_ _ _ _
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

  1. UL Basketball UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    One comes from Missouri, the other from South Carolin



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,736

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Oh boy, can't wait to read those articles. A lot of Ex SEC and Ex BYU distinctions for the next couple of years.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,036

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    One comes from Missouri, the other from South Carolin

    That's got to be the worst and weakest home OOC schedule we've ever had.

  4. #4
    BeauCajun's Avatar
    BeauCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Erath, La.
    Posts
    6,932

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Hopefully their "issues" don't transfer as well.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Gant was not originally recruited by the head coach he played under. He was recruited by HC Frank Haith and assistant Time Fuller. Fuller was let go after the 2014-15 season. Gant never played a minute for Haith because he bolted to take the Tulsa job because of the impending sanctions that were going to come down on him at Mizzou from the NCAA. Gant just was never a fit with Anderson. Also, the team is terrible and I am being kind with my words. Don't blame him for wanting a fresh start. Just my two cents. I grew up in St. Louis and was a huge Mizzou basketball fan. Pains me to see what that program has become over the last couple years.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Looks like we're finally going the Jesse Evans route again and I like it. Get those kids here and in line, start rebuilding/reloading on top tier transfers.

    We'll see....


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lafayette, La
    Posts
    835

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That's got to be the worst and weakest home OOC schedule we've ever had.
    Wow you are right not to mention I have to pay good money for my seats where ever they will be but for the first four games I can't sit in my seat so if I don't get there early I may get crappy seats. On top of this the OOC is worst than last year which was really sad. It may be hard for me to renew four seat when it only me that goes to the games. In my Saints voice wait till next year. So digusted.

  8. #8
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,006

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That's got to be the worst and weakest home OOC schedule we've ever had.
    I disagree. Pepperdine and La Tech are more attractive opponents than we have had in many of the last few years. We also have less non D1 opponents than in some past years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    10,110
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25 View Post
    Looks like we're finally going the Jesse Evans route again and I like it. Get those kids here and in line, start rebuilding/reloading on top tier transfers.

    We'll see....
    Agreed Scotto! At this level and in this conference you must take transfers to compete. The model seems to work well for Georgia State and Little Rock.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I disagree. Pepperdine and La Tech are more attractive opponents than we have had in many of the last few years. We also have less non D1 opponents than in some past years.
    Pepperdine yes...the last good home game we had was in fact latech so they can't really be better than themselves.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    4,862

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Pepperdine yes...the last good home game we had was in fact latech so they can't really be better than themselves.
    but they think they are don't they?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    11,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    but they think they are don't they?
    That they do

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,537

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    but they think they are don't they?
    Fact

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,036

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I disagree. Pepperdine and La Tech are more attractive opponents than we have had in many of the last few years. We also have less non D1 opponents than in some past years.
    Pepperdine and Tech are good games. What about Oklahoma Panhandle, Delaware State, Texas Southern, Nichols State and Loyola of New Orleans? Horrible schedule overall with the 2 exceptions.

  15. #15
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,006

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Pepperdine and Tech are good games. What about Oklahoma Panhandle, Delaware State, Texas Southern, Nichols State and Loyola of New Orleans? Horrible schedule overall with the 2 exceptions.
    Delaware State and Texas Southern home games are part of a tournament. The games at Montana State and James Madison are part of that tournament as well. Tournament organizers are the ones who decides which games are at home and which ones are on the road. It would have been nice to have James Madison at home but it was not our call. Nichols State is part of a home and home in response to a desire for more in state games. Southeastern was thought to fill that role but they backed out of the planned series. Nichols made some progress last season and there team will likely be better than the McNeese team that came to the Dome last year. Oklahoma Panhandle and Loyola are non D1 games we took on to balance the schedule. In the past, we have had as many as three non D1 games. Now, I think 2 is still too many. I would have played only one and taken a third money game on the road. However, that would have given us 14 home D1 games and 16 D1 road games. There used to be a conference rule that differential could not be more than 1. That may be why we took on two non D1 games as the differential is now 1. I noticed we only play one exhibition this year. Last year we played two. That means we are likely going back to the "secret scrimmage" game against a local D1 school. That may be Lamar this year. I think that helps prepare you more for the season than another non D1 exhibition.

  16. #16
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,690

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    For whatever reason, still a ____ poor home schedule.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,113
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    For whatever reason, still a ____ poor home schedule.
    But not attackable in the same manner.

  18. #18
    Cajunsmike is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,006

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    For whatever reason, still a ____ poor home schedule.
    I won't argue that the home schedule has a lack of marquee names. I will say that 14 D1 home games is an improvement. We have not had that many in several years. How good D1 teams like Delaware State and Texas Southern will be is something I cannot answer. I hope they are teams picked to do well in their leagues as we will need that to help prepare for conference games.

  19. #19
    basinbear's Avatar
    basinbear is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Missouri City, TX.
    Posts
    6,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I won't argue that the home schedule has a lack of marquee names. I will say that 14 D1 home games is an improvement. We have not had that many in several years. How good D1 teams like Delaware State and Texas Southern will be is something I cannot answer. I hope they are teams picked to do well in their leagues as we will need that to help prepare for conference games.
    Home and Home with Nicholls? Good lord....

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,113
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: UL adds two basketball transfers from SEC programs

    Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Home and Home with Nicholls? Good lord....
    A Fire-a-ball offense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •