Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 283

Thread: DC: Melvin Smith Fired

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Hud got this. Don't worry fellas.


  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,054

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messenger View Post
    Hud got this. Don't worry fellas.
    You should be banned.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Hud pointing fingers. Melvin Smith prolly told him we needed to change the defense. Fired.
    +1

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,712

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    How many times has an FBS coordinator been fired after week one??? Something seriously wrong with this well beyond the issues on the field Saturday.


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Our crew saw coach smith stumbling through the same exact track that the Cajun walk did about a 1/2 hour after the team walked thru. We all thought it was extremely odd. It was looking like he was either sick, lost something, drunk, dunno???? He was by himself and was just looking WAYYYY out of place. Wonder if the decision was made prior and he knew he was done...? Maybe confrontations and it finally came to a head.

    This is very ironic


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Greg is at Central Arkansas. They went 7-4 in 2015.

    James Willis is in his second stint as a LB coach with the Saints( see Stephon Anthony)

    ...the guy from Texas Tech that was here for 4 games


    Now Melvin Smith.

    GTFOH....HUD has an ego and Melvin probably told him where to shove it.
    Let's see...
    Central Arkansas...FCS program...meh...

    Saint's defense....been one of the NFL's worst lately

    Texas Tech...shredded by Alice Shoe in bowl last year

    That tells me there it's not a just at UL problem.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,054

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Our crew saw coach smith stumbling through the same exact track that the Cajun walk did about a 1/2 hour after the team walked thru. We all thought it was extremely odd. It was looking like he was either sick, lost something, drunk, dunno???? He was by himself and was just looking WAYYYY out of place. Wonder if the decision was made prior and he knew he was done...? Maybe confrontations and it finally came to a head.

    This is very ironic
    If you had to run Hud's defense, you would drink too

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    You should be banned.
    You should really calm down, sir, or I'm going to have to ask you to leave the conversation. 😂

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,054

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messenger View Post
    You should really calm down, sir, or I'm going to have to ask you to leave the conversation. 😂
    Proof...or get the ____ out.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Let's see...
    Central Arkansas...FCS program...meh...

    Saint's defense....been one of the NFL's worst lately

    Texas Tech...shredded by Alice Shoe in bowl last year

    That tells me there it's not a just at UL problem.
    The Texas Tech guy was not at Tech last year....he was fired in 2014. He was the guy that came in late in 2014 and changed the defense to a 4-2-5.

    Stewart's FCS roster held Oklahoma St to 31 points and lost to Sam Houston and McNeese. They would have all beaten UL in 2015

    Willis coached one of the best rookie linebacker in the NFL last year.

    ......

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,833

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Looks like I picked the wrong season to stop sniffing glue


  12. #52
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Let's see...
    Central Arkansas...FCS program...meh...

    Saint's defense....been one of the NFL's worst lately

    Texas Tech...shredded by Alice Shoe in bowl last year

    That tells me there it's not a just at UL problem.
    Good point.

    A change needed to be made though. What we saw yesterday was a continuation of last year. What made it worse was that this defense is supposed to be deeper and have more talent. Boise would have found the end zone at least 3 more times if they didn't just try to run out the clock in the second half.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Announced on KATC that Linebackers Coach Lucas promoted to DC


  14. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Good point.

    A change needed to be made though. What we saw yesterday was a continuation of last year. What made it worse was that this defense is supposed to be deeper and have more talent. Boise would have found the end zone at least 3 more times if they didn't just try to run out the clock in the second half.
    What concerns me is the possibility of inability to either select or hire a DC that knows what to do and evaluate talent.

  15. #55
    RaginScotsman's Avatar
    RaginScotsman is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    What concerns me is the possibility of inability to either select or hire a DC that knows what to do and evaluate talent.
    It's movement towards something different, hopefully. Defense wasn't the only issue yesterday. I'm not saying others coaches need to be shaken up, but hopefully yesterday was not indicative of our play calling the rest of the season.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Proof...or get the ____ out.
    Proof of what? You're acting very crazy, sir.

    Good promotion for Lucas. Nice choice Hud.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    16,054

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messenger View Post
    Proof of what? You're acting very crazy, sir.
    Proof that you aren't a troll. Proof...or get the ____ out.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Proof that you aren't a troll. Proof...or get the ____ out.
    Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to stay on topic. We are discussing UL's DC, not some fictitious character from Lord of the Rings.

  19. #59

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Announced on KATC that Linebackers Coach Lucas promoted to DC
    I'm not sure about for the majority of your season, but this can't be anything but good for your defense this week, as Lucas knows us as well as anybody.

    Your previous DC might not have given us his full attention, but I'm confident Lucas will. He's got some old scores to settle and as I recall, he didn't like us much...

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,882

    Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

    Our defense has nowhere to go but up, but firing the DC after one game speaks volumes about the state of our program. While we're becoming a laughing stock in the world of college football, other schools in our region and in our conference are establishing themselves as top G5 programs. Hudspeth is in panic mode and he should be, because the product that he's put on the field for the past two years has been crap.


Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •