.

    All that takes is vision. But right now our vision is about 20/500.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,031
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    whats worse? keeping a unique look or another oversized bowled stadium we can't undo. Once you bowl it in you can't unbowl it lol People would rather try and get tickets to a game that is close to sold out or sold out vs a game that you can just buy tickets 15min before gametime. Its the appeal of the sale and fact that the environment is just better. You can use that same logic to the Cajundome. Why don't we just add even more seats to the stadium after this upgrade we are already doing now?....Lets just keep adding til the stadium capacity is 20k....because if we build it, they will come??? no.
    No problem with your point in not adding seating in the north end zone. But how exactly do you raise demand for tickets in the SBC? We couldn't get more than 23,000 for a Boise State game and added 3,000 more for McNeese State because of the number their fans bought. The largest crowd in the Hudspeth era has been Southern, it just don't see the demand coming any time soon. Outside of playing for a conference championship at Cajun Field, I just don't see any need for new seating and certainly don't see an increase in demand with our home scheduling.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No problem with your point in not adding seating in the north end zone. But how exactly do you raise demand for tickets in the SBC? We couldn't get more than 23,000 for a Boise State game and added 3,000 more for McNeese State because of the number their fans bought. The largest crowd in the Hudspeth era has been Southern, it just don't see the demand coming any time soon. Outside of playing for a conference championship at Cajun Field, I just don't see any need for new seating and certainly don't see an increase in demand with our home scheduling.
    That is a great question but I know for a fact adding more seats isn't the answer. Winning cures all but other than that the marketing and branding needs to get better. These things generate hype and a good culture that we need. The victory bell is a good start. Up next, organizing exciting promos including hype videos, coaches and athletic personnel being involved ON CAMPUS. It wouldn't hurt some of the coaches to ride around in a golf cart and socialize with students on campus. Create an excitement for the next game and its a snowball effect. And of course moving into a better conference.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I would actually like to see matching upper decks that seat about 5k each. The suites alone is worth the expansion. I'm not talking about 50k in seats. But 43-45k is where we should be.

    With that being said, we have to have an administration that is willing to fully commit to athletics. Quit playing lip service and bust your rears to get into the AAC or MWC or the soon to be scheduling alliance among G5 programs.

    All that takes is vision. But right now our vision is about 20/500.
    I think that is a realistic and exciting option. Matching decks would look great and suites could bring in more money. Our deck needs to be redone so good timing to produce matching decks. I like the drafts of what our new press box could look like

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    16,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    bowling in the other side is DUMBEST IDEA EVER. Can we stop with that. We can't even get 30k to come see arguably one of the best teams to come to cajun field or an old intense rivalry game. Seats already are empty. We need to create a supply-demand type model that will encourage people to get seats and come to the games
    I don't know about dumbest ever but I like the U and I like the Levee.

    Ask any successful restaurant, is better to look full than empty.

    A lot of restaurants that were raking it in when small, added seating and looked empty then had to close.

    Same principle.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know about dumbest ever but I like the U and I like the Levee.

    Ask any successful restaurant, is better to look full than empty.

    A lot of restaurants that were raking it in when small, added seating and looked empty then had to close.

    Same principle.
    The hourshoe is pretty cool and that's exactly my point

  10. #370
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,332

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know about dumbest ever but I like the U and I like the Levee.

    Ask any successful restaurant, is better to look full than empty.

    A lot of restaurants that were raking it in when small, added seating and looked empty then had to close.

    Same principle.

    YOGI-"No body goes there anymore--it is too crowded"!!!


  11. #371
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,299

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    I'm with not bowling. I'd much rather see them spend money on upper deck and make outside of stadium look more presentable.
    Added seats ain't going to help.


  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    8,031
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    That is a great question but I know for a fact adding more seats isn't the answer. Winning cures all but other than that the marketing and branding needs to get better. These things generate hype and a good culture that we need. The victory bell is a good start. Up next, organizing exciting promos including hype videos, coaches and athletic personnel being involved ON CAMPUS. It wouldn't hurt some of the coaches to ride around in a golf cart and socialize with students on campus. Create an excitement for the next game and its a snowball effect. And of course moving into a better conference.
    Caleb, we've won more games in a four years stretch and four bowl games than at any other time in our modern football history until last season. The victory bell is nothing but lipstick and a cheap diversion from spending money in the areas you suggested, MARKETING! But what do you expect from a small time operation that said we will get production equipment when we win the lottery. Outside of the local Sonics, Popeyes and McDonalds, this athletic and marketing department has no real concept of promotion and branding.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    3,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Caleb, we've won more games in a four years stretch and four bowl games than at any other time in our modern football history until last season. The victory bell is nothing but lipstick and a cheap diversion from spending money in the areas you suggested, MARKETING! But what do you expect from a small time operation that said we will get production equipment when we win the lottery. Outside of the local Sonics, Popeyes and McDonalds, this athletic and marketing department has no real concept of promotion and branding.
    👍🏻

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Caleb, we've won more games in a four years stretch and four bowl games than at any other time in our modern football history until last season. The victory bell is nothing but lipstick and a cheap diversion from spending money in the areas you suggested, MARKETING! But what do you expect from a small time operation that said we will get production equipment when we win the lottery. Outside of the local Sonics, Popeyes and McDonalds, this athletic and marketing department has no real concept of promotion and branding.
    well up until beating an FCS team we were on a 5 game losing streak so it is hard to sell out cajun field. I do like the victory bell though (except it should have been louder), and I agree that marketing needs to get better. It's a group effort by the athletic department that needs to be all in!

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    God's country
    Posts
    4,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    Just put a white picket fence around the "UL" and have the UP eject anyone inside, including parent hell of a lot cheaper than bowling the endzone
    Martin Hall doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do that. I'd applaud them if they did that. But...

    Remember the Louisiana crawfish vs ULM 3 years ago? They don't have the stones.

  16. #376
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    If that is small time thinking then give me a job in Martin Hall. We aren't even sniffing 30k in a 40-45k stadium and are about to redo the 2nd deck.
    The second deck needs to be redone regardless of capacity. It's in bad shape

  17. #377
    cajun4life's Avatar
    cajun4life is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The second deck needs to be redone regardless of capacity. It's in bad shape
    I know it would be expensive, but I'd like to see the lower bowl redone to match the end zone seating.

  18. #378
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. McNeese

    Agreed


Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •